Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Agari OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Agari is #22 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Agari an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Agari is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Email: Agari vs Cisco Secure Email. Agari is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Agari?

Agari Enterprise Protect focuses on stopping identity deception, which is part of every targeted email attack. Using a combination of trust analytics, data science and visibility of the Agari Email Trust Platform into 10 billion emails a day, we allow only email from your unique set of trusted businesses, partners and employees to be delivered. With Agari, you escape the reactive approach of “looking for the bad” to stop different types of email threats. Agari builds a unique model of what is good and trusted that attackers cannot evade.

Agari Customers

NACHA

Agari Video

Agari Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Agari pricing:
"The pricing depends on the number of users; per how many mailboxes you have, but they're pretty negotiable with that, too."

Agari Reviews

Tom Foale - PeerSpot reviewer
CTO at Klaatu IT Security Ltd
Good brand protection, helpful documentation, good support, and it improves our security over time
  • "It comes with a lot of helpful tips for complicated areas."
  • "The protocol is quite complicated, which may not be something that could be improved, but it would be better if it was simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Agari primarily for brand protection. The environment is a complex set of domain names and subdomains from various acquisitions, as well a number of outbound marketing services that require monitoring and full DMARC protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Agari gives us visibility of our domain security, helps us manage our SPF, DKIM and DMARC records, prevents spoofing of our domains for phishing and ensures that our marketing and other emails are received correctly and not rejected as spam.

What is most valuable?

What we find the most valuable is Brand protection. It's very good and it does what it says.

It's easy to use.

It comes with a lot of helpful tips for complicated areas.

What needs improvement?

The DMARC protocol is quite complicated, which may not be something that could be improved. The new addition is BIMI, which provides secure brand recognition with delivered emails.

It takes a bit of learning. Agari guides you through it and the interface is improving. The documentation provided is quite good.

Email Security
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about HelpSystems, Proofpoint, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been working with Agari for several years, since before it was acquired by HelpSystems.

We are working with the latest version.

It's a very stable solution and you can scale it as much as you need. It has features that can take over the DKIM and SPF records, which means that you don't have a scaling limit of 10 on SPF entries.

They have a macro approach and it works very well.

It's a scalable product.

Technical support is very good.

We have a customer support manager and he is very good and very helpful.

We are also using Egress for anti-phishing.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's very easy to install.

The deployment is ongoing. We are project managing it for the client.

Many clients are working through the implementation cycle with standard protocols.

Everyone has a different implementation. With all of the service providers, some of them implement DMARC differently from others.

It takes a while because you have to locate all of the email senders. Quite often, you find things internally that nobody knew about. We are finding a lot of internal usages that should not have been happening, which is very useful for improving security over time.

Around 60%

Before we choose any product we took a look at all of the competitors, and Agari stood out.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Agari an eight out of ten.

Other
Senior Email Engineer at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Defends against all types of email attacks
  • "If spam or some kind of malicious email gets past Mimecast and gets into our email environment, we can go into Agari and we can search for it."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Agari for email remediation.

How has it helped my organization?

They are very flexible as far as feature requests go. Once per quarter, they have an insider customer meeting that they invite you to, and they go over what features are coming up that are in development, and they actually invite you to these meetings and you can actually speak to them about what you would like to see in their product. A lot of times they've listened to us and put these requests into the product, which is pretty nice.

What is most valuable?

If spam or some kind of malicious email gets past Mimecast and gets into our email environment, we can go into Agari and we can search for it. We can actually enforce it and rip it out of the user's mailbox.

If we get a false-positive, there's an actual way we can kind of align the email that comes in. A lot of times we'll get an alert saying we received a package delivery from UPS or Amazon, for example. For some reason, that might get flagged as suspicious, but if we look at the email closely, we'll realize it's coming from a legitimate source. We can actually go into the email in tracking and use a "fix button", or something, and then we can add it to a bypass list. From there, we can actually add some comments and notes in there so we don't get that again.

I have been using Agari for roughly four years.

The stability is good. We have their service, which is on Amazon Web Services. We also have some Red Hat Linux appliances that we use in conjunction with that, on-prem, so it's kind of like a hybrid.

The technical support is pretty good. They've gotten better as the company has been growing. As far as sending an email or requesting support, they usually get back to us within a good amount of time.

What other advice do I have?

I would say definitely check them out. Besides their phishing defense, they have another platform for brand protection. So it's kind of like looking on the outside in by your domain reputation and other things that are out there. They have more than one product. It's definitely worth looking at as far as email security. They're pretty flexible, too. It's like setting up a lab environment or even doing a trial for 30, 60, or 90 days. That's definitely worth checking out.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Agari a rating of nine.