IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Harun Rashid - PeerSpot reviewer
Presales & Implementation Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
User-friendly with good predictive features and great for endpoint security
  • "There's excellent data loss prevention to help prevent purposeful or accidental loss of data."
  • "Occasionally, the system may be a bit slow."

What is our primary use case?

We basically use the solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is a good product for endpoint security.

The product has so many wonderful features.

It is a user-friendly product for customers.

The solution has good smart protection capabilities.

The solution protects against any network security issues a client may encounter.

The predictive features are great. There are great predictive behavior analysis and monitoring.

Any unusual and unauthorized actions will be detected easily.

What needs improvement?

Occasionally, the system may be a bit slow.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point. It hasn't been too long.

The stability is good. We never had any issues with it. It's not buggy and I don't recall dealing with glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. It's easy for a company to expand it out if they need to.

Due to the solution's general user-friendliness, the initial setup is not too complex. It's pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have any professional relationship with the company.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

Apex One is the best solution for endpoint security due to its many wonderful features, and fast data protection.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a ten.

Bernd Speckbacher - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Good antivirus support and reasonably-priced, but the reporting should be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is the antivirus."
  • "I would like to see better reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as our antivirus solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the antivirus. We don't use any of the other features.

What needs improvement?

For Trend Micro in general, I would like to see better technical responses.

We had a few issues with the former product (Office Scan - this is not an EDR product). We did not get any useful answer from technical support. As a conesquence, there is room for improvement as it comes to our future use of Apex One - let's see how this will evolve.

We are currently testing Apex One, formerly known as OfficeScan which we had been using during the last 6 years.

This is a stable product.

Apex One is scalable.

From what I can tell, the technical support is non-existent. I sent questions about search behavior a couple of times and didn't get any answer.

I have worked with Kaspersky in the past. The setup is very different from what we have now and it is difficult to compare, but I think that Kaspersky is a better product.

In the Kaspersky deployment, the company had a lot of sites and edge-caching was needed to distribute videos.

The deployment took place before I joined the company.

The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Trend Micro Apex One
April 2022
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2022.
597,415 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nadeem Syed - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Haniya Technologies
Reseller
Responsive technical support, plenty of features, and high performance
  • "Some of the valuable features of Trend Micro Apex One are DLP, encryption, and patch management."
  • "All the features in Trend Micro Apex One are not compatible or functional for all the different operating systems. For example, they have fewer features in other operating systems compared to what they have for Microsoft Windows. It would be nice if they could have one solution which all functions work on all kinds of operating systems. It would be much easier for those who have different operating systems in their environment to have one solution."

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features of Trend Micro Apex One are DLP, encryption, and patch management.

What needs improvement?

All the features in Trend Micro Apex One are not compatible or functional for all the different operating systems. For example, they have fewer features in other operating systems compared to what they have for Microsoft Windows. It would be nice if they could have one solution which all functions work on all kinds of operating systems. It would be much easier for those who have different operating systems in their environment to have one solution.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex One for approximately three years.

The solution is stable with high performance.

Trend Micro Apex One is scalable.

We have approximately eight customers using this solution.

There are is a total of between 100 and 200 users using the solution.

Trend Micro has an edge over other solutions in technical support because they have local support.

The installation is very easy and quick, it takes approximately five to six hours to complete.

We have one technician that deals with the implementation and maintenance of the solution. However, if you are going to implement the solution in an enterprise-level company then you will need a team of two to three.

I have evaluated other solutions, such as Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Trend Micro Apex One a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
IT engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It offers high visibility on the agent side
  • "Apex One is flexible and offers a lot of visibility on the agent."
  • "Apex One has some room for improvement on the agent side. I want to get more from the logs and those kinds of things. I want to see whether the agent has the proper updates or any issues with the machine itself."

What is our primary use case?

I use Apex One for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

Apex One is flexible and offers a lot of visibility on the agent.

What needs improvement?

Apex One has some room for improvement on the agent side. I want to get more from the logs and those kinds of things. I want to see whether the agent has the proper updates or any issues with the machine itself. Also, if Trend Micro could add some more tools that I can use in my daily troubleshooting in the future, I think that would be good.

I've been using Apex One for maybe five or six years.

I haven't had any issues with Apex One so far. It hasn't given me any problems.

Support is Trend Micro's only downside. Their response time is slow.

I think SAP's endpoint solution has more features available in its interface compared to Apex One.

Installing and configuring Apex One is simple. It took maybe an hour.

It varies. It can be cheaper, and the other one is more expensive or the other way around. It depends on the reseller and the salespeople unless I'm buying directly from the company.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Apex One eight out of 10. I would recommend it for home-based users. My only real issue with Apex One is the response time from support.

Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Customer-friendly technical support, with beneficial DLP, and is easy to install
  • "It has the ability to share, which is not available in other products."
  • "The security features need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Apex One is very helpful, for our customers.

Trend Micro Apex One provides our clients with threat detection and response. It offers protection against threats.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro Apex One provides our customers with the best endpoint security.

It has the ability to share, which is not available in other products.

The DLP feature is beneficial to handle devices and other important files that cannot be accessed, sent, or shared.

What needs improvement?

This solution should be more secure, in my opinion.

The security features need improvement.

We are partners with Trend Micro.

We have been providing Trend Micro Apex One for a few years.

There are no issues with the stability of Trend Micro Apex One.

Trend Micro Apex One is a scalable product.

This solution has been provided to 13 or 14 clients.

Technical support is customer friendly.

We offer Trend Micro Endpoint, Apex Central, XCR, EDI, EPP, and their deep security.

We provide endpoint security for the extra server.

We have provided many solutions from Trend Micro.

The initial setup is straightforward.

This solution requires a license. It's an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution who are interested in endpoint security.

I would rate Trend Micro Apex One a ten out of ten.

Cyber Security Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
It's more effective and easier to integrate than most of its competitors
  • "It's easier to integrate Apex One than Kaspersky. It also performs well, and the customer feedback has been positive."
  • "I would suggest making the on-prem and cloud versions easier to manage via Apex One Central, a centralized management platform for customers and agents."

What is our primary use case?

I've done migration before from the cloud to Apex One on-prem, configured the security settings, and installed the agent on the client's endpoints. I've helped customers migrate from Apex One on-prem to Apex One Vision One in other projects. Also, I've set up Apex One Central to manage them all.

What is most valuable?

It's easier to integrate Apex One than Kaspersky. It also performs well, and the customer feedback has been positive.

What needs improvement?

I would suggest making the on-prem and cloud versions easier to manage via Apex One Central, a centralized management platform for customers and agents.

I've been using Apex One for almost six months. The company was using it for a while before I join it.

Apex One is scalable.

Trend Micro support is generally more helpful than the support for other solutions,

Apex One is easier to install Kaspersky than other solutions.

There are licenses for Apex One's individual security features, so it depends on what the customer needs. But in general, Trend Micro is cheap, and many customers require it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Apex One eight out of 10. I recommend it. It is more generic than Kaspersky, and I would say it's more effective than most competing solutions.

Hybrid Cloud
Network Specialist at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Quick to install and stable threat protection software, however, it can cause slow performance in your device
  • "Stable threat protection software that's quick to install. The security it provides is okay."
  • "This software could affect the performance of your device negatively, particularly causing slow performance after installation."

What is our primary use case?

We're using Trend Micro Apex One for protection against threats.

What is most valuable?

The security Trend Micro Apex One provides is okay.

What needs improvement?

The device, e.g. laptop, becomes slow after installing Trend Micro Apex One, so this is an area for improvement. The security it provides is okay, but it causes slow performance after installation. Personally, I don't like this software, because I can install and use other solutions that won't affect the performance of my laptop, though Trend Micro Apex One has many uses.

My company has been using Trend Micro Apex One for more than one year.

Trend Micro Apex One is a stable software.

Installation of this software was quick. It took just 10 to 20 minutes to complete the installation.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an infrastructure consultant, not part of the security team. My company is a system integrator in Thailand. We have many, many silos, e.g. we have the security, data, network, and development teams. My role is under the network team.

I wouldn't recommend Trend Micro Apex One to other users who want to start using it.

My company pays for the license of this software, but I don't know if it's a monthly or a yearly subscription.

My rating for Trend Micro Apex One is a five out of ten.

Assistant Manager – IT Infrastructure at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Stable, straightforward to set up, and reasonably-priced

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product for endpoint protection on all of our workstations and servers.

What is most valuable?

We are using this as an antivirus solution and all of those features are helpful.

What needs improvement?

The support could be more customer-friendly, although my experience with them has been okay.

We have been using Trend Micro Apex One for a couple of years.

This is a very stable product and we plan to continue using it.

We have approximately 1,000 users.

I have rarely been in contact with technical support, but my experience with them has been okay.

The installation process is straightforward. We are automating it, so I am not sure of the time that it takes to deploy. Installing it is done through our group policy.

Our organization deployed it with an in-house team before I joined.

The cost of this solution is mid-level; not cheap nor expensive. The subscription is paid on an annual basis.

The evaluation of products took place before I joined the company.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good solution and I can recommend it.

Download our free Trend Micro Apex One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: April 2022