Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Network Specialist at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Quick to install and stable threat protection software, however, it can cause slow performance in your device
  • "Stable threat protection software that's quick to install. The security it provides is okay."
  • "This software could affect the performance of your device negatively, particularly causing slow performance after installation."

What is our primary use case?

We're using Trend Micro Apex One for protection against threats.

What is most valuable?

The security Trend Micro Apex One provides is okay.

What needs improvement?

The device, e.g. laptop, becomes slow after installing Trend Micro Apex One, so this is an area for improvement. The security it provides is okay, but it causes slow performance after installation. Personally, I don't like this software, because I can install and use other solutions that won't affect the performance of my laptop, though Trend Micro Apex One has many uses.

My company has been using Trend Micro Apex One for more than one year.

Trend Micro Apex One
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Trend Micro Apex One is a stable software.

Installation of this software was quick. It took just 10 to 20 minutes to complete the installation.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an infrastructure consultant, not part of the security team. My company is a system integrator in Thailand. We have many, many silos, e.g. we have the security, data, network, and development teams. My role is under the network team.

I wouldn't recommend Trend Micro Apex One to other users who want to start using it.

My company pays for the license of this software, but I don't know if it's a monthly or a yearly subscription.

My rating for Trend Micro Apex One is a five out of ten.

Nadeem Abdulla - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager - IT Infrastructure at Taghleef Industries SpA
Stable, straightforward to set up, and reasonably-priced

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for endpoint protection on all of our workstations and servers.

What is most valuable?

We are using this as an antivirus solution and all of those features are helpful.

What needs improvement?

The support could be more customer-friendly, although my experience with them has been okay.

We have been using Trend Micro Apex One for a couple of years.

This is a very stable product and we plan to continue using it.

We have approximately 1,000 users.

I have rarely been in contact with technical support, but my experience with them has been okay.

The installation process is straightforward. We are automating it, so I am not sure of the time that it takes to deploy. Installing it is done through our group policy.

Our organization deployed it with an in-house team before I joined.

The cost of this solution is mid-level; not cheap nor expensive. The subscription is paid on an annual basis.

The evaluation of products took place before I joined the company.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good solution and I can recommend it.

Trend Micro Apex One
September 2022
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lead Systems Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Feature rich, easy to use, but heavy on system resources
  • "The main features that are useful are application control, vulnerability protection, and XDR Vision One which we have recently started using. Additionally, the solution is easy to use."
  • "Trend Micro Apex One could improve by providing signatureless detection, reducing the agent's needed system resources to increase performance, and enhance further the vulnerability assessment feature. These changes would be very helpful in the future."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Trend Micro Apex One for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The main features that are useful are application control, vulnerability protection, and XDR Vision One which we have recently started using. Additionally, the solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Trend Micro Apex One could improve by providing signatureless detection, reducing the agent's needed system resources to increase performance, and enhance further the vulnerability assessment feature. These changes would be very helpful in the future.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex One for a short period of time. However, the company I work for has been using it for a few years.

The solution is stable.

Trend Micro Apex One is scalable.

The technical support is satisfactory, the support could be better.

I have used CrowdStrike.

Trend Micro Apex One is easy to administer. They have different consoles to manage different aspects of the solution. If you want to use XDR you have to use Vision One and that is not good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. However, we have found that CrowdStrike is better.

I rate Trend Micro Apex One a six out of ten.

Information Technology Infrastructure Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Useful USB storage blocker, stable, but interface could improve
  • "I have found it beneficial when I update a policy it is implemented within a few seconds and the blocking of USB storage function."
  • "The solution could improve by making the interface less confusing, it needs to be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Trend Micro Apex One for our organization's network security.

What is most valuable?

I have found it beneficial when I update a policy it is implemented within a few seconds and the blocking of USB storage function.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately five months.

In the time I have been using the solution it has been stable.

The solution is scalable.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

We were previously using McAfee Endpoint in our organization.

The initial setup was straightforward and very easy.

The price of the solution is fair and there is a per-user license to use the solution. Our costs are approximately $2,000 a month, it can get costly if you have a lot of users.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to try another solution if pricing is a concern because the cost can be high for companies and there are cheaper solutions.

I rate Trend Micro Apex One seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Head of Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A strong security product for endpoint protection with good stability, good security capabilities, and good support

What is our primary use case?

It is mainly used for endpoint security. It can be deployed on-premises or on the cloud, so it is a fairly hybrid product.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable. It also has good security capabilities. It is a strong security product for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

It would be great it can support endpoint encryption.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable.

We are securing more than 15,000 endpoints with this solution.

Their technical support is okay. They have a good support mechanism.

We have replaced Symantec and McAfee with Trend Micro Apex One.

Its installation has medium complexity. It is not very difficult, but it is also not that easy. It is an endpoint product, and the installation also depends on the number of users. The maximum number of individual deployments that we have done was about 8,000 users. We had around five engineers who worked for around three months for the entire deployment.

It has a per-user license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Trend Micro Apex One a nine out of ten.

IT Operations Section Head at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Effective behavior monitoring, highly reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for protection against ransomware, viruses, and spyware. Additionally, we have the policy for integration with the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most favorable features have been behavior monitoring and zero-day threat protection.

What needs improvement?

The integration could improve in this solution.

I have been using the solution for approximately four years.

In the two years that we have been using the solution we have not had an issue with stability.

The solution is scalable. We have approximately 2,500 licenses.

The installation is easy and took approximately 10 minutes.

We did the implementation ourselves and we have an automatic installer for our clients.

The price of the solution was expensive in the first year we had it because we were purchasing it locally. This year we have a global discount for the license. There is an additional cost if you want maintenance support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Trend Micro Apex One a ten out of ten.

Network Administrator at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Scalable and stable, but they need to include the IBS feature
  • "It's a stable solution, to date we have not had any issues."
  • "The most valuable feature is that it's normal, and not for a specific server."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see IBS included in OfficeScan."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see IBS included in OfficeScan."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's normal, and not for a specific server.

What needs improvement?

Trend Micro is a basic solution, but the problem is that it is more exclusive.

There are two products, one is for the endpoint for the client, and the other is for the sever, but the server is even more exclusive.

There are some features that are not available in OfficeScan. For example, IBS.

In the next release, I would like to see IBS included in OfficeScan.

I have been working with OfficeScan for more than two years.

We are using version 11.

It's a stable solution and to date, we have not had any issues.

OfficeScan is scalable, we have not experienced any issues.

Previously, I was working with Trend Micro, but recently we have signed with SentinelOne.

We contact our local partner, who is responsible for the setup and deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate OfficeScan a five out of ten.

Private Cloud
VP - Engineering and Customer Solutions at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
The web console is quite helpful but policies tend to be a bit complex to set up

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the security of our products.

What is most valuable?

The web console is quite helpful, as is the visibility view for deployment. Updates do things like Device Control Management, which I can control.

What needs improvement?

The policies tend to be a bit more complex to set up, so we do need some expertise in setting up the policies. This requires some preparation and knowledge.

We have been using Trend Micro Apex One about a year. I think it is the latest version.

We don't have any issue with stability.

The scalability is good. You can do it for almost 100 endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Apex One, probably the upgraded version. Maybe the XDR will meet today's needs, i.e. the XDR upgraded version. I would give Trend Micro Apex One 7 out of 10.

Download our free Trend Micro Apex One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022