ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) is the #13 ranked solution in top Threat Intelligence Platforms. PeerSpot users give ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) is most commonly compared to Anomali Match: ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) vs Anomali Match. ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Threat Intelligence Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP)?

The ThreatConnect Platform allows security teams to go beyond managing threat intel to operationalizing and making threat intel actionable. The Platform is built on a market-leading threat intelligence platform that includes a modern analytics engine leveraging machine learning, orchestration and automation, case management, and an extensible API along with a marketplace of apps to seamlessly connect tools into the platform.

Threat Intelligence Data Model, Library and Scoring - Native threat intelligence management built into the Platform that ingests dozens of commercial and open source threat feeds, as well as intel shared via STIX and TAXII, then normalizes and scores the intelligence making it ready for action.

Analytics Engine - A key differentiator in the ThreatConnect Platform is our analytics engine – CAL – that leverages machine learning and provides multiple capabilities such as: Community-powered insights on threats and indicators across ThreatConnect users, a “Rosetta Stone” that automatically translates the aliases of threat actor groups used across the threat intel landscape, a series of intelligence feeds that marry our massive dataset with our cutting edge tradecraft and analytics to bring novel datasets that nobody else is talking about, and Report Cards that allow you to track how open source TI feeds are performing in the real world.

Threat Graph - ThreatConnect’s Threat Graph visualization is a game changer that provides an environment where analysts can quickly explore, pivot, and gain insight into the connection between seemingly disparate intelligence and data points to get a comprehensive picture of a threat to the organization.

Low-Code Automation and Workflow - Low-code security automation and workflows are core capabilities of our Platform, enabling CTI and SecOps teams to gain efficiencies, improve consistency, and increase their efficacy by standardizing on specific processes and workflows, and automating repetitive tasks, processes, and playbooks, generating significant ROI for security teams by reducing the manual burden on analysts.

Browser Extension - Allows analysts to instantaneously scan and identify relevant pieces of information from any web-based resource with a simple click of a button. It allows analysts to quickly understand what is currently known about an indicator and to add it to the Threat Library to aid in future analysis and investigation efforts, as well as translate threat actor aliases in real-time.

ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) Video

ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) pricing:
  • "The price of this product is in the mid-range, not too expensive, nor inexpensive."
  • "The price could be better."
  • ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) Reviews

Vice President Global Technology Infrastructure Automation at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Ease to use, customizable, and they have responsive and knowledgeable support
    • "The most valuable features are ease of use and the ability to customize it."
    • "Integration is an area that could use some improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I was doing research on this product by implementing a proof of concept.

It is used to help an operations team with the identification and resolution of threats in an automated, zero-touch fashion. Basically, it reduces the time to detect and repair any incident related to security.

It is the security operations people or security engineers who use it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of use and the ability to customize it.

What needs improvement?

Integration is an area that could use some improvement.

We began using ThreatConnect about a year ago.

Threat Intelligence Platforms
    December 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about ThreatConnect, ThreatQuotient, Anomali and others in Threat Intelligence Platforms. Updated: December 2022.
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a reliable product and it's pretty stable in terms of how much traffic it can handle, as well as uptime.

ThreatConnect is pretty scalable. In our proof of concept, we didn't stress stuff to the point where it breaks, so we didn't get into a situation where we could see how much it can handle in a heavy load environment.

I find that the technical support is very good. They are very responsive and knowledgeable.

The price of this product is in the mid-range, not too expensive, nor inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing ThreatConnect is that they really have to understand what the use cases are, that they are trying to address. A lot of times, there is no one-size-fits-all model or solution. With an understand of the use case, they have to work closely with the vendor to ensure that it will deliver on the feature and the capabilities that they're looking for.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
    An easily configurable threat intelligence platform with a user-friendly user interface
    • "ThreatConnect has a highly user-friendly interface."
    • "They should make it a little bit easier to generate events and share them with the community"

What is our primary use case?

I use ThreatConnect to see what threats are coming in. I also use it to look at threats in the community.

What is most valuable?

ThreatConnect has a highly user-friendly interface. I loved it. It's really great. It's also easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

They should make it a little bit easier to generate events and share them with the community. Right now, it's a little complex to share with them or to download your events in a report. The price could also be better.

I've been using ThreatConnect for a little over two months for my personal research purposes.

ThreatConnect is very stable.

As it's cloud-based, it doesn't require any installation.

The price could be better. ThreatConnect is very expensive for a single user, but it maybe affordable for companies.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give ThreatConnect an eight.

Threat Intelligence Platforms
    December 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Nicolo Corrado - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consulente immobiliare at Libero
    Is a solid, uncomplicated platform that is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use it mainly for investigation. I have found it really useful to track and map threat actors. It can be used for balloting as well.

What is most valuable?

It's a solid platform and is stable enough. It is not complicated and is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It would be good to have more feeds and more integrated sources for enrichment.

I've been using this solution for two years.

It is a cloud solution.

It is stable.

There haven't been any issues with ingesting data, so I imagine that it's scalable.

I used Anomali and EclecticIQ before switching to ThreatConnect Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP).

As for the initial setup, it's straightforward. A free tutorial is available, so you can do the training before using the platform.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend ThreatConnect and rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free Threat Intelligence Platforms Report and find out what your peers are saying about ThreatConnect, ThreatQuotient, Anomali, and more!
    Updated: December 2022