Super Micro SuperBlade OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Super Micro SuperBlade is the #8 ranked solution in top Blade Servers. PeerSpot users give Super Micro SuperBlade an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Super Micro SuperBlade is most commonly compared to Dell PowerEdge M: Super Micro SuperBlade vs Dell PowerEdge M. Super Micro SuperBlade is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Blade Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Super Micro SuperBlade?
Super Micro's SuperBlade blade servers offer many unique advantages that differentiate it from competitors' blade products and traditional rack-mount solutions. Customer benefits include maximum density, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability - and in most applications, blade servers would reduce system acquisition costs. While other blade suppliers only offer general-purpose blade servers, the SuperBlade family enables full optimization for a wide array of mission-critical and compute-intensive applications. With in-house design engineering agility to accommodate customer needs rapidly, SuperBlade revolutionizes modular computing architecture by offering several advanced application-optimized models such as Enterprise Blade Server, Data Center Optimized Blade, Workstation Blade and Office Blade.

Super Micro SuperBlade was previously known as SuperBlade.

Super Micro SuperBlade Customers
Prace
Super Micro SuperBlade Video

Super Micro SuperBlade Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Super Micro SuperBlade pricing:
"The product is not expensive."

Super Micro SuperBlade Reviews

Sr. Systems Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Easy to set up with good technical support but does not scale well
  • "The initial setup was straightforward."
  • "The solution does not scale well."

What is our primary use case?

The product is primarily used for backup as a service.

How has it helped my organization?

It's just provided a solution that allowed us to install backup solutions, backup software, with a large number of disks.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup was straightforward.

We have found the product to be quite stable so far.

Technical support is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve their delivery time. It takes too long right now. It's something they need to work on.

The solution does not scale well.

Blade Servers
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Super Micro, Dell Technologies, Cisco and others in Blade Servers. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using the solution for about eight months or so. It hasn't even been a year yet. It's still quite new to us.

So far, the solution seems to be very stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance has been good overall.

It's not very scalable. We've maxed it out with the number of drives that it can handle.

We have close to ten users on the solution currently.

Technical support was pretty good. I'd give them probably eight out of ten. They are helpful and responsive and we are satisfied with the level of service provided to us.

The initial setup was not overly difficult or complex. It was straightforward. I'd describe it as simple. A company shouldn't have any issues with implementation.

The deployment is fast and only takes a few hours to execute.

We have another team that handles maintenance. I'm not sure how many people are required to handle that aspect of the product.

We handled the entire process n-house. There was no need to enlist the help of an integrator or consultant. We could handle it all ourselves.

I can no speak to the cost of the solution. It's not an aspect that I deal with directly.

While this solution is being used extensively, we're looking at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We're simply customers and end-users. We don't have a special relationship with this company.

We are using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd advise those considering the solution to just plan ahead for the lead time on delivery.

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten.

Gergely Lakos - PeerSpot reviewer
DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
With many servers in one, these blade servers are easier to manage
  • "I think the IPMI is a really good feature."
  • "Supermicro blade servers are not the best. They could improve in scalability but are not really scalable right now."

What is our primary use case?

We use Supermicro Superblade servers because we are a software engineering company.

I think we bought the Super Micro server because it was a competitively priced.

With many servers in one, these blade servers are easier to manage. We use Proxmox on these servers for virtualization. So these blades are in Proxmox clusters, and we create VMs for our customers or colleagues.

What is most valuable?

I think the IPMI is a really good feature because the VR is too far from our server, enabling us to restart or check or monitor our servers via the internet.

What needs improvement?

The service could be improved by faster servers, more widely available VMs, and more storage in one place. Then, in the event of a blade failure, we could start our VMs on another blade in a couple of minutes.

This is why we wanted to buy storage. But now, we want to buy a twin server with 24 VMware discs to create test storage.

The next product release should allow more servers to be controlled simultaneously.

I've been working with this company for two years, but I think the servers have been here for about four or five years.

The product isn't the most stable, but it's okay for us because there are no problems with the servers. So I'd give it six out of 10.

I think the Supermicro blade servers are not the best. They could improve in scalability but are not really scalable right now.

The initial setup of the Supermicro SuperBlade servers was pretty easy. I would rate it as eight on a scale of one to 10, with 10 being easy.

The product is competitively priced.

What other advice do I have?

About 1,000 people use the Supermicro SuperBlade servers in our company.

Overall, I would rate the product eight out of 10.

Blade Servers
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Field Application Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Resource-saving, simple deployment, easy preconfigure install, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

This solution can be used for various applications, high-performance computing, software as a service, cloud service, and data centers. It can be used anywhere.

What is most valuable?

The ability to save resource is a key feature.

What needs improvement?

There is a lack of support for fiber channels currently that needs to be added.

I have been providing this product for five years now.

The solution is stable.

I have found it to be a scalable product. We have over 3,000 customers globally.

There are one or two customer support agents, there is not a lot that can fail with the solution.

The installation is simple and does not take much time. Everything is all preconfigured and the blades are hot-swappable.

The deployment can be done with two people, everything is manageable through the software.

The product is not expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others.

I rate Super Micro SuperBlade an eight out of ten.