IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Adobe Captivate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Adobe Captivate?
Adobe Captivate software reimagines the way interactive eLearning is created for a multi-device world. Develop any-screen mobile learning without programming using all-new responsive authoring.

Adobe Captivate was previously known as Captivate.

Adobe Captivate Customers
GAAP Dynamic, Ceresti Health, ThinkBuzan, Visiting Nurse Service of New York, Design Goat, meLearning Solutions, The BRITE Initiative, Kineo
Adobe Captivate Video

Archived Adobe Captivate Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user846276 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager, Virtual Training at Realogy Holdings Corp.
  • "Automatic responsive designs allow us to not have to code for any eLearning modules."
  • "It helped us bring in-house what would have otherwise been extremely costly projects."
  • "I would love to see a "For Dummies" option. It gets pretty extensive in its level of intricacies and options offered."
  • "I would love a quick widget which walks novices through the process along with descriptive output options."

What is our primary use case?

Creates short training modules and/or videos which look cooler than a PowerPoint file. Our IT department was looking for some puny short videos for our new company website, but could not afford to have them professionally done,

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us bring in-house what would have otherwise been extremely costly projects. When we are working with limited budget constraints, it is the crafty who get bonuses.

What is most valuable?

Automatic responsive designs allow us to not have to code for any eLearning modules. Also, the naturally cool feel that you can generate from this solution allows us to mock up any website for training purposes.

What needs improvement?

I would love to see a "For Dummies" option. It gets pretty extensive in its level of intricacies and options offered.  I would love a quick widget which walks novices through the process along with descriptive output options.

PatrickCiPaaS - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager at SnapLogic
Leaderboard
Use Adobe Captivate to create videos if you take the time to learn. Call support with your questions.

Valuable Features:

We use Adobe Captivate 5.5 with Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 to produce Technical How-to videos. After an initial ramp up, the product works as well as other products such as Camtasia. If you have Technical Support in your package, call them even for how to do some things. Be patient. Eventually they make sure that they can help you. Save the number in your contacts because it takes quite a bit of time to find the right number on their website.

Room for Improvement:

Getting started with Captivate has been a struggle for two of us on our team. One just turned to another product because they found the interface, the tutorials, and the help not very useful. I spent almost a whole day trying to work on an issue but the Support Staff person eventually helped me solve the issue.

Other Advice:

The following workflow turns out to work for short videos. 1 ) Record the video without narration 2) Add audio using the Text-to-Speech option 3) Use the Text-to-Speech for your final video or use it as a script to narrate yourself or send out for professional treatment.
Product Categories