IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ReadyAPI Virtualization OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ReadyAPI Virtualization is #4 ranked solution in top Service Virtualization tools. PeerSpot users give ReadyAPI Virtualization an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. ReadyAPI Virtualization is most commonly compared to Parasoft Service Virtualization: ReadyAPI Virtualization vs Parasoft Service Virtualization. ReadyAPI Virtualization is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 77% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 47% of all views.
What is ReadyAPI Virtualization?

API virtualization in ServiceV Pro helps you deliver great APIs on time and under budget, and does so for a fraction of the cost typically associated with traditional enterprise service virtualization suites.

ReadyAPI Virtualization was previously known as ServiceV Pro.

ReadyAPI Virtualization Customers

Zurich Insurance Group

ReadyAPI Virtualization Video

Archived ReadyAPI Virtualization Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Infrastructure Consulting Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Helps debugging API client issues with closed-off APIs
  • "Ties-in with the rest of the SoapUI platform and its ability to record traffic and create a virtual endpoint."
  • "Greater capacity to create Virtual APIs based on HAR files or wireshark recordings."

How has it helped my organization?

Helps debugging API client issues with closed-off APIs (behind the VPN).

Three months.

No, but we haven't ran it for very long.

For very complex and load intensive virtualization, the heap size needed to be increased.

10 out of 10. Very responsive.

Eight out of 10. On par with VMware, when they had more North American support.

In-house.

Not calculated.

Ability to have general IT staff enable developers using this software as opposed to more expensive vendors or developers building their own solution.

What other advice do I have?

Very good for the price point and compared to more expensive or custom development solutions.

Aishwarya  - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Software Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has the capability to extend its features for the execution of our APIs
  • "In times of DevOps, where continuous delivery and deployment is progressing at such a fast pace, ServiceV Pro has emerged as an add-on for enhancing our API product finish."
  • "The effort required to utilize the capabilities/usage of ServiceV Pro looks like the one area where we could have some further improvements"

How has it helped my organization?

It is very beneficial in reducing the redundancies during development, which can easily provide a better platform for continuous integration (CI) by cutting down the dependencies on the rest of the API team.

Various recordings can be done so as to keep track of the transactions being made each time and accordingly manipulate the way our APIs would run.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Since its the initial stage for us in which we have started using ServiceV Pro, there are not many areas of improvement that I think of, but the effort required to utilize the capabilities/usage of ServiceV Pro looks like the one area where we could have some further improvements made just to minimize the time required by a developer to use all the products collaboratively (SoapUI Pro, LoadUI Pro, and ServiceV Pro).

It's been over two months now that we have started using ServiceV Pro apart from the SoapUI Pro and LoadUI Pro testing which used to be our main area of focus.

No. ServiceV Pro seems to be a trustworthy tool in terms of its stability when it comes to the betterment of our APIs.

No. It has the capability to extend its features for the execution of our APIs.

By mirroring the behavior of the final produced API, ServiceV Pro extends its capability by predicting the way our APIs would behave in the future at a very early stage rather than after the deliverable in production is ready. This results in higher customer satisfaction and delivery.

The technical support was quite good, especially in terms of the collaborative products that Ready! API offers. The way SoapUI Pro is linked to LoadUI Pro and how they together extend their capability for ServiceV Pro.

We have been following the practice of designing the swaggers before writing the APIs, so as to know what the structure of our APIs and their responses would be, but it looks like a one time process which can't be made use of again.

We used to utilize the generated swaggers to keep up with the structure of the API response, but they did not have the functionality of keeping the record of the executions/transactions of the real API each time it executed. So, ServiceV Pro looked like a better option.

No, just had to follow the steps that we were told during the training.

It was implemented by me in my project as I'm the one who deals with all the Ready! API related functionalities that our project is concerned with, from SoapUI Pro to ServiceV Pro.

ServiceV Pro functionality helps in achieving better results in terms of performance and execution of APIs, which definitely results in reaching high-level standards, therefore, getting appreciation from the stakeholders as well.

Be updated with the latest offerings that the tool provides so as to avoid any clashes with issues, like licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Functional (SoapUI Pro) and Performance (LoadUI Pro) testing do play a very vital role in establishing the APIs in the most efficient way, but ServiceV has the next level potential of reshaping the structure/response of the API in order to make them more adequate and sellable.

Senior Java Developer at Arterra Mobility
Enabled our organization to deliver an end-to-end solution by virtualizing external systems
  • "ServiceV Pro enabled our organization to deliver an end-to-end solution by virtualizing external systems, which was easy to implement and provided for a lot of flexibility."
  • "Features, such as using Groovy scripts for generating dynamic response, which read data out of Excel sheets and one-click deployment are really nice."

What is our primary use case?

I had to deliver a solution to a customer who was dependent on third-party systems. We used ServiceV Pro to simulate the third-party systems and delivered an end-to-end solution.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I have been pretty much satisfied with the product until now.

One thing the product could improve upon is having different behaviors for the number of endpoints within a virtual service.

Less than one year.
    it_user741966 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Development Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Our testing process time was reduced by 30%

What is most valuable?

• Easy to create and share virtual services
    • Discovery option to create virtual services
    • Parallel testing
    • Simulate server side behavior
    • Data driving of simulated services

How has it helped my organization?

Our testing process time was reduced by 30%.

What needs improvement?

Requires more documentation or videos with examples, which is easily understood by the new users.

Three months.

10 out of 10.

10 out of 10.

SmartBear products are easy to install and the support is really good.

CA LISA.

Sr. Automation Architect (Desktop & Mobile Application) at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Offers mock virtualization services, which enhance our company's way of integration and testing
      • "ServiceV still has some bug in the tools, such as structure of the project, integration, and combination with different tools present."

How has it helped my organization?

Product definitely enhances our way of integration and testing.

What is most valuable?

• Helpful tooltips and self explanatory menu options.
      • Mock virtualization services and several instances of those services.

What needs improvement?

ServiceV still has some bug in the tools, such as structure of the project, integration, and combination with different tools present in the same tools, like SoapUI NG and LoadUI.

We are still deciding whether the tool can be beneficial to our system and organization.

Yes, sometimes the app hangs and kills itself during execution.

Customer service is very good and to the point.

Technical support is very thorough, well-organized, and helpful.

Setup was very straightforward, and online documentation and guidelines from the team were very helpful.

So far expected result has been beneficial to the our environment and system. However, it is still too early to talk about ROI.

Pricing is alright, however more options would be desirable for a fairly new product like ServiceV.

We have been going through several demos of other available open source and paid products, e.g.: JMeter, QuerySurge, Informatica, etc.