Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is the #4 ranked solution in top Mobile Threat Defense tools. PeerSpot users give Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is most commonly compared to VMware Workspace ONE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile vs VMware Workspace ONE. Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile?

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile helps predict, detect and prevent physical, malware, network and vulnerability exploits to protect businesses from mobile cyberattacks.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile was previously known as Skycure.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Customers

Samsung, Optiv, Exchange, MobileIron, Check Point, McAfee, AirWatch

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Video

Archived Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile Reviews (more than two years old)

Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy take control of off-site mobile devices and wipe data, but the support needs to be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is to be able to power up a device and wipe the data remotely."
  • "Having better, real-time support would be an improvement over having to send an email."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for wiping mobile device data remotely or taking full control of the device.

What is most valuable?

It is very flexible when it comes to adding devices.

What needs improvement?

A central database to keep track of devices would be helpful.

I have been working with Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile for less than six months.

The solution is stable.

The Endpoint Protection Mobile is a scalable system. We have more than one hundred people using it.

Real-time support needs to be available.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have an in-house implementation team that handled the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because, in today's workplace, where people are bringing their laptops home, it is important to have the ability to take control of them remotely.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Manager (Operations IT) at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good stability and fair pricing

What is our primary use case?

The primary use varies from client to client.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a lot of extremely useful features. It's reliable and makes search engines more powerful.

The user interface is good. Managing and monitoring tools are also good.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if there's anything lacking; I personally don't use the solution too much, so I'd have to look at it a bit and do some more research. I'm more on the operation side of things.

I've been using the solution for eight or nine years.

The stability of the solution is good. I'd rate it eight or nine out of ten.

Technical support is okay; we've been satisfied with the level of service we've received.

In comparison to Endpoint Protection, it's much easier.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

The pricing of the solution is fair.

What other advice do I have?

We use both on-premises and cloud deployment models.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

IslamMoussa - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of IT at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable and scalable but application and device control needs to be improved
  • "Your endpoint protection depends on the signature piece, so it's mainly for virus and malware protection, as well as also to control devices and applications."
  • "Application and device control needs to be improved. We also need to enhance login features for management to have good visibility of the events."

What is our primary use case?

Your endpoint protection depends on the signature piece, so it's mainly for virus and malware protection, as well as also to control devices and applications.

We use the on-premises version of Symantec Endpoint Express. We work in the banking industry and due to our regulations from the Central Bank of Egypt, we are not allowed to use any cloud services.

What needs improvement?

Application and device control needs to be improved. We have been talking to Symantec because we have some requirements we need in this solution. They are working with us to include this if we upgrade to the enterprise edition. We are working now on this point.

We already have communicated to Symantec that we are looking for some features to be added to Endpoint. For example, we need to enhance login features for management to have good visibility of the events. We asked to make device controls more advanced to have read or written features like other endpoint services from another vendor. Symantec said we can check it and upgrade from Express to Enterprise to cover this. We are working with them on these points.

We have been using this for around four or five years now.

There is no issue with the stability of Endpoint.

It's easy to scale, it depends on the model from the beginning. If we were to buy Symantec Express, it would be limited to 2,000 users. If I exceed the 2,000, I'll have to go to the Enterprise to separate the database from the Symantec Endpoint. The scalability depends on my environment. It's not about the product itself.

Currently, we have around 1,000 users, and maybe I'll increase it to 2,000 during the coming quarter.

We are currently assessing many products from different vendors, to make the decision whether we'll upgrade to Enterprise or replace it with another vendor. Additionally, we are testing Advantage Endpoint Protection and EDR, although they do not support some features, so I would have to add another endpoint with machine learning for all of the special intelligence besides signature-based functioning.

The Symantec support could certainly be improved.

A long time before I joined the bank, I think they used to have another solution like Express.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The first deployment was by the integrator when we chose Box from Symantec. However, due to the latency of Box and because its performance was not good, we moved to a VM environment. That deployment we did ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone wants to go with Endpoint Protection or Advantage Endpoint Protection or EDR, he should make a proper POC. He should make that POC by himself, he should be in direct contact to get the data and bring the vendors for each product to stand up for their own product. The efficiency of the product, detection rate, etc., are all factors that should be considered.

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.

Assistantmgr67 - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistance Manager, ICT Communication at ELNG
A good security solution that offers excellent integrations but is a bit expensive for the market
  • "Integration is good. You can integrate them with an off-brand endpoint solution. It has quite a few integration features you can use."
  • "The price is too expensive for the Egyptian market here. Compared to other products or the other competition here in the local market, they need to be more competitive cost-wise."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is to secure our mobile devices. The company hosts our mobile devices and needs to secure them because they hold our emails and part of our data.

How has it helped my organization?

Of course, every new security control adds up to the whole cyber-security framework of our organization in a way that we manage our risks more easier and faster.

What is most valuable?

The patch management alerts are the most valuable. Whenever they have one, I get a notification. I can then handle the upgrades or updates.

Integration is good. You can integrate them with an off-brand endpoint solution. It has quite a few integration features you can use. It offers good scalability as well.

What needs improvement?

I've only spent a year with it. I'm still quite new to the solution. I'm not fully aware of all of its features. we lack local training to be much aware of proper administration & management of the product.

The product price is too expensive relatively to the Egyptian market here. Other competitors here in the local market offer more benefit than Symantec, I recommend if they need can be more competitive specially cost-wise.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

The scalability is very good, especially with the integrations that they have with the other products like Office 365, the DLP, etc. Right now, we have less than 100 users.

Technical support is okay. On a scale of one to five, I would give it a three. I haven't experienced that many issues with them. As far as the problems that we've had or the challenges that we've faced it's quite good.

The solution is a cloud setup, so it's both simple and complex at the same time. You only need one person for maintenance.

The solution is subscription-based.

We did evaluate other options. We looked at Cisco, Trend Micro, and McAfee. We didn't evaluate in the sense of making a proof of concept of each. We asked around and got others who have used them to provide insights.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the public cloud deployment model.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.