Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Oracle ERP Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle ERP Cloud is #1 ranked solution in top Cloud ERP tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle ERP Cloud an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Oracle ERP Cloud is most commonly compared to SAP S/4HANA: Oracle ERP Cloud vs SAP S/4HANA. Oracle ERP Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
Oracle ERP Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle ERP Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Oracle ERP Cloud?

Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Cloud offers a complete, innovative, and proven solution for organizations of all sizes. Oracle ERP Cloud is a comprehensive solution on a single cloud platform that includes built-in industry standards and modern best practices. Designed with scalability in mind, Oracle ERP Cloud manages core business areas including:

• Accounting
  • Procurement
  • Project planning and execution
  • Inventory and supply chain
  • Product lifecycle

ERP software is the backbone of many organizations and Oracle offers a modern, connected approach combined with the ease and flexibility of the cloud. Oracle ERP Cloud delivers the functionality, analytics, security, mobile capabilities, and social collaboration tools needed to run a business today.

Oracle ERP Cloud Customers

Grupo Aeromexico SAB de CV, Australian Finance Group Ltd., Shelf Drilling Ltd., Boise State University, The Rancon Group, Arin Innovation, PROMATIS software GmbH, KBBO, Delaware Life Insurance, Worthington Industries, Solairus Aviation

Oracle ERP Cloud Video

Oracle ERP Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle ERP Cloud pricing:
  • "The pricing for Oracle ERP Cloud is on par with other top solutions."
  • "For an ERP Cloud, the pricing is relatively high."
  • "We have an annual license with Oracle, however if we need additional features we do pay for them."
  • "The solution is expensive and there are some services that are extra costs."
  • Oracle ERP Cloud Reviews

Associate Director Delivery at Apps Associates
    MSP
    Has a lot of customizations and flexibility, and it integrates well with other applications
    • "What's most valuable in Oracle ERP Cloud is that it's one of the largest ERPs available in the market and it has a lot of customization features. It also has a lot of flexibility and integration options that work with other applications. Many of the customers also migrate to the cloud, so Oracle ERP Cloud is a preferred solution."
    • "In terms of areas for improvement, there are still a lot of other features that need to be incorporated into the future releases of Oracle ERP Cloud. We're hoping those would come soon because they're available in other ERP systems. For example, we used to have a lot of AME customizations in the BPM, but now we have a very limited scope, so it would be great if we could extend our scope. Currently, we are working with product teams to get through some of those solutions, and how we could implement them, so we have some workarounds to deal with, but we still have a long road ahead."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle ERP Cloud for any business purpose such as supply chain, financials, in-house management, movement of materials, etc.

What is most valuable?

What's most valuable in Oracle ERP Cloud is that it's one of the largest ERPs available in the market and it has a lot of customization features. It also has a lot of flexibility and integration options that work with other applications. Many of the customers also migrate to the cloud, so Oracle ERP Cloud is a preferred solution.

What needs improvement?

In terms of areas for improvement, there are still a lot of other features that need to be incorporated into the future releases of Oracle ERP Cloud. We're hoping those would come soon because they're available in other ERP systems. For example, we used to have a lot of AME customizations in the BPM, but now we have a very limited scope, so it would be great if we could extend our scope. Currently, we are working with product teams to get through some of those solutions, and how we could implement them, so we have some workarounds to deal with, but we still have a long road ahead.

I've been using Oracle ERP Cloud for quite some time, in particular, four or five years now. I'm using the latest version of the solution because it has a quarterly patch, so it gets upgraded, and it's on the cloud, so I don't need to worry about the version.

Oracle ERP Cloud
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Oracle ERP Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle ERP Cloud is a fairly stable solution. My company only needs to retest some of the applications and point that to product development during patching cycles, but the solution has evolved far more than it was a couple of years back.

My company hasn't tried scaling Oracle ERP Cloud, but to do it, you have to take care of cloud port profiling first, and whenever you see that the performance isn't good, you can always request for cloud port profiling. The Oracle ERP Cloud team does the rightsizing of the application, and that improves performance. With the solution, there's a way to try other things first before scaling, and I'm fine with that.

I do deal with the technical support team of Oracle ERP Cloud for issues and gaps, and on a scale of one to five, where one is the worst and five is the best, I'm rating support a four.

The initial setup of Oracle ERP Cloud is simple as it is cloud-based. The solution has import and export features, and you can use a template to upload, so setting up Oracle ERP Cloud is easy.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using Oracle ERP Cloud. I'm not an IT person. I'm more of a consultant.

The solution is on the cloud, so there's not much to maintain, and this makes Oracle ERP Cloud more portable and easier to use.

I would recommend Oracle ERP Cloud to others.

I'm rating Oracle ERP Cloud eight out of ten as it has many features and many modules, though giving it a generic rating would be difficult because it would still depend on the releases of the solution, in terms of respective modules and business flows, but it has improved now, particularly in the customer experience area. I also noticed that the supply chain feature of Oracle ERP Cloud is coming up with a lot of flows and several advanced supply chain features being integrated into the solution, and that makes Oracle ERP Cloud a better ERP solution in the years to come.

MichaelZhang - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Director at Guangdong Technion Institute of Technology
    A good cloud that scales well but can be expensive
    • "The solution is scalable and very stable. You don't need to worry about the underpinning infrastructure."
    • "The interface could be improved in future releases."

What is our primary use case?

In my current workplace, we use the Oracle Cloud ERP to manage our HR information - including general employee information, and payroll information, salary, promotion, and performance position information. We've also connected this HR module. We utilize the Oracle Cloud ERP to manage our HR and finance.

What is most valuable?

I really like the cloud feature. That's the most famous and the best one on the market. You can save lots of costs in comparison with an in-house solution.

The solution is scalable and very stable. You don't need to worry about the underpinning infrastructure. The system backup, we don't need to worry about it.

What needs improvement?

As an ERP solution, the design concept is complicated due to the fact that it will manage almost everything regarding the business operations. It's not designed to simplify something, it's actually designed to regulate or make it more integral. It should be easy to use per se. All ERP systems are quite sophisticated and not easy to master, however, the value of the ERP system needs to provide accurate business information to the leadership. The interface could be improved in future releases.

I've been using the solution for three or more years. It's been a while at this point.

The stability of the product is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

We have 185 users on the solution.

We do have plans to continue usage and renew our license.

Technical support is okay. If you want to have it on a higher level or get better service, you have to pay. It's an additional cost.

For the most part, we are satisfied with the level of support we have.

As a could-based solution, there isn't really an installation process required.

The solution allows us to save on costs. It's less expensive than an on-prem version.

We pay a yearly licensing fee. It's still relatively expensive. We'd like it to be cheaper still.

Technical support runs on tiers. Better service requires an extra payment.

I evaluated SAP and Oracle EBS, as well as Oracle PeopleSoft. However, eventually, we choose Oracle Cloud ERP.

SAP is very heavy and expensive, which is why we didn't choose it.

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer and an end-user of this solution.

As a cloud-based solution, we are always on the latest version.

I would recommend the solution to other users.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. If the pricing or interface were better, I would likely rate it a bit higher.

Oracle ERP Cloud
    September 2022
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Senior Solution Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    A core financial accounting system with good functionality
    • "The product has good functionality."
    • "We have had concerns about the security and flexibility of the application. The approach with Oracle ERP Cloud should be more holistic rather than user or computer-based."

What is our primary use case?

We are using a multi-tenanted cloud. ERP Cloud is a core financial accounting system. It is the backbone of all the financial reporting in our organization. We are moving more and more of our business that use legacy systems to Oracle.

What is most valuable?

The product has good functionality.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a self-service solution around receivables. This exists with payables, but not with receivables.

Oracle has a mechanism to vote for new ideas, solutions, and features that should be introduced, however, it is like a black box. Your vote goes in, but nothing ever comes out of it.

I have been using Oracle ERP Cloud for seven years.

Oracle ERP Cloud is stable. After the first month when we went live, each month's closing period has been smooth and exactly as expected.

To maintain the solution, we have 70 people. Some of these are shared resources and not full-time staffing for Oracle alone. We handle multiple platforms and have a lot of data that travels through multiple systems that land in Oracle. You need people to manage what data they have actually pushed into Oracle and what data they have pushed out of Oracle.

The solution is scalable. We are underutilizing this product at the moment, so scalability is not an issue. The core number of users for this application would be approximately 300 including end users, system administrators, makers and checkers, supervisors, and people who control the chain management as part of the configurations.

We have been using PeopleSoft. PeopleSoft was used for HCM and Core Financials. We have only migrated Core Financials to Oracle ERP Cloud.

Because of the size of our data footprint, the initial setup was complex.

Oracle Consulting assisted with providing solutions for certain designs in terms of architecture. The entire deployment, including moving from the previous solution and making all the configurations run smoothly, took two years.

The pricing for Oracle ERP Cloud is on par with other top solutions. We are primarily a user-centric model of the transactional model in terms of what people do enter. This is centralized, so licensing costs for a user are not a concern in our case.

We have a bundled five-year contract that includes technical support, and all features with no additional payment required.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10 overall.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
    General Manager - Software Solutions at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Well-structured, stable, with good performance and scalability
    • "The main component is Oracle Financial. It is one of the most comprehensive financial solutions available on the market."
    • "The initial setup can be somewhat complex."

What is most valuable?

The main component is Oracle Financial. It is one of the most comprehensive financial solutions available on the market.

It is a well-structured product.

It can meet any industry requirements.

It is very comprehensive.

What needs improvement?

Financial is an area that could have more in terms of crediting or descriptive that could be brought out because you are dealing with data and the financial details of the company.

I would like to see more applications and more insights that could be derived from the system, or delivered by the system, from the data which is fed into the ERP. It would be extremely good to have.

They already provide some level of insight. There is technology and incorporation of robotic process automation and artificial intelligence in these products.

I know that they are using Java technology, but if they could make the system more open, in terms of technology, then it would be an improvement. I would like for it to be integrated with other external systems and have it work seamlessly.

It is a very strong product, but if it could become a product that could be the backend ERP for any other vertical or domain-focused solution and it could provide easily integrable APIs and other related mechanisms by other systems, that would be something good. It would be similar to Oracle ERP being a plugin for other solutions at the backend.

I have been working with ERP Cloud for the last three to four years.

My overall exposure with Oracle ERP Financial, which is part of their previous on-premises product called E-Business Suite, has been more than 10 to 15 years.

Oracle ERP Cloud is a very stable product.

Since the offering is on the cloud, it is a scalable solution. It's on the Oracle infrastructure and integrates seamlessly.

The database is Oracle, the middleware is Oracle, the applications, ERP and the hardware is all Oracle. It's a completely seamless application of technology from the same vendor. Everything is engineered perfectly.

In terms of scalability and performance, it's really good.

The initial setup can be somewhat complex. You need knowledge or help from a consultant who understands the financial domain.

You would also need a technical consultant with the knowledge to do the configuration and whatever other backend work may be involved. If these sources are in place it is not complicated at all.

You need the help of a consultant for the configuration and backend.

The price of course could be cheaper. For an ERP Cloud, the pricing is relatively high.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend this solution to others. It's a very good ERP, financial product.

I would rate Oracle ERP Cloud a nine out of ten.

Head of IT managing at Brega Petroleum Marketing
    A stable solution that allows us to use full sets
    • "Oracle ERP Cloud is a stable solution."
    • "Technical support is good, however, sometimes we do need to wait for an answer."

What is our primary use case?

I am the ITC general manager with our company in Libya. I am responsible for all the ERP projects in our sector in the country. Four of our subsidiary companies have implemented Oracle ERP Cloud.

We are using a hybrid solution, using some Oracle solutions and using our own cloud service to host the server.

Maintenance of the solution requires a team because we also support our subsidiary.

What is most valuable?

We are using a hybrid solution so that we can use full sets.

What needs improvement?

Oracle ERP Cloud could improve the payment transfer. In Libya, the local pay is on the cloud, only there one can see the payroll, so it is very important for us to have a payroll model added.

Oracle ERP Cloud is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable enough for our needs.

Technical support is good, however, sometimes we do need to wait for an answer.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The solution's initial setup is straightforward.

Prior to Oracle ERP Cloud, we were using either SAS or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Moving to this new solution, we can unify the previous versions.

We have an annual license with Oracle, however, if we need additional features we do pay for them.

What other advice do I have?

In our situation, the solution needs to handle working with other countries. We need special features and that's why we have a payment agreement regarding the support and transfer.

I would rate Oracle ERP Cloud an eight out of ten.

Senior IT Manager at a venture capital & private equity firm with 51-200 employees
    The most valuable features are general ledger, accounting, expense management, and procurement.
    • "ERP Cloud's most valuable features are general ledger, accounting, expense management, and procurement. These four functions are crucial."
    • "The main thing Cloud ERP could improve is usability. However, it's not just an issue with Oracle. Most ERP solutions are not very user-friendly, so I think that could be the key improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use ERP Cloud for managing finances, HCM expenses, procurement, etc. It's a full enterprise resource solution. We're a smaller organization with about 150 employees and anyone who deals with finances, accounting, and expense management uses Oracle.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The main thing Cloud ERP could improve is usability. However, it's not just an issue with Oracle. Most ERP solutions are not very user-friendly, so I think that could be the key improvement.

I've been using Oracle ERP Cloud at this company for about nine months now.

Oracle ERP Cloud is stable.

Oracle ERP Cloud is highly scalable.

Oracle doesn't provide support directly. They have implementation partners. When we have a bug, support is highly responsive, but if it's a new feature, the response time depends on how many clients. It could take longer.

Oracle ERP Cloud is one of the most expensive solutions. I rate it three out of 10 for affordability.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle ERP Cloud nine out of 10. ERP Cloud is more suitable for larger enterprises, not small companies. Most of the organizations that have implemented it are in the services sector. But If your organization is big enough, the main thing is to keep it simple. If you make the system complicated, it becomes more expensive to maintain. Keep it as simple, but functional.

AppajiRao Gudivada - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Delivers business processes and the stability is great

What is our primary use case?

Oracle ERP Cloud is used for our financials. We have approximately 50 people using the solution in our organization.

What is most valuable?

Oracle ERP delivers business processes.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Oracle improve the automation of data entry.

In the next release, I would like more on the treasury side. Currently, there is nothing.

I have been using Oracle ERP Cloud for 20 years.

The stability of Oracle ERP is great.

Oracle ERP Cloud has the ability to scale. It can be used in a small organization or a very large one. There is no limit on scalability.

Technical support can be good, however, they are not able to provide a solution for the business process gaps.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of Oracle ERP is straightforward. I would rate the setup a four out of five.

Depending on how complex the environment is, it takes five to nine months to deploy.

The deployment was done in-house.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering using Oracle ERP Cloud is to avoid customization and implement the standard out-of-the-box processes that come with the product.

I would rate the product an eight out of ten.

Other
    Tech Practice Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Frequent updates, easy installation, and reliable
    • "I find the most valuable feature for the solution to be the company is always evolving by making the product better with continual updates."
    • "The solution's new analytics information, dashboard, and flexibility of reporting could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We used the solution for enterprise resource management to handle financial accounting information.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped us integrate all of our data from the company and this has given us a direction where to make improvements. From actioning this information we have been able to increase the performance of our teams.

What is most valuable?

I find the most valuable feature for the solution to be the company is always evolving by making the product better with continual updates.

What needs improvement?

The solution's new analytics information, dashboard, and flexibility of reporting could be improved.

I have used the solution for approximately eight years.

The solution is stable in my experience.

The solution is scalable.

I have noticed over the last 10 years Oracle's quality of technical support has decreased.

The installation was easy. However, it is standard for most ERPs to take a while for the implementation, and for us it took months.

The solution is expensive and there are some services that are extra costs.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle ERP Cloud a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementor
    Download our free Oracle ERP Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022