Integration Architect at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Easy to install, helpful technical support, and has good documentation
  • "The ability to define multi-tiered APIs and reuse them is a fantastic platform feature."
  • "Code quality, Code Security, SaaS, and DaaS security, can all be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use the Mule Anypoint Platform for API management and integration.

What is most valuable?

I am not an end-user of the platform because I'm an architect, and we simply evaluated and deployed it for the business to use. I am not able to provide platform usage analytics.

What needs improvement?

Code quality, Code Security, SaaS, and DaaS security, can all be improved.

We recently onboarded and we went live only in the month of February. We are still new to the platform.

We have been working with the Mule Anypoint Platform for just three months.

So far it has been good. We are still evolving for broader usage of the platform.

Mule Anypoint Platform
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Mule Anypoint Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Mule Anypoint Platform is a stable product.

We haven't gotten to that layer yet, but I believe it is scalable, based on the description that we have.

It's a new platform, a new setup in Azure, and I don't believe that we have yet met the scalability criteria. We are still attempting to consume the platform's threshold, which we have acquired.

Mule Anypoint Platform is not being used by a single department. It is being used by the entire organization.

Technical support is both helpful and supportive.

We used DevOps to deploy. We have set up the pipelines on Azure.

I haven't deployed any directly, but deployments can be done within minutes.

It is easy to set up. We have excellent documentation on the deployment and configuration steps.

I am not aware of the cost. It is completely managed by the vendor management team.

What other advice do I have?

They should be knowledgeable about their industry. They should leverage the platform's use cases and try to deploy it only when it is required.

I am a client of this product.

I would rate Mule Anypoint Platform an eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Director of Innovation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good technical support with good stability and scalability
  • "We are very satisfied with the DevOps support."
  • "The solution is very expensive. They need to work on the pricing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the interconnection of applications in our microservices architecture.

What is most valuable?

We are very satisfied with the DevOps support.

Technically speaking, the solution is quite good overall.

The initial setup isn't too difficult.

The stability of the solution is good.

We've found the scalability to be good.

Technical support is great.

What needs improvement?

The solution is very expensive. They need to work on the pricing.

Technical information is not always easy to find. They should work to make it more accessible.

I've been using the solution for one and a half years at this point. It hasn't been that long.

The solution has proven to be quite stable so far. there are no bugs or glitches that I have experienced and the solution does not crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with ease.

Typically, this solution works best with larger organizations.

We've found the technical support to be very good. They are helpful and responsive. We've been satisfied in general.

Before this product, we used webMethods. We switch solutions due to a customer requirement.

The solution has an average amount of complexity. It's largely straightforward. A company shouldn't have too much trouble with the implementation process.

The pricing is pretty high.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been very happy with the product's capabilities so far.

Hybrid Cloud
Mule Anypoint Platform
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Content strategist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Works well with Salesforce and CRMs, scales well, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we have been working with a couple of people that use this platform It is used for API integrations. It helps to integrate systems together, working towards modernizing your IT, and putting systems into the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Mule works very well with Salesforce and CRMs.

What needs improvement?

Better documentation, in particular with respect to the initial setup, would be helpful.

I have been using the Mule Anypoint Platform for more than a year.

This is absolutely a stable product. It is going to stay for a long time.

Mule is very scalable, and it is one of the prime reasons we use it. It makes for better integration when you are scaling up.

We have been getting good support from the team at MuleSoft.

The installation requires some expertise and your resources need to be certified. It is not a typical solution, so you need to have some knowledge.

We are a consulting group and deploy and maintain this solution for our clients.

There are several of us and the company founder and CEO is a techie, so this is his line of business.

The license fees are a little bit expensive but you get a lot out of it. Mule is not the cheapest integration platform out there, but it deserves the price we are paying.

Private Cloud
Rohit Sircar - PeerSpot reviewer
Integration Solutions Lead | Digital Core Transformation Service Line at Hexaware Technologies Limited
Perfect customer service, consistent stability, and definite return on investment
  • "The most valuable feature is their integrations and very good API management."
  • "I would like to see some data integration and automation."

How has it helped my organization?

The most important thing that I have seen is it has removed the data silos because of the three-tier architecture that Mule Anypoint Platform follows.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is their integrations and very good API management.

What needs improvement?

I think in the next release if they could work with the low-code platform that developers are struggling with that would be helpful. I would like to see some data integration and automation.

I have been using Mule Anypoint Platform for the past five years.

The current stability is excellent.

There is scalability but not automatic scalability. We have about one hundred and fifty individuals using the solution. We do plan to increase our current usage.

Technical support is fantastic.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We migrated from TIBCO.

I would say the initial setup is somewhere between straightforward and complex.

We did our implementation in-house.

There is no question at all that there is a return on investment.

We checked Boomi but found that Mule Anypoint Platform was better.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Mule Anypoint Platform a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Principal Consultant at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Offers very good performance and security; easy to develop APIs
  • "It's easy to develop APIs."
  • "This becomes an expensive solution over time."

What is our primary use case?

We use the infrastructure of the Mule Anypoint Platform to host our application and services on Amazon. We are end-users and I'm a technical delivery manager.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of developing APIs. It's very, very easy and very fast. Anypoint offers good performance and security.

What needs improvement?

The pricing should be improved, it's an expensive product.

I've been using this solution for six years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is good but again, you need to be aware that if you want to scale up your APIs, it requires spending more.

We're not so happy with the technical support, it could definitely be improved.

Generally, deployment of one API wouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. We use CICD DevOps for our deployment strategy and it's carried out in-house. We use this product continuously and extensively.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to be aware of the cost implications of using this solution. Unless you know the extent to which you are going to use MuleSoft, you'll begin with a handful of APIs that need to be developed and then you'll start implementing more and more until you realize it's become quite expensive.

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Padmaraj-Bharathan - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Director | Oracle PAAS & Middleware at Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
Flexible, reliable, and has the potential to expand
  • "The flexibility has been great overall."
  • "We would like an entire DevOps in place in this particular solution."

What is our primary use case?

It's kind of a hybrid integration. We are trying to connect some of the paths to tie SaaS and on-premise applications together.

How has it helped my organization?

It's basically leveraging the CSP's native IM, which is great.

The stability is good.

It's highly scalable.

The flexibility has been great overall.

What is most valuable?

We would like an entire DevOps in place in this particular solution. Which would help us in terms of automation.

I've been using the solution for one and a half years.

We have found the solution to be quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

I would describe the solution as very scalable. If a company needs to expand the product out, it can do so.

As integrators, we can set up the solution for our clients.

We didn't look at other options at the time as the customer wanted this particular solution. We didn't do any comparison shopping.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner and a systems integrator.

I would advise potential new users to look at the service and target destination, where there is an expectation of automation.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten based on its overall scalability and flexibility. We're quite happy with it so far.

NIyas Ahamed - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Technology Officer Executive at CloudQ
Constantly improving and highly scalable solution with a good interface
  • "The initial setup is quite easy because the solution has a good interface through which the configuration, mapping, and so on can be done."
  • "Adding connectors for new upcoming applications would add extra value to this product."

What is our primary use case?

My main use of this solution is for integration of different applications.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for the last six or seven years.

This product is highly scalable because it's all purely cloud-based.

I'm pretty satisfied with the technical support - there are delays sometimes, but whenever they give a solution, it's good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is quite easy because the solution has a good interface through which the configuration, mapping, and so on can be done. The initial DevOps setting up takes some time, but once that's done, it's easily manageable.

We use an in-house team for implementation.

What other advice do I have?

MuleSoft improves this product with every release, and since we're in a country that receives quarterly releases, any issues or improvements have usually already been dealt with. Any company that wants to implement this solution needs to have at least minimum enterprise-level applications to be integrated - only then can they make maximum use of their software. I would give this solution a rating of nine out of ten.

IT Director - Data and Analytics at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
A pretty good product that can be used from a small project to a large project

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. We were using it to build a middleware layer to connect a lot of systems together. Oracle and Salesforce were the two primary systems that were being done. We were building it out so that we could hook in any of the ERP systems that we had at that company. So, the use case was to be able to connect systems and do process integration across multiple ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

Overall, it is a pretty good product. It is also very scalable.

What needs improvement?

Its documentation needed a little bit of work to make it more usable. It is a platform that is used mainly by developers and other people for connecting systems. Its documentation was confusing in some areas and was not very helpful in other areas. I had to go to a consultant to get some work done, which ideally shouldn't be required.

It is very scalable. It can be used from a small project to a large project.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Mule Anypoint Platform an eight out of ten.

Download our free Mule Anypoint Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022