We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Microsoft Azure Block Storage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Azure Block Storage is #9 ranked solution in top Public Cloud Storage Services. PeerSpot users give Microsoft Azure Block Storage an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Azure Block Storage is most commonly compared to Amazon EBS (Elastic Block Store): Microsoft Azure Block Storage vs Amazon EBS (Elastic Block Store). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Microsoft Azure Block Storage?

Massively scalable cloud storage for your applications

Store and help protect your data. Get durable, highly available data storage across the globe and pay only for what you use.

Microsoft Azure Block Storage was previously known as MS Azure Block Storage.

Microsoft Azure Block Storage Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Azure Block Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Microsoft Azure Block Storage Customers

Mazda, BlinkBox, Rakuten Showtime, Xbox One, Serko, ChronoDrive

Microsoft Azure Block Storage Video

Archived Microsoft Azure Block Storage Reviews (more than two years old)

Product Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Has a good infrastructure and offers an easy way to provide workloads
  • "One can easily scale with this program."
  • "Some big customers have experienced some problems with the stability of the Azure cloud."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers basically use this program for virtual data center extension, as a hybrid extension of their local or on-prem or private data center. It offers them an automated way of running new workloads or creating new workloads with governance on it.

What is most valuable?

The reason why people choose this solution is that it has a good infrastructure. It also offers an easy way to provide workloads. We mainly use this solution for the development, testing, and production of our data and infrastructure in a standardized way. I also like the fact that the deployment is fast.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the networking and cost transparency part. What I mean by this, is that we provide certain workflows for our customers and we usually calculate what is local, but even then it's not really upfront. We must know what the usage will be in DMs. So the price is different, and that is where provisioning and cost transparency comes in. We must know what it will cost in the OPEX work that we do. We do have some cost analysis, overdose cloud, but still, it's not always the right amount that's reflected for our customers for each application or each analysis that they want to do. The invoice type is therefore different for each client.

The company I work for has been using Microsoft Azure Block Storage for two to three years and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Most customers are happy with the stability. Some bigger customers, however, have experienced problems with the stability of the Azure cloud.

One can easily scale with this program so I am satisfied with the scalability.

I haven't used customer service before.

Our setup is rather complex. It is easier for our customers - they simply get the tenants in our products and within the tenants, we just plug in all the drivers on-prem and then he gets a complete insight of the overall workload.

I am, however, not involved in the installation. Another difficult thing is to create a good architecture that's strong on networking and that will enable customers to deploy or provide all those different environments in an easy way. So the thinking is critical, and architecture is very important, which is kind of complex.

Deployment takes between two to five days, depending on the customer and the speed on the cloud.

We have a power desk with three people who are responsible for support and maintenance, customer queries, etc.

The solution is affordable and we only pay for what we use. There are additional costs for backup and disaster management and we use separate products as service providers.

What other advice do I have?

I personally feel that this is a good program. My advice to others is that they should determine beforehand what they want to use it for. The biggest lesson I've learned so far is that, if you go to the backup part, you have to be careful about how you do the backups and what the retention times are.

I would like to see improved file sharing and better security in the next release.

On a scale from one to ten, I will rate this program an eight.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
SaroFranchina
Information Systems Manager at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Good scaling and very good management features but very expensive

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup and replication.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable features are its usability, scalability, and management, which is really easy. It is not a heavy product either.

What needs improvement?

The biggest problem with Azure is the price. It's cost too high. Technical support needs improvement.

I've been using the solution since 2014.

The scalability of the solution is good.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup and replication.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The biggest problem with Azure is the price. It's cost too high.

Technical support needs improvement.

I've been using the solution since 2014.

The scalability of the solution is good.

Technical support is not really excellent. It's not easy to speak with the right level of engineer directly. We need to wait for a first level and then wait again to be moved to a higher level. The tiered system they use slows down the responsiveness.

Above licensing, Azure does have extra costs, which makes the solution rather pricey.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Block Storage Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Quick Links