TestProject OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TestProject is the #18 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools. PeerSpot users give TestProject an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. TestProject is most commonly compared to Katalon Studio: TestProject vs Katalon Studio. TestProject is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Test Automation Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is TestProject?

TestProject is a free end-to-end test automation platform for web, mobile, and API testing that’s supported by the #1 test automation community.

TestProject Customers

IBM, Wix, Flir, Payoneer

TestProject Video

TestProject Reviews

Senior QA Engineer Lead at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
Open-source with good reporting but needs to offer better performance
  • "The ease of web and mobile functional testing is pretty easy on TestProject."
  • "We'd like to see a direct cloud from TestProject instead of some other third party."

What is most valuable?

The product has a very good record-and-play functionality.

It has a very good reporting aspect.

The stability is quite good.

The ease of web and mobile functional testing is pretty easy on TestProject.

It's an open-source solution. The documentation available is excellent for an open-source product.

What needs improvement?

Every tool has its pros and cons. For example, in this product, load testing and performance testing would be good to have. If it offered that, it would be one of the best tools that I have worked with.

The solution can't really scale.

We'd like to see a direct cloud from TestProject instead of some other third party. Right now, they're supporting cloud deployments and testing environments, such as Sauce Labs and BrowserStack.

I've been using the solution since I started with my company, which was four months ago. It hasn't been that long just yet.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. I've never had downtime. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is reliable.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Katalon Studio, SmartBear and others in Test Automation Tools. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The scalability needs to happen via other tools. A company would not be able to scale with just this solution.

For functionality, it is good, however, when it comes to the load performance, scalability is not that great.

We're a smaller organization and have three or four users who use this product regularly.

I've never reached out to technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

That said, the solution is extremely thorough in terms of providing documentation, which is excellent. I'd rate the ability to get help very high based on this.

Previously, I was working with TestComplete SmartBear. That was on Windows desktop and it did pretty much what we wanted. Now, I'm into web and mobile and all that, which is a bit different.

The solution was already in place when I arrived at the organization. I can't speak to the setup process as I wasn't a part of the process.

We do not need to worry about much maintenance. A bigger enterprise may need to worry more about maintenance, however, for us, it's fine.

The solution is open-source and free to use.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with TeamProject.

I would rate the solution at a six out of ten.

Natália Santos - PeerSpot reviewer
QA Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Feels very complete for the kind of tool, the options and the service that it provides
  • "Ability to carry out automatic testing without having coding knowledge."
  • "Difficult trying to configure on more than one browser."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a QA specialist and customer of TestProject.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features the solution offers is the chance to be able to perform automatic tests by recording, and to create them without having coding knowledge. You need to be able to configure the elements but it doesn't require a high level of coding experience. I'm very pleased with the tool and the testing I've done has been positive. The only thing left now is to test how it behaves with the Angular solution. This solution is quite easy to use, it's great. Once we start using it, I think it will prove to be very functional and intuitive. Documentation is very clear and useful for a regular user to configure and use it.

What needs improvement?

I have had some difficulty trying to configure it on several browsers. I was able to configure several tests, but I can run in one browser only. Whenever I run a test they always fail when they need to pass between browsers. Perhaps that's my issue but I haven't found a solution to the problem. I've also noticed that the solution blocks a little when I try to use the auto-propose function. Those are the limitations I've identified till now but I need to carry out additional testing. Although documentation is good it would be helpful to be able to access instructions to help with understanding some of the functionalities.

I had worked with this solution several years ago and then moved to another solution. I've returned to TestProject over the past few weeks to refresh my knowledge.

TestProject is an open-source tool, and it feels very complete for the kind of tool, the options and the service that it provides.

I looked at Katalon Studio and was trying to run the solution over a software we've developed in the company. It's a web application that is developed in C# and Java and Angular. I was looking for an end-to-end tool that allows me to create automatic tests. I downloaded and tried to explore it but wasn't able to get the necessary performance.

What other advice do I have?

There are some things related to this solution that I'm not quite sure about yet so for now I will rate it an eight out of 10.

November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director Technology Services at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Effective automation, flexible, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We are using TestProject for test automation.

What is most valuable?

The automation and AI are very good.

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, there should be a SaaS offering available.

I have been using TestProject within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable and flexible.

Technical support is an area they need to work on, they are too slow to resolve issues.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is for them to test it in their environment before they purchase. They should follow the proof of concept process because every environment is different.

I rate TestProject a seven out of ten.

Download our free Test Automation Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Katalon Studio, SmartBear, and more!
Updated: November 2022