Quest SharePlex OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Quest SharePlex is the #5 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools and #17 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give Quest SharePlex an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Quest SharePlex is most commonly compared to Oracle GoldenGate: Quest SharePlex vs Oracle GoldenGate. Quest SharePlex is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
Quest SharePlex Buyer's Guide

Download the Quest SharePlex Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Quest SharePlex?

SharePlex database replication empowers your organization to achieve its database goals now and into the future. Make use of built-in monitoring, conflict resolution, data comparison and synchronization capabilities backed by award-winning support.

Quest SharePlex was previously known as Dell SharePlex, SharePlex.

Quest SharePlex Customers

Bodybuilding.com, Priceline.com, Ameco Beijing, Viasat, SK Broadband

Quest SharePlex Video

Archived Quest SharePlex Reviews (more than two years old)

Ahmad Abdulfattah - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
Excellent data backup and transfer features, with a quick and easy setup
  • "The core features of the solution we like are the reliability of the data transfer and the accuracy of data read and write. The stability of the solution is also excellent."
  • "The reporting features need improvement. It would be very good for users to have a clear understanding of the status of replication."

What is our primary use case?

• Database replicating
  • Reporting
  • Migration
  • Consolidation
  • High availability
  • Distributing data

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled the users to have another up-to-date online database for developers, reporting and high availability.

What is most valuable?

The synchronization, data backup, and data transfer are all valuable features of the solution.

The core features of the solution we like are the reliability of the data transfer and the accuracy of data read and write. The stability of the solution is also excellent.

What needs improvement?

The reporting features need improvement. It would be very good for users to have a clear understanding of the status of replication.

In the next release, they should add support for integrations between databases to be increased. Currently, you can only transfer between Oracle and SQL, SQL and Oracle. If this was developed more, it would be very, very good.

Quest SharePlex
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Quest SharePlex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very stable., easy to fix though

The solution is very scalable. It can handle a terabyte of data easily.

The technical support is handled by Quest who handles all of their other products as well. They offer a good level of support. We're satisfied.

The initial setup is very easy. If you follow the guide, in five minutes you will have the full solution that can replicate databases of any size.

in house

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I would advise others that they have the ability to get a lot out of the solution. It has a lot of potential for deployment. You can use it for reporting, for data recovery, for backup, for replication, for updates, and for migration. It can be very useful for many applications.

I would rate the solution 9.5 out of ten. It's even better than the Oracle solution, in my opinion.

it_user736185 - PeerSpot reviewer
For core replication its performance is the fastest, and replication to multiple targets is also efficient
  • "The core replication and its performance. Performance is crucial, and SharePlex is by far the fastest. The way it handles replication to multiple targets along with basic filtering, as well as from multiple sources to a single target, is very efficient."
  • "For its function in relation to replication (i.e. filtering), I'd give it a six or seven out of 10. GoldenGate has much more functionality by comparison."

How has it helped my organization?

I can't answer, that would violate client confidentiality.

What is most valuable?

The core replication and its performance.

What needs improvement?

For its function in relation to replication (i.e. filtering), I'd give it a six or seven out of 10. GoldenGate has much more functionality by comparison. Queue manipulation as well. It lacks functionality for refining data during the replication process (which GoldenGate, for example, is capable of).

In SharePlex terms this would be function-based data partitioning (which it doesn't have in the above-stated versions).

Only in version 5. Version 6 and onward became quite stable.

Only in version 5. Scalability has improved, even in minor versions, from version 6 and up.

On a scale of one to 10, nine.

Initial setup is actually quite easy. When dealing with partitioning of data, (advanced filtering), it starts to become a bit complicated, but not a big hassle.

I haven't dealt with pricing and licensing.

A proof of concept with GoldenGate was set up but wasn't completed, as GoldenGate wasn't fast enough (at that time - maybe it is today). GoldenGate was in scope, but failed in performance.

What other advice do I have?

If performance is crucial, SharePlex should be your primary choice. If functionality in filtering (changing replicated values or adding calculated values or anything like that) is a priority, GoldenGate wins.