SAP BusinessObjects GRC OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP BusinessObjects GRC is the #1 ranked solution in top Continuous Controls Monitoring tools and #7 ranked solution in top GRC tools. PeerSpot users give SAP BusinessObjects GRC an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. SAP BusinessObjects GRC is most commonly compared to Security Weaver: SAP BusinessObjects GRC vs Security Weaver. SAP BusinessObjects GRC is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
What is SAP BusinessObjects GRC?
SAP GRC helps you automatically detect, remediate, and prevent access risk violations - no matter the industry or business size. Get real-time visibility into your current risk position, and confidently reduce unauthorized access, fraud, and the cost of compliance.

SAP BusinessObjects GRC was previously known as BusinessObjects GRC.

SAP BusinessObjects GRC Customers
INEOS Melamines GmbH, Banco Galicia
SAP BusinessObjects GRC Video

SAP BusinessObjects GRC Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP BusinessObjects GRC pricing:
  • "There is a yearly licensing cost. I would rate their pricing 4 out of 5."
  • "The license is costly."
  • SAP BusinessObjects GRC Reviews

Osama Saleh - PeerSpot reviewer
    Deputy Finance Director at Abdul Latif Jameel
    Provides a lot of useful information and helps in managing risks and controls
    • "It is wonderful from the control perspective. The GRC tools help you in knowing what are the risk controls, how to mitigate risks, and how to ensure that there are no conflicts between the roles. From the user perspective, you get to know what are the permission risks and access risks. You get a lot of useful information."
    • "BusinessObjects is very dated. It is not that user-friendly. It should be made more user-friendly. In addition, if they could make predictive analytics an embedded part of it where people get to know what is there to offer, it would be great."

What is our primary use case?

We have used BusinessObjects for creating reports based on the user-defined KPIs. We created various trend reports, analytical reports, consolidations, and financial statements.

What is most valuable?

It is wonderful from the control perspective. The GRC tools help you in knowing what are the risk controls, how to mitigate risks, and how to ensure that there are no conflicts between the roles. From the user perspective, you get to know what are the permission risks and access risks. You get a lot of useful information.

What needs improvement?

BusinessObjects is very dated. It is not that user-friendly. It should be made more user-friendly. In addition, if they could make predictive analytics an embedded part of it where people get to know what is there to offer, it would be great.

They need to invest heavily in business planning and consolidation. They have a BPC tool, which is known for planning and consolidation, but its implementation consumes a lot of effort. It is not that easy to implement. It would be better if they come up with a solution that is more user-friendly and easy to integrate so that we can have multiple consolidations or versions.

I have almost five years of experience in working with this solution.

It is stable. We have deployed the high availability center to ensure that we don't have any interruption in business.

SAP is known for its scalability. We are fully fledged into SAP. We have the complete suite of SAP, which is used by everyone from the front end to the back end. Its users are in the thousands.

In the finance area, we have 60% to 70% utilization of the product. There is a bit of opportunity to improve its usage as we go along.

I don't see any problem with their support. Their response is dependent on the ticket, such as whether it is a P1, P2, P3, or P4 issue. I would rate them a four out of five.

Before SAP, we were using Oracle 11i. We switched because we were having islands of applications. It was quite a challenge to scale all these applications together as we moved ahead. It was a good initiative to have one ERP solution that suits all purposes and is also scalable. It helped in centralizing a lot of functions. Previously, we had a scattered and decentralized environment. With the SAP FICO module, we could easily centralize. It is the backbone of financing.

It wasn't a big bang. We did a phased deployment. We first deployed the back-office applications, such as FICO, Material Management, and HRM. After the back-office stabilized, other modules were implemented in a staggered approach.

We used our system integrators. For the team, we followed the three-in-a-box concept where we had a lead from the area itself. For example, the finance area had assigned one lead. We had one IT lead and a consultant lead. There were also teams looking after data preparation, migration, and cleansing, as well as the ETL process. Another team was looking for the process changes and helping with data validation, process mining, approvals, and change management. Overall, we had almost 60 to 70 people.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend going for SAP if you need scalability going forward and if you are looking for a proper platform that connects your operations' front end to the back end. Considering eCommerce is evolving and touching on all the areas of our life, it makes sense to think about the SAP Hybris model as the eCommerce platform. It would bring efficiency and reduce your cost because the cost of maintenance of multiple products is always higher than a single product.

Gebrehiwot Tesfay Gebreslassie - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Intelligence Senior Developer II at Ethiopian Airlines
    Improved our organization's reporting culture and has given us insights into operational results

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution mainly for the reporters and analysis applications.

The solution is deployed on-premise.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved the organization's reporting culture. It has given us insights into health, management, and operational results.

What is most valuable?

The best features are the scalability and flexibility to implement applications on top of the BW.

What needs improvement?

The learning curve is high. It could be easier to use.

An additional feature I would like to see is the option to add wait time and integrate sources in wait time.

I have been using this solution for almost six years.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

The initial setup is complex.

I would rate the setup 4 out of 5.

About seven people were used for deployment and maintenance.

There is a yearly licensing cost. I would rate their pricing 4 out of 5.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

DGM at Bharat Electronics Limited
    Straightforward and fast initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution on-premises. We don't have plans to increase usage.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration.

I have been using this solution since 2007.

It's stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support could be better and faster.

Initial setup was straightforward. It took maybe one week.

We used the help of a consultant.

The license is costly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.