SAP Business One on AWS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Business One on AWS is the #4 ranked solution in top Cloud ERP tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Business One on AWS an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. SAP Business One on AWS is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure: SAP Business One on AWS vs Microsoft Azure. SAP Business One on AWS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Cloud ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SAP Business One on AWS?

Small businesses can now access all the benefits of the SAP Business One solution on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud without needing to make long-term commitments or costly capital expenditures for the required IT infrastructure.

AWS and SAP have worked together to test and certify the SAP Business One solution on the AWS cloud. Both SAP Business One, version for Microsoft SQL Server and SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA have been certified on the AWS cloud platform.

SAP Business One on AWS Customers

Comba Telecom, Exeter Family Friendly, GranBio, Kim Tech Ceong, Wego, Blue Ocean Systems, Whitebox Retail Logistics

SAP Business One on AWS Video

Archived SAP Business One on AWS Reviews (more than two years old)

Innovation and Technology Head at APPTech Experts
Cost-effective scalability and you can access it from anywhere
  • "The most valuable feature is the ability to access it from anywhere."
  • "The browser access needs to improve, as everybody in the industry knows how limited it is."

How has it helped my organization?

During the current times, amid the pandemic, having this solution allows us to much more ably work at home. You don't need to go to the office to access your ERP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to access it from anywhere. We can collaborate as a team from all different locations.

Putting it on the cloud gives you cost-effectiveness and the power to easily scale up, either horizontally or vertically.

What needs improvement?

The browser access needs to improve, as everybody in the industry knows how limited it is. Everybody is excited for the next version to come out with the web-based client.

I would like to see a full Linux version available in the future.

I have been working with SAP Business One on AWS since 2015. We have been using the main product, Business One, since 2006.

Cloud ERP
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Alight, SAP and others in Cloud ERP. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This product is very stable.

If you need additional resources then all you have to do is adjust it, unlike an on-premises solution where you have to replace hardware and experience downtime. Having it on the cloud essentially gives you the power to scale it up, any time you want it.

We have about 60 users in our company and we are managing about 100 clients. SAP supports organizations of all sizes but it mainly targets medium-sized and enterprise-level companies.

Everybody in the SAP team, including the partners, are very knowledgable about the product at both the technical and the functional level.

The initial setup is very easy. If you are very familiar with the product then it will take you less than an hour to deploy. Integrating it is also easy to do. The majority of time for deployment would be with the installation itself, as opposed to the configuration because it is very straightforward.

In total, it will take less than a day to fully deploy on the cloud.

We have an in-house team to handle the integration of this product into different solutions. We have industry-specific implementation services for retail, manufacturing, real estate, and others.

Including the administrator, project manager, and consultants, you normally need less than five people to deploy. We have five people in our application support team that can take care of maintenance.

When it comes to ROI, our clients who concern themselves with it are comparing cloud-based deployments to on-premises deployments. The companies that are investing a lot of money in their on-premises server don't mind investing more if it means transitioning them to the cloud. The security is better and accessibility improved, which is worth the investment.

SAP is a fair price and you get what you pay for. There are two versions, being a limited and a professional one. In some companies, they call the professional one the "Super User".

The price of the limited version is about 70,000 Pesos ($2,900 USD), and the professional version is about double at 140,000 Pesos ($5,800 USD).

If you need to integrate with other third-party software then you need to purchase Indirect Licenses, which are in addition to the standard fees. There would also be an implementation cost in this case.

What other advice do I have?

When this solution is installed, there are three servers. One is Active Directory, the second is the remote desktop, and the third is the SAP Database Server. In version 9.3, it is not purely cloud-based, which is why you need the remote desktop. In the upcoming version, 10.0, there will be a web-based client, which means that the entire solution will be purely cloud-based. This will result in better client experience.

My advice for anybody who is implementing SAP Business One on AWS is to be prepared. You have to understand the product really well before beginning the implementation. There are several certifications and accreditations available from SAP that are available in the training, which is a good place to start.

I also suggest getting the best consultants and technical team to assist with implementation.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from working with this solution is that you cannot learn enough by just reading about it. You need to have real-life, hands-on experience with implementing it and using it. There are a lot of things to learn and the biggest benefits come from experiencing it yourself. The documentation is okay but it is not a substitute for experience.

Overall, this is a really good product and I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
IT Manager at a leisure / travel company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use software that helps with finance, invoicing, and accounting

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for finance, invoicing and accounting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that it is easy to use the software.

I have been using SAP Business One on AWS for four years.

There are limits to the analytical dimensions for the accounting. There are only three analytical dimensions. You can choose a maximum of three analytical dimensions. If you want to use a more, you can. You have to upgrade the software with a version like HANA.

We are satisfied with the price.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Not a ten because it's not software for a structured company or something very big. That is my impression.

Cloud ERP
November 2022
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Consultant at Wescgace
Stable solution but there have been problems with the deployment
  • "I believe the solution is very stable."
  • "I feel that these vendors must be well trained so that they can deploy this solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution will be sale purchasing and financing.

What needs improvement?

Presently the vendor that is deploying it has lots of challenges. They are implementing it now, but we've not really signed it up. The challenge we are currently facing is that we are trying to integrate it with an SSL, or adding the SSL certificate. That is proving to be quite a challenge. That's mapping the private IP address with the public IP address.

I feel that these vendors must be well trained so that they can deploy this solution. The challenge is that they know the internal configuration, but they don't know how to configure it on a server. I don't think they have good knowledge of server security.

What we are basically using it for, is as an accounting package. So the vendors need to have a very good understanding of accounting and balancing accounts. They are not well-grounded.

A vendor is currently deploying it in our organization, so we have just started using it on premises.

I believe the solution is very stable.

We currently have eight users and the only challenge I currently see is the performance. We only have a license for eight users, but we plan on increasing our usage if we are satisfied with it and if it meets our needs. So I believe the solution is scalable.

The vendor wasn't competent enough to deploy the SAP solution so I had to go online to help them resolve their issue. And I am a customer.

The initial setup is rather straightforward even though we have been struggling with a few issues.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I rate this solution a seven. Additional features I would like to see in the next version is an ERP. This is an SAP Business One solution, but the HR part of SAP Business One is very limited. If they can add more features to the HR module inside the SAP Business One, it would be great.

User at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
A solution that offers easy deployment and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We are a factory for reducing power meters, so we use the solution for all modes of production, finance, etc.

What is most valuable?

The production and planning processes of the solution are very good.

What needs improvement?

The interface needs to be improved. It needs to be more user-friendly.

In future releases, the solution should offer more flexible UI and more analytics.

I've been using the solution for ten years.

The solution's stability is around 90%.

The scalability of the solution is around 90%. We have about 15 users. We may scale in the future, but we haven't made plans to do so.

We contact technical support one to two times a month. They're good.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment took around three months.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the private cloud deployment model.

I would recommend the solution.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.