IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Tripwire Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tripwire Enterprise is #20 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give Tripwire Enterprise an average rating of 8 out of 10. Tripwire Enterprise is most commonly compared to Cisco Sourcefire SNORT: Tripwire Enterprise vs Cisco Sourcefire SNORT. Tripwire Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Tripwire Enterprise?
Tripwire’s Security Configuration Management solution, Tripwire Enterprise, provides unequalled depth and granularity of continuous Endpoint intelligence, including system state and file integrity data across a broad range of endpoint, server and network platforms. It’s built upon one of industry's most robust, proven change detection technology with capabilities to definitively detect anomalous system and file changes, and provides early indicators of threat and breaches, including any endpoint data exfiltration. If a targeted attack occurs, Tripwire detects changes in real-time leveraging out-of-the-box Cybercrime Controls. Finally, Tripwire maintains a complete state history for investigation and forensics and can answer with confidence if a critical system has or has not been breached, when it was breached and what occurred on that system.
Tripwire Enterprise Customers
AAA, Agora, Allstate, Capital One, Chevron, City of London, Discount Tire, Essential Power, General Mills, Griffith University, Idaho Power, JWT, Los Angeles World Airports, Matria Healthcare, Marquette University, PayPal, PMI Group, Rothschild Bank AG Zurich, Sony, State of Ohio, United Healthcare, Vodafone, WestJet
Tripwire Enterprise Video

Archived Tripwire Enterprise Reviews (more than two years old)

Cyber Security Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Best solution for file integrity, with good technical support
  • "The most valuable feature is the integrity."
  • "The deployment with certain systems can be difficult and it needs to be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for: Check File Integrity Check Databases Configuration Integrity, Network devices Monitor changes manually or in real time Validate legitimate changes Reverse unauthorized changes Test node compliance against standards( ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SWIFT...) Automatic and manual remediation Generate reports manually or automatically Send notification emails Send logs via Syslog protocol

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integrity.  If the file configuration has been modified, this solution calculates a hash code of the file. This means that if someone has changed the file, the solution will recalculate the hash and the admin receive a notice that the file has been modified, by sending an email or an alert to the administrator that someone has modified, added or deleted a line. Not just files, but others like tables metadata, network device config...

What needs improvement?

The main functionality is good, it's the best. Maybe they can add more functionality, for example, they can add a rollback feature so that if someone has changed the file, it will give you an old version of the file and integrate it directly into the system. This is done for network devices but not in other devices. It's a good functionality to have but it's not necessary because it is the work of the administrator, not the solution. In the next release, I would like to see a guide for every solution to be implemented, bacause it takes some time to understand what files you need to check or what databases. The solution works with other solutions but there is no guide to explain how to do so. but if you know what files must be monitore, then you can considere that the implemention is well done.

I have been using this solution for one year.
Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Tripwire, Trend Micro, NNT and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: June 2022.
607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a stable solution.

This solution is scalable and it is easy to add users. We deploy this solution to other organizations that range in size from small to medium and large companies.

We have contacted technical support in many cases and they are very good. The last time that we contacted them was for an issue that we were having in deployment for the AIX systems. There are several errors when deploying this solution to AIX ystems, but with the help of support, it can be done.

It's easy to deploy this solution but to integrate the equipment for your use case is not that easy. It can be a bit difficult. It can take three weeks to deploy this solution, but it depends on the environment and he amount of equipment. You can have one or two people to deploy this solution and it can be as many as two for maintenance.

We have a team that can deploy this solution in other companies.

The licensing depends on type of the equipment, how many devices and the types of devices.

What other advice do I have?

When I first started working with Tripwire, I was only working on file integrity, but there are more functionalities for this solution that i can considure as the best like testing node compliance against standards, and rollback functionality for network devices, also there is an option that when you test your node compliance againt standards Tripwire give the ability to start automatic remediation for your system, or a guide to remediate and fix it manually. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Systems Analyst at bercell integrated technologies
Enables us to do vulnerability assessments for our customers and has good scalability
  • "We use Tripwire Enterprise as a tool to test the vulnerability of a network. That is the most valuable feature of the product for us."
  • "The main way that it can be improved is through better reporting."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the Tripwire Enterprise solution is for vulnerability assessment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization because we are now able to do vulnerability assessments for our customers.

What is most valuable?

We use Tripwire Enterprise as a tool to test the vulnerability of a network. That is the most valuable feature of the product for us.

What needs improvement?

The main way that it can be improved is through better reporting.

As for additional features, the product that we purchased has almost all of the features that we or one of our clients would require.

Less than one year.

The stability of Tripwire Enterprise has room for improvement, but it's about 75% what it should be already.

The scalability of Tripwire Enterprise is very good. We have a team of four people that do the assessment. They are security engineers. For deployment and maintenance, we only require one person.

Technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward. Deployment took us about a week with training. The implementation strategy was to do the assessment for customers that we approached.

We are an integrator company. We integrate it ourselves.

It is very cost effective.

One of the features of this solution is that they have a fixed annual price license for a limited number of users.

We had about 18 products that we evaluated and ended up with this one.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to anybody to try out Tripwire Enterprise. It's a very good solution for the cost. I would rate the product an 8 out of 10 points.

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tripwire, Trend Micro, NNT, and more!
Updated: June 2022