Oracle Content Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Oracle Content Management?

Oracle Content and Experience Cloud is a cloud-based content hub to drive omni-channel content management and accelerate experience delivery.

Oracle Content Management was previously known as Oracle Document and Process Cloud, Oracle Content and Experience Cloud.

Oracle Content Management Customers
TekStream Solutions LLC, NetCompany, AFG, Pride Mobility, TEAM Informatics Pty Ltd., Sutton Tools, Mythics, Inc., DVLA
Oracle Content Management Video

Archived Oracle Content Management Reviews (more than two years old)

Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Its agility allows us to dynamically size it to meet our needs.

What is most valuable?

I think there are two most valuable features. First, there's the speed with which it's able to get up and running a pretty complex application. Second is its agility in that we're able to dynamically size it to meet our needs.

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to mix the platform as a service offering, combining Document Cloud with the BPM, and use that as a seamless application for a new process-flow engine.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see faster turnaround for provisioning new services. When you get a new cloud account, that takes a long time and then provisioning services also takes a long time. While Oracle seems to have more stability than some of the competing technologies, and definitely better performance, that provisioning process is really slow compared to some of its competitors.

About a year now in production

Enterprise Content Management
October 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: October 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We just implemented a pretty big project using a combination of Process Cloud and Document Cloud. We didn't have any issues with that deployment.

We've had no issues with stability at all. It's not been an issue. We haven't had any downtime. It's not like we're running on the Amazon Cloud where you have to worry about major outages. In this respect, it's much more stable than AWS.

We had no issues scaling it.

Great, no issues there

There's been minimal need, really. That's been one of the nice things. We really haven't had to open up support tickets because of problems with provisioning or anything like that. There's been minimal need to actually contact support.

We had problems with some of the internal workload within our consulting group. We looked at it, did an analysis, and decided that it was really costing us a lot of money. We were looking for solutions to solve the problem quickly and inexpensively. That's when we started looking at Process Cloud. That really solved our particular problem, but it was also the integration ability behind it that sold us.

I was involved with the beta. We did an internal beta then we did a production build. It was pretty straightforward, building the services, provisioning the databases, and setting up Process Cloud.

It's been very good, by helping to reduce the complexity of one of our internal processes, it paid for it self quickly.

We looked at other cloud solutions and the decision was made with what Oracle had because it's not just infrastructure-as-a-service, where if you go to the other cloud providers, you just get a small piece of it. Rather, it was more of a full-service component. You have a lot of applicable technology there ready to use. We didn't have to reinvent the wheel or build it all from scratch.

What other advice do I have?

Take a serious look at it. There are competitors out there, but there's a lot that Oracle Cloud offers outside of giving you just a basic database or basic infrastructure-as-a-service that add a lot of value to it. You have a lot of software-as-a-service applications. You have a lot of technologies that you can easily glue together and build applications fairly quickly without having to build everything from scratch. I think that's a key value of Oracle Cloud versus the competitors.

Disclosure: PeerSpot contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners.
Download our free Enterprise Content Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: October 2022