IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Micro Focus Network Node Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Network Node Manager is #7 ranked solution in top Network Management Applications. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Network Node Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. Micro Focus Network Node Manager is most commonly compared to SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager: Micro Focus Network Node Manager vs SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager. Micro Focus Network Node Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Micro Focus Network Node Manager?
Network Node Manager is network management software that unifies fault, availability, and performance monitoring to helps you improve network uptime and performance, and increase responsiveness to business needs.

Micro Focus Network Node Manager was previously known as Network Node Manager, HPE Network Node Manager.

Micro Focus Network Node Manager Customers
T-Mobile, Retegal, Sentara Healthcare
Micro Focus Network Node Manager Video

Archived Micro Focus Network Node Manager Reviews (more than two years old)

Muhammad-Bilal - PeerSpot reviewer
Integration Consultant at Multilynx
Mature product but some basic requirements are missing
  • "If you install one node on Network Node Manager and want to scale it up, it's pretty easy to create more nodes."
  • "The way the solution currently works means I'm not able to customize my own reports."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and deploy in multiple locations such as banks and commercial organizations which have larger networks with 200 and sometimes 2,000 or 3,000 devices. Some of our customers have network teams of 25 to 30 but most have less than that, usually anywhere between five to 20 people. Most are IT admins, IT managers and workers in IT departments.

What needs improvement?

The network phase in the product could be improved. Other tools such as SolarWinds have real-time bandwidth, and they can calculate bandwidth in MBs, which means something. But Micro Focus Network Node Manager always watches bandwidth. With Micro Focus, bandwidth utilization networks always show in bytes. It makes it difficult for the end-user to calculate. Micro Focus needs to offer customized dashboards. The reporting is very complex. It's not simple.As a network person, I want to see the top end network devices, who is using maximum bandwidth or who is using maximum MB. It only requires a very simple graphic, a simple dashboard that I have customized myself. I would prefer to deploy SolarWinds or PRTG.Unfortunately, our company only deploys Micro Focus.  Additional features that could be included would be customizing some simple features like dashboard support. They also need to upgrade their level of support and focus on their customers. That's what's important.

We've been using the product for seven or eight years.

The solution is very stable. Once it's configured properly, stability and maintenance are stable and there are no issues with performance.
Network Management Applications
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Broadcom and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: June 2022.
610,336 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I'm very satisfied with the scalability because for scalability purposes we don't need to buy multiple hardware. If you install one node on Network Node Manager and want to scale it up, it's pretty easy to create more nodes.

We are very dissatisfied with the technical support. We have multiple demands and even the engineers are not satisfied. It used to be better but recently it's been a problem. I think they focus mainly on network calls. They're not always available due to the different time zones of different customers. It can take a few hours to resolve issues. As a result, I assume that in the coming years, Micro Focus will have less share of the market. Technical support should be improved.

Initial setup is complex so it's better to install with the help of integrators or consultants. We are working on Microsoft Windows and also in Linux. On Windows, it's very simple, you just press control P and you can print out your devices. But on the Linux, it's quite tough.

What other advice do I have?

Micro Focus is a very mature product but some basic requirements are missing and there are services that they don't offer. For example, I'm an end-user. The way the solution currently works means I'm not able to customize my own reports. I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Prem Raj - PeerSpot reviewer
Pre- Sales Solution Architect (ITOM and Enterprise Systems) at alpha
MSP
Has the ability to carry out customized polling for certain parameters, so that is an add-on to enable a customer to utilize it efficiently
  • "You can utilize the main file from various vendors for integration."
  • "The resources utilized could be a bit higher, and that is one of the challenges that isn't optimized"

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for network monitoring, switches, routers, firewalls, all kinds of network equipment you can utilize for monitoring. It allows for multiple integrations for SNP purposes. There are many different use cases for the utilization of the product.

I'm an IT architect and technical consultant and we partner with Micro Focus. I've dealt with over 1,000 customers who use the product and each organization has multiple customers and multiple users across multiple regions, in the Middle East, India, and other countries. The product is used mainly by IT managers and IT admins.

It's quite a robust tool for network monitoring solutions. It has gradually evolved over time from a long initial stage to now where it's a very high scale product. It's good for the small tier enterprise role of infrastructure and handling, it's capable of handling multiple nodes and has global architecture - it's quite a good product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can utilize the main file from various vendors for integration. In addition, you can carry out customized polling for certain parameters, so that is an add-on to enable a customer to utilize it efficiently.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, I would say that the resources utilized could be a bit higher, and that is one of the challenges that isn't optimized to my expectations.

For additional features that could be included, I have nothing to suggest for now. Things are going well. It's really a classic model. If it's moved over to cloud then it could definitely become a living giant in the market.

I've been working on this platform for more than nine years.

The product is quite stable. There were some initial issues with that aspect. It was taken care of by the respective OAM which took some time but is now much better.

The product is scalable and can be pre-defined during deployment. It can also be scaled and enhanced later. If you take precautions and take into consideration what your needs will be in two or three years, the setups can be predefined and save you time. It could be done later but there would be an additional cost.

I have a lot of experience with technical support, both directly and indirectly. I have premium support with the company so I've been in touch with everyone and know them. Premium support is quite good. You get all the support you need immediately, but if you rely on standard support it's not as efficient and it can take time. It can be a cumbersome process. It's worthwhile to take the premium support.

I've previously used other in-house tools as well as some managing engines, but none of them are as efficient as the Micro Focus products. The company was formerly owned by HP and it now has a network with Micro Focus. Of course, HP is a very well-known brand across the globe and that increases the trust factor for the customer.

The initial setup is not straightforward. Deployment demands a certain amount of expertise and requires a consultant or someone with hands-on experience to deploy the product. It can be deployed as a stand-alone, or as part of a global network management setup. Assistance from consultants or integrators is needed.

What other advice do I have?

It's important for the customer to understand his own requirements so that he can make the right decision because this network node manager has multiple components. Whether it's network monitoring, reporting, IP telephoning, or MPLS VPN. There are a lot of extensive packs available. The customer also needs to think about their requirements based on the product extension packs and how they would be deployed. These are things that need to be taken into consideration.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Network Management Applications
June 2022
610,336 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user746679 - PeerSpot reviewer
Seniorkonsulent Nettverksstøtte at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
internal causal engine keeps us updated on critical errors in our network environment
  • "Most valuable function would have to the internal causal engine and its root cause analyzer which keep us updated on critical errors and incidents in our network environment."
  • "Reporting. Even though this is available in separate software (iSPI) there is potential in making the reporting more SLA-aware and more intuitive."

How has it helped my organization?

Our NOC is heavily using and dependent on the product for quick action and troubleshooting network issues.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable function would have to the internal causal engine and its root cause analyzer which keep us updated on critical errors and incidents in our network environment. Secondly, the multi-vendor capability (we have approx 150 different device types from some 10 vendors).

What needs improvement?

My organization has been using it since v6.x, but I was not involved until v8.x in 2008.

First line of support can be time consuming to collaborate with. Sadly, this got worse when HPE outsourced their support. When cases are elevated, the support and problem solving is usually sped up and excellently handled and resolved.

Easy install, but configuration of various aspects demands continuous focus and knowledge of the product.

No, it was already chosen when I started at my current employer.

What other advice do I have?

Initially, keeping the default settings is wise. Get familiar with and become knowledgeable in the product before getting into advanced tweaking.

PankajSoni - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
It is very stable which provides quick RCA for any network faults

What is most valuable?

Real time network monitoring application: It is very stable, which provides quick root cause analysis (RCA) for any network faults.

What needs improvement?

Only to improve the GUI.

I am working on couple of products in NMS/EMS Technology. Below are the products name: Micro Focus Network Node Manager NNMi (9.2x, 10.10 and above).

Only HPE/IBM/BMC and SolarWinds tools are very stable.

No issues in tools.

Not good compared to IBM or Zenoss support.

It is fully depends on costing, customer, and architect.

It was straightforward.

I evaluated this product this product before I chose it.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing, clear all the customer requirements, then choose products accordingly.

it_user671304 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Scalability is actually one of the reasons why we picked this.
  • "It gives us a good overview of what's happening in our networks and the devices in the networks."
  • "As the technologies evolve, also these solutions or the monitoring tools should evolve to cover the progress in technology, including capabilities related to monitoring of virtualized devices today, as the DNS is on the table in this way."

What is most valuable?

It gives us a good overview of what's happening in our networks and the devices in the networks. And it allows us to act very quickly when some problem is detected.

How has it helped my organization?

When some metric device has some issue, for example there is some server connected that hosts some application, and that application might be a web portal or internet banking customer we are providing services for, when this device is down service is not available to the customers of our customers.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with it for nine years.

In my experience it's very stable. We haven’t had any problems so far, such as unexpected breaks or a server going down. So, in this sense, I would say that it is very, very stable.

Scalability is actually one of the reasons why we picked Node Manager. With one instance you can monitor from a couple of hundreds up to several thousands of devices. So it's very good.

We have Premier support from HPE. We are very, very satisfied with support because we have one dedicated resource in support, so he knows our environment. Every time we have some minor issue we don't need to explain what version of the software are we running, how our environment looks like and so on, because he knows this already.

When I started to work for the company, it was already implemented. But nine years ago when we started, we had 3 Network Node Manager servers and right now we have 19. So, over time, I have definitely been involved in implementing the solution. It is very very straightforward. You just deploy the installation package; it's not an issue.

We evaluate other solutions on do it in regular basis. Basically, we check the markets to see what’s there. We have HPE now and we use test cases to check the market; is any new solution available and, based on those test cases, HPE wins or HPE does not. So far it's winning.

Last year we evaluated SevOne. It wasn't so bad and it provided similar features like Network Node Manager. But that additional value was not high enough. So we are eager to implement it because implementation is a big job and it can take month to do. If we saw that it was really, in some way, much better than Network Node Manager and it was worthy to implement it, we would have done so.

it_user671307 - PeerSpot reviewer
Snr System Specialist at Tieto finland
MSP
It gives us an overview of the network and allows us to see what happened in the past.

What is most valuable?

It gives us an overview of the network. How is it performing? Are there some problems? It allows us to see what happened in the past.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to solve our network problems and it helps us to solve customer problems to whom we are providing IT services. I would say that it self-tested, the time it took us to repair those problems.

I have been using this solution for twenty-four years.

I has been stable for 24 years.

It provides very good scalability from 200 nodes to 30,000 nodes and from 2,500 interfaces to 60,000 interfaces.

We have excellent support. We have a nominated a person from HPE who always takes our cases. He knows our environment so we don't have time to explain every time what kind of environment we have. What software versions and patch levels we use. We can skip that and go right to the case.

When selecting a vendor, I look for reliability and support.

Upgrades are straightforward. The are instructions on how to install it and there is notes tell what is new and what has been fixed. It is quite easy to work with it.

it_user671343 - PeerSpot reviewer
Support Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Actually it makes our life a lot easier in identifying if you've got problematic areas.

What is most valuable?

We mainly use it for monitoring notes, and if you've got outages and stuff like that.

How has it helped my organization?

So actually it makes our life a lot easier in identifying if you've got problematic areas.

What needs improvement?

That is a little bit difficult for me because I haven't been personally dealing with the software directly, so the subcontractor has been the face in informing us what the product is capable of. Hence we came to the sessions now in order for us to have first-hand information on what all these products are capable of.

I've been using it, let's say for four years.

So far it has been stable for us, although we might be using an old product. So we haven't really been upgrading and getting to the latest and greatest versions.

I can't really comment about scalability. Our company is a little bit stable, in the sense that the company hasn't grown much. We don't necessarily have too much control over what we can do because most things are regulated from outside the company. So getting to do new things is a little bit of a challenge for us.

We fortunately work with a subcontractor that is dealing with HP. So there's a middle-man to talk to in case we run into problems.

I wouldn't say I know about the setup because most of the work was done by the subcontractors.

What other advice do I have?

We base our decision of vendor really around the support issue. It's really about stability of the product you have, and your escalation levels should also be playing a role, because if you run into problems, you need to know who your friend is.

it_user671325 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Director at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We are using it for network discovery and troubleshooting enforced management.
  • "Topology creation is the most valuable feature."
  • "The deployment architecture and installation part needs improvement."

What is most valuable?

Topology creation is the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using it for network discovery and troubleshooting enforced management. We are expanding it to cover the performance and the traffic part as well.

What needs improvement?

The deployment architecture and installation part needs improvement. In regards to the voice monitoring piece, there is a lot of scope for improvement. Voice monitoring/end-to-end voice monitoring, whether in a voice over IP(VoIP) or a voice over PSTN, if I'm making a call, it should be monitored irrespective of the path/carrier that I am passing through.

As of now, we are running on a single machine that is a VM Windows-based VM, so that is not quite stable. It frequently goes down and we have a lot of issues with that. However, we are now upgrading it to a distributed environment based on the Linux operating system. I'm hoping that it should be stable.

We are a quite large organization. we have more than 120,000 employees. In terms of the scalability, we have experienced no issues. As an organization, we consist of more than 120,000 people. The end users of NNMi are less, i.e., probably around 50 – 60 end users. The network operations team is the end-user for the NNMi and we still have had no issues with the scalability.

I was not part of the previous installation, but for the current one that we are deploying, I was involved in the setup process.

The setup was complex and needs a medium kind of knowledge. The documentation is also not very good, i.e., a lot of things that are not written in the document are surprises. The installation is definitely not easy. It is a complex one and it would be much easier if the product was redesigned in that way.

We are considering both NetBrain and Nectar Services, for a couple of the features that NNMi does not have.

What other advice do I have?

You should interact more with the customers and listen to your voice.

Try to make the product better from the usability perspective.

it_user567834 - PeerSpot reviewer
Team Leader Data Center Services at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
One controller gets all information to a single point. We need to wait a long time to get a solution for a ticket.

What is most valuable?

The most important benefit is to have one controller and to get all information to a single point. This is easier than looking at different points to see where messages and tickets are coming from.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes our work easier.

What needs improvement?

I think the technical support should be improved.

There is not a lot of downtime. It's OK.

We have had no problems with scalability for our infrastructure and our dimensions.

Sometimes technical support is not so amazing. We need to wait a long time to get a solution for a ticket. And often they repeat the same questions. You open the ticket, and you get questions back that you already answered in the ticket. So it's often a long wait and not so easy to get the right people. Offices tend to get inferior support.

I was not involved in the initial setup. We have used HPE software since about 1995. Sometimes it has been good, but at times it was very terrible. In the last year or so, there has been improvement and I think it's come a long way, but it’s not on the mark yet.

What other advice do I have?

I think you should take a look at it. If it fits your needs, then it's OK. But it's not the only solution. There are other alternatives.

When choosing a vendor, the solution has to be a benefit to our companies. It must be a complete package. The best software turns out to be not the best thing if technical support is not good or there are other issues; then go with something else.

it_user567819 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr Solution Architect/OSS at Etisalat
We can provide external customers with the ability to monitor their devices. There are scalability and performance issues.

What is most valuable?

It is a good network monitoring, enterprise solution. It is a meta-monitoring solution with good visualization.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is that we are able to use some features and we can provide external customers with the ability to monitor their devices.

It has improved our workflow, which is now easier with the solution. However, it's not an enterprise scalable solution. We are serving over 500 managed customers and 10 to 50 customers are being added every month. There are limitations to the number of tenants and groups we can add.

What needs improvement?

The network monitoring side is pretty good, but the performance side is poor. I would like to see this improved in the next version. HPE has Vertica now. I am expecting to see in Vertica what I didn't see in Version 10.0 of this solution. I now have to wait until version 11. It's hindering us so much because we cannot give it directly to customer because after a number of connections, the systems goes down within one minute. After 10 people log on at the same time, the system stops. Generating a report can take from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Due to scalability issues, we have implemented another solution to take the data out from one database and put it in another one This is a big limitation.

We have been using this solution since 2002. We had Versions 6, 7.5 and upgraded to 8 and 9. We are now planning to upgrade to Version 10.

From the network management side, scalability is good. From a performance side, it is very bad. It doesn't support the building of a Sybase database. It has limitations on the number of connections. It is limiting because it slows down after only 30 connections. Even the HPE lab personnel came to our site and they agreed that the solution cannot support all of these connections. We have implemented another solution to take the data out from that database and put it in another one. This is a big limitation.

We have to give a lot of feedback to level 1 support so they can understand what the problem is. Our requests then go to the lab. Getting to the lab is very difficult. As enterprise customers, our requests should go directly to the lab.

The managed services side is moving to IBM and the IT side will remain with HPE. This was a management decision. There are limitations on the number of connections and on device support. New devices have to be released by HPE. You cannot connect to it directly because it doesn't integrate with all of the applications. That cancels performance.

What other advice do I have?

I have no advice unless HPE comes up with the new version of Vertica. They are moving to HPE Vertica 8, I think, for the next release. I'm expecting some improvements with Vertica, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

it_user567804 - PeerSpot reviewer
General Manager Strategic Programs at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It simplifies transactions when adopting cloud technologies.

What is most valuable?

The HPE suite is amazingly beautiful, has a fantastic user experience, and provides a high amount of simplification across transactions when adopting cloud technologies significantly.

How has it helped my organization?

NNMi is super robust and seamlessly connects everything across applications, infrastructure, server, storage, and networks. We wanted to connect the dots together.

We have implemented not just NNMi, but the entire HPE suite. The trigger to do this was the digital transformation that we are undertaking at my company, which was really fueled by the desire to give a completely different digital experience to our employees.

We started out with adopting the cloud. We started out with an Office 365 migration a couple of years back. We did it in record time. We migrated 125,000 plus mailboxes in 18 weeks. We looked at a case study on the Microsoft website, and once we liked that, and IT liked it too, our users loved it. And users love Yammer, because that's their way of going ahead and chattering about with everybody else.

Then we said, “Why not get everything else on the cloud too, rather than being on premises”? We also had a lot of end-of-life infrastructure and we said, “Okay, we've got to go significantly into the public cloud”.

We're very heavy in Microsoft Azure and in about nine months we've migrated our entire enterprise application landscape onto the public cloud. We're talking about close to 200 applications outside of SAP itself, which we upgraded to SAP HANA. Everything else is in the cloud. We have a true hybrid infrastructure out there. We're also on AWS, of course. We have our trouble-ticketing system on AWS, so if Azure goes down, we've got something else up and running. And of course, we use it for disaster recovery.

NNMi has proved to be certainly better in a) giving us slightly better capabilities to switch to alternatives when incidents do happen, and b) being able to optimize our costs on the infrastructure monitoring side. Now we have the ability to monitor all of these networks globally from a single tool.

What needs improvement?

I want to have some of those nicer features for when networks go flapping. I want to receive alerts before problems occur rather than when it actually goes down. We need to have our service providers working very closely with us, which will not necessarily happen. We still have submarine cables getting cut which would completely leave us blacked out. But, those are not necessarily problems that happen very often.

Our first deployment started out earlier this year. We've been kind of up and about with NNMi probably a little more than a complete quarter. That's about the duration that we've had it operational.

This transformation has meant, and it continues to be, a lot of change management and adoption by IT with getting them used to this paradigm change and these new tools coming in. But I think there is a lot more recognition of the fact that automation is going to transform their lives and that this is something for the better. I think that's been something which has been really positive and that's the stuff that I'm really working with.

I'm not the super techie person. I run transformation programs. My responsibility and charter is really to make sure that wherever we're running digital transformation, make sure that we take our employees, as well as our IT group, along so that they're not hit by something big. We take them along through this entire change out there.

Stability has been pretty good. But like I said, it's been up and running about a quarter now. I know there are a lot of other enterprises that have had it for years and years and have it running for very long and are doing extremely well.

I'm guessing that it will be the same for us, too. I do know that it's really kind of “best in breed” as a solution, so I'm not expecting any stability issues coming out of there.

I think we shouldn't necessarily confuse usability, per se, with robustness or scale. That's something NNMi definitely goes ahead and gives us. I've heard it's really scalable. NNMi has been there, done that, for so long with very large, very complex enterprises at the kind of scale that we're talking about. I think I'm okay with usability.

Technical support is good, I guess. We are not having trouble so far. But when we did want to get help or support, we got it.

We used to have CA Spectrum and Wiley. During our transformation, we decided we needed something super robust to be able to seamlessly connect everything across applications, infrastructure, server, storage, and networks. We wanted to connect the dots together. That's what triggered us to go with HPE. I think it's doing pretty well.

I was not involved in the initial setup. The decision to replace our previous solutions with HPE and NNMi was not taken by me. It was taken before I came to my current company.

I think there is a steeper learning curve compared to a lot of other new age products. A lot of the new age products which have been built in the last couple of years or so, are very, very intuitive. They are built with so called, "design thinking"; what people really, really talk about. That's not necessarily true of some of the older products that are out there.

What other advice do I have?

I work with big vendors like HPE as well as start-ups, especially now that we're on our hybrid journey. I'm using them to do backups for me on the cloud; both end-user computing backups, as well as server backups. Azure backup doesn't seem to work out for me.

I think what I would really be looking at in a vendor is does the vendor vision really synchronize very well with my vision of where I want to be? What is it that I'm looking for when want something to be provided to my end customers who are our 170,000 employees out there?

I have a vision. I have a roadmap. I have quarterly deadlines to say, "This is what I'm going to be doing and can a vendor really support me to do that?" I'm okay if they don't have some features, because I don't think everybody's figured out everything yet. As long as I know that: a) they really are gung-ho about the vision that I have and they're completely in line with that vision, and b) they have the capabilities to be able to solve some of those niggling problems which will definitely pop up when we're going to go through a transformation program of this kind of scale. Then I'm okay with them.

William Linn - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise System Management at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

Effectively monitor networks physical and virtual devices. SPI's that provide functional reports and metrics. Integrates with other tools and products to give oversight of networks and systems.

How has it helped my organization?

Miss very few events. Rich reporting features.

What needs improvement?

A little better documentation, books updated like HP Network Node Manager: Getting Started.

Since NNM was version 4.

Some, but they can be worked though with HP Support.

Good

Good

Straight forward, though experience in installing or updating the tool is a must. The technical documentation is takes experience and much reading to master.

In house. I have installed, upgraded NNM from version 4 though 10.10.

Like any enterprise solutions it has a cost. Not only in initial price, but in time to do advanced configuration and maintenance of the product.

it_user368232 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of System Management Design at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
The main feature we find the most useful is that it makes a network topology map for us.

Valuable Features

The main feature we find the most useful for us is that it makes a map of the topology of the network.

Improvements to My Organization

Because of the topological network mapping, our management can quickly take action when there's a network problem.

Room for Improvement

It needs better management for the routing protocol, which right now is really not very good. While it does allow us to come in and quickly manage faults in the network, there are issues with the connection and packages between the physical and software layers of the router.

There are no issues when we deploy it.

We have no issues with stability. It's quite stable, in fact.

We have a large enterprise and a large network. We've had no problems regarding scalability.

We've had to contact them as sometimes we find bugs in the software. They're a little slow, but they're OK.

Other Solutions Considered

We've worked with CA and IBM, and they're still part of our architecture.

Test Analyst with 51-200 employees
Great GUIs, User-friendly and good reporting, but cumbersome license details.

What is most valuable?

The GUI and config manager.

How has it helped my organization?

The network Manager has improved incident tracking and speed of response to trouble tickets.

A year plus.

Configuration was a bit cumbersome for snmp traps on the routers and configuration of the SPIs was a little complicated.

None that I noticed.

Solarwinds was what was used by the organisation but the management decided on a unified solution IT and Telco.

It seemed a bit complex in some areas.

A vendor did the implementation and they were very experienced and responsive to issues.

I'd say about 0.3 for now as we really haven't used it for that long yet.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is part of the HP NMS solution and the unification helps in keeping a flow of processes going in the organisation.

Consultant at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Complete Network Monitoring solution

Valuable Features:

Multi-vendor equipment support Root cause analysis Multi-type and rich reports

Deployment Issues:

Need a good estimation of the network (manly nodes) otherwise, the system will not work correctly. Many issues can be found during deployment due to the use of many components and features by the product.

Scalability Issues:

Sizing should be estimated before deployment

Other Advice:

A complete solution for network monitoring. The cost is high comparing to its competitors, but the results are awesome.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an HP partner
Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Broadcom, and more!
Updated: June 2022