IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

WalkMe OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is WalkMe?

WalkMe is a top-ranked digital adoption platform provider that offers a codeless solution to organizations of all sizes to enhance the impact of their digital transformation strategy and increase user adoption. WalkMe also offers its services to enterprises, employees, customers, and products, assisting them in the transformation of user experience in the digital world. Through AI, analytics, guidance, and automation, as well as engagement, WalkMe helps users to complete tasks within different mobile applications, websites, and enterprise software.

Through their digital adoption platform, WalkMe allows organizations total visibility into the usage of applications and user behavior, to allowing them to improve digital adoption and increase results. Using the WalkMe digital console, organizations are able to create a data-driven experience and improve their strategies toward digital transformation.

WalkMe offers its users an integration center through which companies can use the digital adoption platform for different applications. Some of these include Salesforce, Segment, Amazon S3, Google Analytics, Slack, Gainsight, CVS, and Webhooks, and several others. The solutions that WalkMe provides for integrating with different software are categorized into four major sections and include guidance, (for creating walkthroughs for users for different platforms), engagement, (to notify users of different steps they should take), insights, (helping to improve different processes based on data), and automation, (helping system owners build automated processes with no coding).

WalkMe Features

As a digital adoption platform, WalkMe provides different features to help its clients achieve optimized performance for its users. Some of these features include:

• Data features: Providing its users with detailed insight for digital adoption, WalkMe offers various data- and visibility-related features. They include management dashboards, enhanced by AI, as well as AI-based data entry diagnostics, workflow analytics, and KPI management. The automatic reports from all of these functions provide insights for user behavior and assist companies to improve their services.

• Action features: WalkMe offers no-code solutions for building and designing across applications and workflows. Organizations don't have to seek the help of developers to assist them with problem-solving, as the build feature of WalkMe helps them act promptly without the need for any coding expertise or knowledge. Similarly, they can take advantage of the design feature, which, through a conversational interface, automation, tooltips, and screen guidance, can apply changes to the user interface.

• Experience features: The digital adoption platform offers various features to enhance the experience. They include personalization across workflows or devices for users; integrations; omnichannel experience through the web, desktop, and mobile; ensuring intuitive access and application adaptation to different platforms; and a technology feature, leveraging machine learning and AI for identifying user behavior.

WalkMe Benefits

As a high-rated digital adoption platform, WalkMe offers its clients various benefits, through the solutions and features it offers. Some of the benefits of this platform include:

• Smart walk-throughs and tips for users to clarify processes and elements.
  • Analytics platform for product usage insight.
  • Self-help player menu for companies to organize resources easily.
  • Digital adoption solutions for enterprises, employees, customers, and product adoption.
  • Individualized offers for users, based on their needs and requirements.
WalkMe Customers

More than 1,500 enterprises globally, including over 30 percent of Fortune 500 companies: Amazon, Microsoft, T-Mobile, Cisco, CenturyLink, BMO, PayPal, Clarizen, Hulu, DB Schenker, Delta Air Lines

WalkMe Video

Archived WalkMe Reviews (more than two years old)

Video Production Specialist at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Considering the depth of features, it's deceptively simple with an intuitive, straightforward interface. However, it could be improved with an automation process for checking my own work.

What is most valuable?

The core functionality, creating the step by step walkthroughs, is fantastic. It's simple to learn and get started and I'm constantly finding new ways to implement it. The interface is intuitive and straightforward, almost deceptively simple considering the depth of the features.

How has it helped my organization?

WalkMe has given us a clear way to communicate with our end users and help them use our product while they are actually using our product, not just reading an article then going back to the product. We can implement changes quickly since we're able to communicate directly with the users and walk them through using the new feature. Rather than finding ways to incrementally change functionality we can change things quickly and know that our users won't be lost along the way.

What needs improvement?

I've found setup and implementation of WalkMe to be fast, easy, and actually pretty fun. The only thing that would make it easier would be an automation process for checking my own work. Maybe a spell check too?

Every time I've wondered if there were a way to do something they already had that feature in development and the functionality was better than what I had thought of.

Approximately 9 months.

Deployment is easy and fast. I have never had any issues deploying to our users.

Making changes after deployment is just as simple. It's only happened once or ten times that after deployment I would notice a typo or other issue and I was able to make the change and have the fix deployed with in minutes.

I've never encountered any stability issues with WalkMe that can be attributed to their product. I have had issues where WalkMe has not functioned as I expected, but invariably this was due to user error and not the software itself. If they had a function that could make sure I'm not making a mistake that would be great but I'm not sure that's even possible.

WalkMe has scaled to fit our needs smoothly and easily since we've been using it. We've never encountered any difference in functionality no matter the scale. We've never seen any significant difference between running WalkMe and not running Walkme in the functionality of our product.

Does this go to 11? It's rare to encounter customer service that is as responsive and helpful as the folks at WalkMe. I've never had to wait more than an hour before getting a response to a question. I've had some dumb questions and they've always been helpful, courteous, patient, and knowledgeable. I've been really impressed by their willingness to hop on and do some work on their end to solve even the smallest issue I might be having.

I've never had an issue that they weren't able to decipher and find a way to make it work. As is often the case in software I've tried to use functions to accomplish things they weren't originally designed to accomplish. Even in those cases the WalkMe team has been happy to jump in and help me make it work.

After shopping around for solutions we settled on WalkMe for the ease of use and analytics that it provides. While we never used any of the other solutions available we are happy with our choice to go with the full featured WalkMe.

Initial set up was extremely simple, just downloaded the plugin and started poking buttons. I was able to build my first walk through within the first hour without any training.

We have our own dedicated team in-house for designing walk throughs, implementing them, and managing them. The initial setup period took some time but after implementing the core set of walk throughs managing and adding more is not a burdensome or overly time consuming task.

Our ROI is quite satisfactory. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to write here and it tells me I have to write 120 characters before it will let me post this review. So I'll repeat. We are happy with our ROI.

WalkMe is a value add. We've found it to be equal to or greater in value than the pricing and licensing costs. And that's 120 characters.

We evaluated a couple of options, but WalkMe provided the functionality we were looking for along with in depth analytics and dedicated support so we can be as responsive to our clients as possible.

What other advice do I have?

I have been nothing but pleased with this product. From the start WalkMe has impressed us with its functionality and ease of use.

SFDC Solutions Architect at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Admin no longer has to focus on training as users click on the walk-thru's, but I'd advise registering for training as admin tools are a little confusing.

How has it helped my organization?

WalkMe takes the focus off the admin to provide training and empowers the users to click on the walk-thru's.

What needs improvement?

The admin tools can be a little confusing, so I understand registering for the training.

3 months

No. WalkMe completed our deployment on time without issues. Until we take training and can complete setup on our own, we won't be able to provide much.

Not to date.

Excellent. Julian has been very forth coming with information and more than willing to help.

NA - haven't had a need.

We did not. This is our first use of an application like this.

Pretty straightforward, but seems to be a little confusing with all the steps an admin needs to do to setup new walk-thru's.

In-house.

Not sure yet.

Seems reasonable now that our usage has gone up.

Not other apps but other training/documentation options that didn't seem to fit our need.

Customer Success Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
We were able to simplify and expedite the customer on-boarding and adoption process. It's complex, though, for a non-technical person and training takes 2 hours.

What is most valuable?

Auto-Played Walk Throughs

On-screen element actions

Segmentation

Setting Goals

Customization

Tutorials can be created, edited and updated in minutes — with no coding required

How has it helped my organization?

With Walkme installed we were able to simplify and expedite the customer on-boarding and adoption process. Instead of scheduling the long training session, our users can self board themselves using walkthrus.

Also we can see and learn how our users interact on the platform and constantly adjust the product according to their needs.

Plus we definitely have less questions sent to our support team.

What needs improvement?

The platform is quite complex for a non-technical person, so it takes a while to fly on the platform on your own without constantly bothering CSMs.

Training session are a bit too long (2 hours). It's hard to fit in the working day.

3 months

It took a while to kick off because of the complexity of our product. We needed to provision all possible user cases to understand what would be the best and less confusing walkthru flow.

I haven't experienced any issues with the stability. None of the common issues like:

Crashes and system hangs/freezes

Slow back up times and aborted backup

File corruption and data loss

Errors in programs

RAM use and cache problems

Hard drive failures

We didn't have any particular issue with scalability. However scalability is a fundamental quality of software. The same operations can be used without wear on programs of all sizes and with any volume of data.

from 0 to 10, I will give 9, just leaving a small room for improvement. But in general, Customer Service was extremely professional, fast and collaborative.

Haven't have many reasons to bother technical support because WalkMe has an automated /self-service solutions that users can access themselves without the aid of the Help Desk. These include automated password resets, Web sites for requesting ITIL support, and very well-done knowledge base lookup.

We haven't used another solution. We were on-boarding client through training sessions, what was taking a lot of time.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward, because the most complex part was done by the WM CSM. We received a step-by-step guidance and recommendations on how to get started and how to build the walkthus.

Vendor team. The level of expertise was very high, our CSM, Danielle Cohen, always knew how to fix the issue or improve/implement the new step. She would always recommend the best practices which was very helpful to learn how to utilize WM.

Increase Usage

Increase number of users

Driving traffic on the platform

Create challenges

Drive proposals

Improve Product engagement

Increase Product collaboration

I'm not sure if I can recommend something here, since I was not involved into pricing and licensing. The only thing I know is that we have 3 year agreement which is great for building trusted vendor relationships.

Before choosing walkme we evaluated several other options. However walkme was the best solution for our type of product. It matched our solutions better than the others.

Here are some other options that we considered:

TourMy App - multilingual and customizable

Taurus - offers a nice drag-and-drop interface for tooltips, but no demos are available

Intercom - for online on-boarding through chat - but we ended up using it for other purposes

What other advice do I have?

It would be great to have more flexibility on the design creation.

For non-tech CSM it is sometimes it's hard to build a specific code.

Founder & Facilitator at a think tank with 51-200 employees
It's amazing to see how quickly our users get up and running, but you really have to rely on your success manager to get the first phase launched.

What is most valuable?

The walk-thrus have been instrumental in our onboarding and support process. We have a very simple list of walk throughs the user can follow as they interact with our app for the first time. It's amazing to see how quickly our users get up and running compared to our old method of 1-on-1 training.

The launchers are also a great way to address common issues that pop up from time to time. It's nice not having to rely on our development team to add help buttons throughout the system.

We have also use the shoutouts to announce new updates, features, fixes, etc. and it has boosted our engagement tremendously. We found it beneficial to be communicating with our users in context, while they are actually in our app. Its much less of an interruption compared to an email.

How has it helped my organization?

We have reduced our onboarding time about 30% since implementing WalkMe. We’ve also been able to train more individuals within a new company, rather than limiting the onboarding process to a 1-on-1 approach. We are working with customers that are now able to use WalkMe to train their colleagues and boost our overall engagement.

What needs improvement?

The biggest area for improvement is the onboarding and training. It is very hands on and you really have to rely on your success manager to get the first phase launched. The nature of the product lends it self to a high touch onboarding experience though, because every app is different.

What makes Walk-Me so powerful is the ease and range of customization, which just takes a little time to get used to in the early stages.

1 Year

We deployed quite smoothly actually. We really took our time with the CSM and made sure that everything was running as it should. I recommend giving yourself a generous timeline for full deployment (depending on the size of your app) just to make sure that everything runs as expected.

There is a lot of testing that goes into making sure you've covered every angle of a walk-thru. That's not a process you want to rush through.

I've never had any issues with WalkMe going down. I've actually never had a bug that effected the functionality of the app either. Just a few user experience bugs here and there that were corrected quickly.

We are at full scale capacity in our use of WalkMe and there is nothing that leads me to believe that scalability would be an issue.

The customer service is amazing. The CSMs are knowledgable and always available to help find better ways to use the tool. I believe the CSMs really make the product. Without their time and effort the tool would be way to difficult to deploy. I use WalkMe as an example all the time when working with our customer support staff. The really do a tremendous job.

Tech support is awesome. Always quick to respond, even when it requires that a developer take a look at our setup.

We were just using 1-on-1 training and support. WalkMe has made our training efforts much more scalable. Our user's ability to train and learn on their own has resulted in a much faster onboarding process and higher retention month after month.

It really just depends on your app and the way it is built. WalkMe is very customizable, so there is a learning curve. But once you learn how it interacts with your app it is really easy to use.

I was personally in charge of implementation. I found it to be a relatively simple and easy process. Unfortunately, I don't have more to offer on subject.

We easily captured a 10x return on our investment every month. Walkme alone has delayed us from having to hire another full time CSM.

Although the contract can be a little nerve racking, it is totally worth it. I found that it helped give us the right mindset and commitment as we went through the onboarding process.

We really didn't find many alternatives. At the time we were considering a few learning management systems. Once we found WalkMe we were confident that it was the right fit.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, WalkMe exceeded our expectations. WalkMe had a significant impact on our ability to launch new versions, retrain more than 10,000 users, identify the areas that needed work in our system, and quickly provide a better product to our customers. I now feel very confident in my ability to use the tool and capture a major ROI for our company.

HRO Training Programs Leader with 501-1,000 employees
It's been a game-changer for how we handle systems training internally, although the editor functionality could use some improvement.

What is most valuable?

The ability to work across integrated systems and build the WalkThrus so that they can start from various steps in the process has been extremely beneficial for us. The other feature we've used quite a bit is the launchers. These have been a great way for us to connect policy and procedure answers with system navigational support. WalkMe has made important contributions toward our ability to offer our customers an integrated solution!

How has it helped my organization?

The WalkThrus have been a huge help to us in supporting our customers' employees and their ability to use our systems. They have also been a game changer for how we handle systems training internally.

What needs improvement?

Speed has sometimes been an issue for us. The WalkThrus can't load until the system does so sometimes when both are slow the result can be very frustrating to the user.

Also, the editor functionality could use some improvement. With a library of over 120 WalkThrus, the single layer of tags is not sufficient for our needs to organize and sort WalkThrus. I'd like to see a multilayered filtering system to help us manage our library.

Finally, I'd like to see the need to dig into jquery eliminated. That level of knowledge is generally beyond the expertise of someone in the role of building these and there should be a way the tool can fill in that gap.

1 year

The largest issue we had with deployment was around appropriate resourcing. The WalkThrus are simple to use when complete but building them takes time and technical savvy. Building them to be resilient enough to handle any user behavior without breaking and doing a full suite of testing on them is time consuming. We have had someone devoted all most full time to this effort over the last year.

Not huge issues but sometimes the WalkThrus behave differently 2 times in a row during testing.

Mainly the issues mentioned above around managing the WalkThrus behind the scenes. We sometimes have to have a few different versions of the same WalkThru (where client configuration differs) and the tags are not sufficient to help us track and manage versions.

Very high. The WalkMe team has acted as partners to us throughout the process.

Very high. The technical team has been available to us as needed. I just hope some of the things we've had to ask them for help with will be improved so that customers can do them on their own (like the jquery issue).

Complex in the need for technical savvy and time to set up. The time needed to get started was far beyond what the sales team described in the sales process.

In house.

We are just setting up analytics now and will be tracking that in coming months.

Just to be clear re: the level of resources needed internally to be successful.

I was not part of that process so I can't speak to it.

Manager, Customer Success with 51-200 employees
Our users can get hands-on help in a self-paced manner while actually getting things done in our app, but WalkMe has a steep learning curve.

What is most valuable?

The builder is a good balance of being user friendly while offering advanced functionality. The ability to build very custom tutorials without needing major development resources is of great value. It also helps my team save time and therefore money when it comes to the customer journey.

How has it helped my organization?

WalkMe allowed our users to get hands-on help in a self-paced manner while actually getting things done in our app. They do not have to rely on watching videos or reading articles. This changed (and is still changing) the way we on-board our customers.

What needs improvement?

The app is sometimes sluggish and has a steep learning curve for users who are trying to build WalkMes and are not tech savvy. It also adds to our QA process where we need to verify that the WalkMes are working properly after every release.

I've been using WalkMe since 2013

No major issues to speak of apart from the initial time investment it takes. There were a few one-off issues here and there but the support team was quick to help.

Only one major instance but WalkMe's support team was quick to resolve it.

No issues have been encountered yet.

We are focusing on a specific segment of our customers before fully rolling WalkMe out to everyone who uses our app, but no issues to report so far.

The level of customer service is excellent. The team is responsive, keeps a personal relationship, and offers a lot of help and advise as we go. They also communicate major changes and updates as they happen.

Technical support has been great so far, very responsive and thorough. They have great documentation and use their own product to teach customers how to use it (meta!).

No, I did not use a previous automated solution. There weren't many options available in the market and WalkMe stood out as a unique solution that solved our problem.

The basic functionality is easy to grasp but building what I needed required more advanced knowledge of WalkMe and took more time and resources than expected.

The implementation was in-house. We did not need a vendor to implement WalkMe for us. It was straight-forward and the team offered us training and on-going support as we went.

The main ROI is reduction in support and training volume from our end-users. The savings in time and effort reduce our running expenses.

My contract is probably unique due to us signing up when WalkMe was a younger company, so I don't have relevant advice.

Yes, we evaluated a company but it folded shortly after we saw a demo. I do not recall the name of that company but it was based in Canada.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a lot of steps to on-board your users and have a web product that is fairly complex to grasp, I highly recommend WalkMe. The service is exceptional and the software itself is slick.

COO at a real estate/law firm with 51-200 employees
It works very well with our web-based software, making our training more efficient.

What is most valuable?

The user interface was easy to work with and learn. Easy and smooth transition overall. The Walkme Solutions worked very well with our web based software.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows us to easily demo our software as well as train new users. Made training way more efficient.

What needs improvement?

None

4 months

None.

None

A+, excellent. Our support advisor, Doug Sykes, was great. Polite, understanding, patient, Knowledgable and very helpful throughout the entire process. Highly recommend working with him.

Very straightforward

WalkMe support helped us implement.

Not sure how to calculate the ROI on this.

Fair pricing...fair licensing. No issues yet.

None...the other option was to build our own software for training services. WalkMe was an easy and more cost effective solution.

What other advice do I have?

Try to work with Doug Sykes. He was great!

Director of Customer Success with 51-200 employees
It's most notably helped with on-boarding of users, but I'd like to see better analytics and reporting tools.

What is most valuable?

WalkMe Walk-Thrus have helped to guide customers to relevant parts of the site while helping to avoid pain points or other issues. We use Launchers to test button placements and assist with site navigation as our product develops. ShoutOuts have been useful in placing upsells in relevant locations within out app.

How has it helped my organization?

WalkMe has help most notably with the on-boarding of users, both those that have interacted with sales or support reps and those who have not (i.e. our touch-less conversions).

What needs improvement?

The next thing I'm looking for from WalkMe is better analytics and reporting tools to make their data they track more actionable to allow our team to create better processes and debug the things that are not working.

4 Months

Deployment was a smooth and easy process. I was able to test WalkMe even before buying. There were not specific issues.

I have not seen any specific issues with stability. Each site is built differently, so ample testing is necessary to ensure the implementation works as expected.

I have not seen any specific issues with scalability. The only issue I could foresee is managing WalkMe content. As the content grows, it will be necessary to filter content in the content manager views.

We have a weekly meeting with out Customer Success Manager to address any issues, planning, or goals we are seeking.

So far, any technical issues we've had have been resolved quickly. Typically the Customer Success Manager will support you through any concerns.

This initial implementation was very straightforward. We implemented with our own team, ~2-3 for implementation and testing.

In the past 4 months, we have not had enough data to calculate an ROI. Our main measure of success has been the conversion rate of our touch-less conversions as well as our overall churn rate; both have improved.

If you're a newer company, work with your sales rep to find a pricing plan that works for you company and your budget.

We have not used any other solutions for this application, however we had looked at several others and WalkMe seemed to be the most robust. I do not have the names of the others off hand.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any other comments, the previous statements sum it up pretty well. Overall, WalkMe has helped support our customers and get the doing the things they should be doing in our app.

Technical Writer at a hospitality company with 501-1,000 employees
We can develop user assistance directly without redirecting users, but it requires clean code with unique UI element IDs so the walk-thru's can grab UI elements correctly.

What is most valuable?

WalkMe gives us the ability to develop user assistance directly in our software, without redirecting users to online content or videos. Users can learn while they complete actual tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

We can devote more time to developing conceptual elearning and best practices because WalkMe supports teaching users system navigation.

What needs improvement?

You need clean code with unique UI element IDs in your product so the walk-thru's can grab UI elements correctly. Ensuring that the walk-thru's work from beginning to end depends on users following each step and not clicking away from your developed path.

3 years

No, WalkMe is very easy to deploy after you embed the required test and production snippets in the code.

No, downtime has been minimal. I think we've encountered problems only once following a WalkMe release, and it was resolved within a couple of hours.

No, we use it in a number of products with numerous walk-thrus with no issues.

Excellent. Our reps are very responsive and work with us to configure walk-thrus in many different ways to present the information that we need for users.

Excellent via email and working with support, but as a technical writer, I wish the online help content was better. It covers the basics but doesn't explain complex scenarios with which advanced users need assistance.

No, this is the only solution of its kind that we've used, though it has replaced e-learning.

Straightforward. The tool gets more complex when you develop more complex user scenarios using it, but overall it's a very basic tool.

We implemented through a vendor team, and their level of expertise has been great.

WalkMe is not an inexpensive tool, so it should be implemented broadly to make the investment worthwhile.

Consider that WalkMe is an expensive tool and you should put it to use in multiple areas of your website or application to make the investment worthwhile. WalkMe is flexible with licensing terms.

No others evaluated. WalkMe has the full set of features that we need and has provided customization where we need it.

Innovative Learning Coach with 51-200 employees
It's saved our Implementation and Subject Matter Expert teams countless hours of work, but it runs a little slowly at times, which can be frustrating to our fast-paced users.

What is most valuable?

With the ability to use Shoutouts, Lauchers, as well as Onboarding, we have the ability to really drive Training into our end users and keep them updated on new enhancements and training opportunities. Onboarding alone has saved our Implementation and Subject Matter Expert teams countless hours of work in demos and training calls.

Analytics, allows our Implementation teams to keep our end users accountable in their own personal training sessions.

How has it helped my organization?

Scalability, we now are able to save time for our account managers by being able to provide on the spot solutions to our end users.

Onboarding has replaced, and enhanced our previous training module for new Clients and internal hires.

Shoutouts have allowed us to fill up In Office Training sessions in hours rather than days/weeks.

What needs improvement?

Increased Speed is always welcome, but that is with anything that is web-based. Additionally it would be wonderful to have the Analytics, which are amazing, be able to sync seamlessly into Salesforce to run reports out of.

8 Months

We have not found any real issues with deployment that would have been WalkMe's doing. With all new software solutions there are bumps in the road but WalkMe has always been there to help us make anything right that we ran into.

Occasionally the system runs a little slowly, which can be frustrating to some of our fast paced end users, but that is more due to the robust number of Walk Thrus our team has created.

The only issue would be decreased speed due to the large amount of Walk Thrus we have created. But the Scalability it provided our service teams is far and above the issues with speed that we experience in house.

Wonderful, our Client Success Manager is always available and great to work with. We have also had some great experiences with the general Support team. Even their programmers are willing to jump on the line with us if we have any issues we can't figure out with our CSM.

The support staff is amazing. It seems like they are always available to answer any questions I shoot their way. Not only do they always have solutions they are constantly following up to ensure we not experiencing the same issues.

We did not use a previous solution, this was a much more cost efficient option for us rather than creating our own solution.

Since our situation is a little unique there were issues in the beginning with initial set up. But with help from internal programming and WalkMe's programming we were able to find the best solution and roll it out quickly.

I believe we went In-house, and had a wonderful experience. Any issues we may have experienced were cleaned up shortly.

Our return on this investment with walkme is enhanced user interface, and saved time for our service teams. Overall this tool has saved time and sanity.

Just to be in communication with your CSM or sales team, they helped us with our pricing structure as making sure we were aware of reaching new breakpoints

We researched a few others, but they went out of business while researching and found WalkMe to always be the top of the market.

What other advice do I have?

USE EVERYTHING! all of their tools are amazing and interactive to help spread the good word your company is trying to portray.