Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ServiceNow DevOps OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ServiceNow DevOps is #3 ranked solution in top Value Stream Management Software. PeerSpot users give ServiceNow DevOps an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. ServiceNow DevOps is most commonly compared to Jira Align: ServiceNow DevOps vs Jira Align. ServiceNow DevOps is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 81% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 14% of all views.
ServiceNow DevOps Buyer's Guide

Download the ServiceNow DevOps Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ServiceNow DevOps?

ServiceNow DevOps enables IT teams to automate change management tasks such as planning, development, testing, deployment and operations via a single dashboard surfacing a common set of metrics, he said.

ServiceNow DevOps Customers
Syntax, Bridgewater Bank, Capita
ServiceNow DevOps Video

ServiceNow DevOps Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ServiceNow DevOps pricing:
  • "It's very expensive, so some organizations can't afford the additional license."
  • "We consider the pricing to be inordinately expensive and may deter others from choosing the solution"
  • ServiceNow DevOps Reviews

Anthony Gregg - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Engineer (Retail Group) at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    MSP
    A stable solution that is useful for cases and incidents tracking and help desk and knowledge management
    • "We use it for a lot of things, and it is really good for our use cases. We use it for our help desk and knowledge management, which is really good. When it comes to modules, it has an incident module, which is really good for us in terms of tracking our cases and incidents. Its change management module is really good, and it also has customization capabilities."
    • "Its performance is really bad. When you're on the hosted cloud, it gives you the time it takes for a transaction to happen, and it takes anything from 20 seconds to a minute, which is a really long time. Something that is really annoying in this solution is that when you click on the Back button to go back, you don't go back to the previous screen. You go back all the way to the homepage. It is really annoying and painful. Its UI is also pretty dated. It is very customizable, but the customization seems to be clunky. We have a separate team that owns the ServiceNow implementation. They control how it is customized. Its customizations are pretty extensive, and it takes us a while to get them done, which is painful. That could be because of our internal team, as opposed to the product itself. When it comes to DevOps, there are better solutions such as Atlassian and Azure DevOps. ServiceNow DevOps is an ITIL product that is trying to be something else. DevOps is not its prime purpose, even though it is capable of doing that. Trying to be too many things by one platform is not a good idea. They should focus on the ITIL space and not get into all other spaces."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for ITIL. It is our everyday tool for ITIL.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a very capable and significant product that we utilize within the company, and it has absolutely improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

We use it for a lot of things, and it is really good for our use cases. We use it for our help desk and knowledge management, which is really good.

When it comes to modules, it has an incident module, which is really good for us in terms of tracking our cases and incidents. Its change management module is really good, and it also has customization capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Its performance is really bad. When you're on the hosted cloud, it gives you the time it takes for a transaction to happen, and it takes anything from 20 seconds to a minute, which is a really long time.

Something that is really annoying in this solution is that when you click on the Back button to go back, you don't go back to the previous screen. You go back all the way to the homepage. It is really annoying and painful. Its UI is also pretty dated.

It is very customizable, but the customization seems to be clunky. We have a separate team that owns the ServiceNow implementation. They control how it is customized. Its customizations are pretty extensive, and it takes us a while to get them done, which is painful. That could be because of our internal team, as opposed to the product itself.

When it comes to DevOps, there are better solutions such as Atlassian and Azure DevOps. ServiceNow DevOps is an ITIL product that is trying to be something else. DevOps is not its prime purpose, even though it is capable of doing that. Trying to be too many things by one platform is not a good idea. They should focus on the ITIL space and not get into all other spaces.

Digital.ai Agility vs. ServiceNow DevOps
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Digital.ai Agility vs. ServiceNow DevOps and other solutions. Updated: September 2022.
    634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for eight to ten years.

Its stability is really good.

I believe it is very scalable because it is in the cloud. It is a very widely used application. Our whole IT organization uses it. We have probably a hundred thousand users.

We have our own internal tech support, so it is hard to know in terms of ServiceNow. Our internal tech support is pretty good on it.

The previous solution that we were using was Remedy. We switched because Remedy was even worse. It was dated in every way possible. It didn't perform, and it wasn't functional. Its UI was hard to use, and its capabilities were very limited.

What other advice do I have?

I am in the DevOps world, so from a DevOps perspective, I know all the tools out there. Personally, when it comes to DevOps, there are better solutions such as Atlassian and Azure DevOps, and I wouldn't use this solution for DevOps.

I would rate ServiceNow DevOps an eight out of ten as an ITIL tool. It has a lot of good things about it for its prime purpose, but there is definitely room to improve. As a DevOps tool, I would rate it lower because it is currently missing a lot of capabilities from that perspective.

Data Analyst Supervisor at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    MSP
    Contains an automated reporting side, great BI module, and ticketing system for filing and creating tickets for change management
    • "It's very user-friendly. It has a reporting side that is very automated. There are a lot of things that you can automate using that tool."
    • "The roles for the ServiceNow administration side could be improved. I think they could be more specific or add the descriptions for the different roles."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for operation and support. If we develop a certain project, we use ServiceNow for the ops side. That's why it's DevOps, meaning development. Ops is the operations wherein users can file tickets, or we can create tickets for a change management. For example, a change ticket or a request ticket for enhancement or for incidents that are bugs, et cetera.

Our team is DevOps, so we develop and are also part of operations. If there's a problem with the application, they log a ticket in ServiceNow. A ticket is assigned to us. Then we work on the ticket. We do the documentation and resolve it. There are times we transfer that ticket, so we are using the ServiceNow system to do all of that.

We also use it for Power BI. I connect Power BI directly to ServiceNow using Dash API.

What is most valuable?

I prefer it for a ticketing system for our customer platform. I prefer it against competitors. It also has a great BI module, which is in performance analytics, and it can easily be connected to Power BI.

What needs improvement?

The roles for the ServiceNow administration side could be improved. I think they could be more specific or add the descriptions for the different roles. For example, if I need access for a REST API, they can indicate on a description that these roles are the ones that are for REST API.

The reporting side could also be improved. The performance analytics side can be improved by lowering their price.

From more of a business perspective, the pricing could be better because I have tried to sell the performance analytics side, but it's very expensive, so the company decided not to purchase it.

I have used this solution for more than four years.

It is a very stable and reliable product.

We have had issues with technical support.

It's very expensive, so some organizations can't afford the additional license.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

I would recommend this solution for small enterprises because I think the pricing depends on how many users or profiles are going to be added or that are going to be using the account. So for a small business, I think the prices would be lower. I think it depends on the usage.

ServiceNow is recognized around the world. It's good that employees have exposure to it. It has also been used when you have ITIL practice. It accommodates that learning when you practice ITIL. It has the different functionalities that follow the guidelines that you learn from ITIL.

Jira Align vs. ServiceNow DevOps
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Jira Align vs. ServiceNow DevOps and other solutions. Updated: September 2022.
    634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    group head it at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Easy CACD integration but excessively priced
    • "I have found the ease of CACD integration to be the most valuable feature."
    • "Pricing is our biggest concern with the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for our entire internal idea simulator, with new feature functionality, ID, and product management development.

What is most valuable?

I have found the ease of CACD integration to be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is our biggest concern with the solution.

I have been using ServiceNow DevOps for at least the past 12 months.

Overall the product is very good, sales work.

As the solution has public cloud, scalability is not an issue. We have plans to increase its usage.

Technical support is bad and this is an area which needs improvement. It's easier for me to figure out the solution by Googling and checking out certain forums.

The initial setup is straightforward when carried out by people trained in the solution. Otherwise, it cannot be effected.

The licensing is annual. We consider the pricing to be inordinately expensive and may deter others from choosing the solution.

We did not evaluate other solutions prior to using ServiceNow DevOps.

What other advice do I have?

There are roughly 20 people using the solution in our organization.

We consider it to be user friendly. It is utilized by technical people.

I rate ServiceNow DevOps as a six out of eight because of its issue with pricing.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)