We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Tyk OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tyk is #19 ranked solution in top API Management tools. PeerSpot users give Tyk an average rating of 8 out of 10. Tyk is most commonly compared to Kong Enterprise: Tyk vs Kong Enterprise. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is Tyk?
Tyk is an open source API Gateway that is fast and scalable, an API management platform featuring an API gateway, analytics, developer portal and dashboard. Available in three flavours to best suit your architecture and governance. We offer full cloud or on-premises options, and the best of both worlds with our unique hybrid model. www.tyk.io

Download the API Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Tyk Customers
Trip Advisor, Juniper Networks, AT&T

Tyk Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Tyk pricing:
"There are different versions and plans available depending on the requirements, so there is flexibility in terms of the pricing."

Tyk Reviews

Jun Hwang
Director at funlab inc
Deployment is easy and fast, and the technical support is good
  • "The most valuable feature is the load balancing with the circuit-breaker function."
  • "Sometimes when new features are released, they are not immediately stable."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Tyk is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. It is an API gateway and management system that is the single entry point for all of the microservices.

What is most valuable?

The virtual endpoint and distributing requests work well.

It integrated well with other solutions, such as Datadog.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes when new features are released, they are not immediately stable. It can take a few months for them to catch up completely.

I have been working with Tyk for about three years.

Tyk is really stable and we haven't had any crashes in three years. It is the type of solution that is running all of the time.

The scalability is awesome. Most of our customers are large businesses with a lot of internet traffic. One of our clients installed this product on AWS and the auto-scaling is great.

Depending on the requirements, the solution is sized accordingly. If there are more than five nodes then it is unlimited, so it is very flexible.

The technical support is good. They use a ticket-based system and they respond within two business days, without any SLA.

I used Kong at one point but it was quite some time ago, so I do not have recent experience with it.

The initial setup is straightforward and really easy. They distribute a Docker version, which can be installed within several minutes after a couple of clicks.

Depending on the requirements, this solution can be deployed on-premises, not the cloud, or in a hybrid configuration.

We deployed this solution for our customers, and one person is all that is required.

There are different versions and plans available depending on the requirements, so there is flexibility in terms of the pricing. Compared to other products, this is a cheaper solution.

What other advice do I have?

Our customers are happy with the features and performance, and I have not heard any complaints with respect to technical support.

Tyk only has a single product, so the length of time between updates is really short. For example, if there is a change in a security specification then they catch up quickly.

Overall, this is a good product but they could improve in terms of stability and performance with new updates that are released.

Hybrid Cloud
Product Categories
API Management
Download our free API Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tyk, Google, WSO2, and more!