IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SonicWall Email Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SonicWall Email Security is #24 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give SonicWall Email Security an average rating of 8 out of 10. SonicWall Email Security is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Office 365: SonicWall Email Security vs Microsoft Defender for Office 365. SonicWall Email Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is SonicWall Email Security?
SonicWALL Email Security Platform offers powerful protection to keep email threats out. And sensitive data in. With innovative protection techniques for both inbound and outbound email plus unique management tools, the Email Security platform delivers superior email protection today while standing ready to stop the new attacks of tomorrow.

SonicWall Email Security was previously known as Dell SonicWALL Email Security Platform, SonicWall Hosted Email Security.

SonicWall Email Security Customers
Star Kay White, Locala Community Partnerships
SonicWall Email Security Video

SonicWall Email Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SonicWall Email Security pricing:
"When compared with Cisco, it is very well priced. Cisco is very expensive."

SonicWall Email Security Reviews

A.H.M. Amimul Ahsan - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing director at Avalon Technology Ltd
Many valuable features with user friendly interface; updates should be released more frequently
  • "There are no wasted extras and the interface is really simple."
  • "Updates could be released more frequently."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of Email Security is for email scanning. The solution checks for spam or phishing activities, as well as viruses of any sort. I'm the managing director of the company and we have a partnership with Sonicwall.

What is most valuable?

I think all the features are valuable. There are no wasted extras and the interface is really simple, so even if you don't have an IT background you can understand the working procedure, and how systems are monitored.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see updates released more frequently and it would be helpful if the solution could catch ransomware more quickly than other OEMs. Those are the two main things that could be improved. Previously, we had an issue with a faulty appliance and had to wait over two weeks for a replacement. It really shouldn't take that long. For some reason, SonicWall hasn't developed a marketing strategy here in Bangladesh and they should work on that. People here know about Cisco and Barracuda and Dell, but SonicWall is far behind and I have to convince clients to try it.

I've been using this solution for a year.
Email Security
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, Barracuda Networks, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is reliable and stable. It may be a little behind Barracuda but we haven't had any problems.

Scalability is okay overall. We've just completed implementation on a project and the scalability was fine.

We're satisfied with the customer support and so are our clients.

The process of implementation was complex because our engineers are not sufficiently trained in SonicWall and we were reliant on support from Switzerland. It was complicated. I wouldn't say that the solution requires maintenance but there are rule changes that occur and need to be applied to email security.

Licensing costs are middle of the road; not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. I think it would be helpful if they would lower their prices for a couple of years until the product becomes more well known here. Barracuda is expensive but everyone knows the name and they're willing to pay the price.

What other advice do I have?

SonicWall has various kinds of email security appliances for small, mid-level enterprise, and large-level enterprise organizations. If the email security engine is up to the mark, there is no issue. It's very flexible - the project I'm working on now has 300 users, but they're planning to increase to 1,000 users and possibly eventually 2,000 users. If costs are prohibitive for the on-prem version, then I'd recommend the virtual platform. For now, I rate this solution seven out of 10. I'm sure it will improve.

Jefferson Monfardini - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Director at BRASP
Good protection, technical support, well priced, and is easy to install

What is our primary use case?

I am a SonicWall certified professional, and my company has SonicWall ESP, as well as projects, security, and limited protection.

I am a reseller, as well as a partner.

SonicWall Email Security is used to protect from spam, viruses, and DLP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it protects from spam.

It is very easy to use.

SonicWall security is very good and well priced.

What needs improvement?

The reporting needs improvement.

I would like to see Spam Control and virus block features.

I have been using SonicWall Email Security for approximately seven years.

The TZ Series is deployed on the cloud.

I use version 3300.

SonicWall Email Security is a stable product.

We have 100 users in our organization who use this solution.

Technical support is very good.

Previously, I was working with Email Security by Cisco, which is very good but it is very expensive.

The initial setup is straightforward and simple.

It took one hour to complete the installation.

We only need one person to maintain this solution.

The price is good for both me and our customers.

When compared with Cisco, it is very well priced. Cisco is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SonicWall Email Security a nine out of ten.

Download our free Email Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, Barracuda Networks, Cisco, and more!
Updated: June 2022