RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle is the #19 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools. PeerSpot users give RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle an average rating of 5.6 out of 10. RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Identity Management (IM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle?
RSA SecurID provides world-leading two-factor authentication, protecting 25,000 organizations and 55 million users. RSA SecurID extends security to bring your own device (BYOD), cloud, and mobile as well as traditional virtual private network (VPN) and web portals. RSA SecurID solutions comprise three primary components: authenticator, platform, and agents.

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle was previously known as SecurID.

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Customers
NTT Com Asia, Virgin Blue, Bank of Uganda, EMEA Telecommunications Company, LAit (Lazio Innovazione Tecnologica), NyNet, OTP Bank, Red Bull Racing, Rupert House School, Signify, UK Local Authority, Bancolombia, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico (BPPR), TIVIT, Array Services, International Computerware, KPMG LLP, Moffitt Cancer Center
RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Video

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Pricing Advice

What users are saying about RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle pricing:
"We are using the cloud platform, but we don't find it compatible to be served as a multi-tenant platform. This is a large drawback. It becomes expensive because it is then an all-dedicated solution. You have to have a separate tenant for each client, which increases the cost. The overall unit pricing can be less expensive than how it is right now."

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Reviews

Harshul Nayak - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Project Manager at Capgemini
Lacking customization, poor support, but useful auditing
  • "RSA Identity Governance and lifecycles are good for the access certification and auditing sections."
  • "RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle could improve out-of-the-box customization."

What is our primary use case?

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle can be deployed on the cloud or on-premise. We have our own proprietary cloud solution created along with RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle and it's deployed on the AWS platform.

We use RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle for a broad level use case for service, mainly on the governance of the overall lifecycle of the entities. However, the use depends on the business of the clients, but mainly on managing their entities.

What is most valuable?

RSA Identity Governance and lifecycles are good for the access certification and auditing sections.

What needs improvement?

The solution has to adapt better because all the other competitors have their own SaaS solutions which have their own multi-tenant functions with ease of integration with the enterprise.

I have used RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle for a couple of years.

Identity Management (IM)
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about RSA, SailPoint, One Identity and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: December 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle could improve. It has some bugs that need to be fixed.

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle is scalable. In our and our client's organization the solution has been able to scale and is robust.

We have approximately 10,000 end users using this solution.

The support from RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle could improve. If there are any bugs, we have to engage them and receive a resolution, but sometimes these can run into months for a solution.

I rate the support from RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle a one out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Negative

RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle

We are using the cloud platform, but we don't find it compatible to be served as a multi-tenant platform. This is a large drawback. It becomes expensive because it is then an all-dedicated solution. You have to have a separate tenant for each client, which increases the cost. The overall unit pricing can be less expensive than how it is right now.

There are no additional costs other than the standard licensing fees.

I rate the price of I rate RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle a two out of five.

What other advice do I have?

The documentation of RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle is well done and there is online help available, but troubleshooting bugs they should be more proactive so that we can address the issues to the customers faster.

I rate RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle a five out of ten.

Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy data collection tool that lacks many features and customization options
  • "The data collection is excellent and easy to do. It does not require a lot of configuration nor does it require rules to be written like other competitors do."
  • "This product is missing a lot of features which other competitors are providing. One of the key features that are missing right now is risk scoring. Additionally, there is not much scope for customization - everything is hard-coded and predefined, so it does not allow the developers to make many modifications."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for joiners/movers/leavers along with the add-back, role-based access control, and certification.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This product is missing a lot of features which other competitors are providing. One of the key features that are missing right now is risk scoring. Additionally, there is not much scope for customization - everything is hard-coded and predefined, so it does not allow the developers to make many modifications.

I think the solution is stable for the most part with occasional performance issues. In my opinion, it is not meant for larger companies.

The solution is quite easy to scale.

I was working on a very critical project involving cluster deployment and needed RSA technical support to help us configure the cluster in our environment for on-premise. They assigned two engineers. One was not available until the last moment even though we contacted them nearly one month in advance. For that whole month, we were not told what we needed for the update, then just one day before the actual upgrade, they came out and said that they require physical access, a CD to be inserted in the data center, etc.  Our project ended up being delayed as a result.

The other engineer, in the middle of the upgrade, told us he was not sure what kind of architecture we were using. Support needs to improve their communication and efficiency as a whole.

Setup is straightforward and takes a team of roughly five members three to four months to complete depending on the size of the environment.

Competitors include SailPoint, CyberArk, 300, and Clarity.

What other advice do I have?

It is important to note that this solution runs on Oracle database only. So, even if your organization already has a database, they will still need to purchase another one. This also would require them to get a separate team of Oracle experts.

Additionally, there is no automatic load or failback process.

Overall this solution is best for a customer without many advanced tools within their environment who do not require integration with identify management.

Download our free Identity Management (IM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about RSA, SailPoint, One Identity, and more!
Updated: December 2022