IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Red Hat Fuse OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Red Hat Fuse is #5 ranked solution in top ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) tools. PeerSpot users give Red Hat Fuse an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Red Hat Fuse is most commonly compared to Mule ESB: Red Hat Fuse vs Mule ESB. Red Hat Fuse is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
Red Hat Fuse Buyer's Guide

Download the Red Hat Fuse Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Red Hat Fuse?

Red Hat JBoss Fuse is a lightweight, flexible integration platform that enables rapid integration across the extended enterprise - on-premise or in the cloud. JBoss Fuse includes modular integration capabilities, an enterprise service bus (ESB), to unlock information.

Red Hat Fuse was previously known as Fuse ESB, FuseSource.

Red Hat Fuse Customers

Avianca, American Product Distributors (APD), Kings College Hospital, AMD, CenturyLink, AECOM, E*TRADE

Red Hat Fuse Video

Archived Red Hat Fuse Reviews (more than two years old)

Solution Architect at AppValue
A solution offering easy setup and fast deployment with an ability to scale quickly
  • "The solution is stable. We have gone for months or years without any issue. There are no memory restarts, so from my point of view, it's very stable."
  • "The pricing model could be adjusted. The price should be lower."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Red Hat Fuse to implement microservices.

How has it helped my organization?

I was asked to implement an application that was supposed to protect a lot of information in XML format. After I analyzed the business case, I proposed the VPN Red Hat Fuse as the solution to implement for the application. We also analyzed what was needed to use Java for implementation, but using Red Hat Fuse simplified the look of the application. It integrates very well with XML, with JSON, MongoDB, and relational databases. It was a perfect choice.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers competent modules that help you to integrate with other platforms and it allows you to write applications in a few lines of code.

What needs improvement?

The pricing model could be adjusted. The price should be lower.

Red Hat Fuse
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Red Hat Fuse. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for more than four years.

The solution is stable. We have gone for months or years without any issue. There are no memory restarts, so from my point of view, it's very stable.

The solution is deployed using containers which makes it very scalable.

I've never had to contact Red Hat for this particular solution, though I have contacted them previously in regards to other solutions, and they were very helpful.

I have tried other options, but only for short periods of time.

The solution is easy to set up and use if you understand the philosophy behind the framework. Deployment was not a problem because it uses use containers, so I was able to use the source image feature integrated into Openshift.

As long as you have the source code on GitHub or GitLab or a Git repository it can be deployed in five to seven minutes.

I did the implementation myself.

We have a yearly subscription. You don't need a license. It's not an overly expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the private cloud deployment model with Openshift as the provider.

I would advise those considering implementation to play with the framework. If you try to understand the philosophy behind the framework it will make it easy to use.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

Solution Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Competitive with good technical qualities
  • "I found it was quite easy to set up and implement."
  • "The web tools need to be updated."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to connect our servers and external locations that we are dependent on for solution monitoring. We mainly use it for integration to our other systems. The reason we chose this is because it is good support for Camel which we use to some extent in our solution. Developers like to use Camel in their solutions. It has performed very well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the close connection with Camel because we already used it. That's really why we chose Red Hat Fuse.

What needs improvement?

The web tools need to be updated.

We never have any failures caused by the integrations. It's really stable for us.

I haven't contacted tech support for this solution.

Previously we used Cicerone integration, and as hardware it is old. It is not as widely known or used and it was quite expensive. The main reason for management was that they weren't particularly clean and it was more costly. Both internally and in sales, the cost was too high, which was a big part of our total cost considerations.

The reason we chose RedHat Fuse is that it was a combination of technical bracket and for economic reasons.

The initial setup was pretty straight forward and there were quite good guides on the internet. The web guides were pretty straight forward. I found it was quite easy to set up and implement.

We found other solutions were more costly.

Criteria for us was that the vendor needs to be stable and the product should be quite widely used for us to consider them. We truly value stabilty more than whether it is the best solution. We need stability and reliability. That doesn't always mean the most developed or the most high tech solutions.

The shortlist for us was, Mulesoft and RedHat Fuse. In the end, it was between those two.

What other advice do I have?

In our case it was much easier to implement a new integration on that platform than on the previous platform we had. Furthermore, it's open source, it doesn't charge us anything. The other one was a quite an expensive platform you would use in custom development. We saved money and time. Honestly, it fulfills the needs we have at the moment.

Download our free Red Hat Fuse Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022