IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

McAfee MVISION ePO OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

McAfee MVISION ePO is #8 ranked solution in SOAR tools. PeerSpot users give McAfee MVISION ePO an average rating of 8 out of 10. McAfee MVISION ePO is most commonly compared to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator: McAfee MVISION ePO vs McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is McAfee MVISION ePO?

Cloud-based Security Management
Remove the setup and maintenance of on-premises security management infrastructure, so you can focus on monitoring your endpoints and mobile devices.

Enforce Security from a Single View
Easy-to-follow panels and dashboards assess your security posture. Stay current with summaries of the latest threat information and advisories.

Streamline Operations, Minimize Risk
Automated and straightforward workflows drive security operational efficiencies. Optional workflow approval requires policy or tasks to be reviewed, assuring higher-quality results.

McAfee MVISION ePO was previously known as McAfee MVISION ePolicy Orchestrator, MVISION ePO, MVISION ePolicy Orchestrator.

Download the Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

McAfee MVISION ePO Video

McAfee MVISION ePO Pricing Advice

What users are saying about McAfee MVISION ePO pricing:
"For large enterprise companies, the price should be alright, but for small businesses, the uptake might be slow because, for these clients, the price doesn't look very attractive."

McAfee MVISION ePO Reviews

Vincent Watti - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at Network Technics & Systems Ltd
Easy to set up and lets you centrally manage devices and endpoints from a single console
  • "What I like the most is the ability to manage centrally, to manage the various devices, the platform, and the endpoint, all from one console."
  • "The rollout to cover the online resources, such as SharePoint, One Drive, and Office 365 doesn't seem to have a very clear path."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and McAffee MVISION ePO is one of the security products that we implement for our clients. The primary use case of my customer is to protect the endpoints. It is important because of people who are working from home, and the diverse platforms that are apart from the workers who have a different environment. They are also spread over different countries and many different towns. The cloud platform is the best to communicate the management of devices and security. Also, besides, it offers protection compliance.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The rollout to cover the online resources, such as SharePoint, One Drive, and Office 365 doesn't seem to have a very clear path. There is a lot of different information all over the place and there's probably a need to have some technical ability to understand how to bring solutions to fruition. There doesn't seem to be any documentation in place to guide you. Unless you are a technical person, it's very difficult to bring that solution to fruition. The product is good but they just have to document how to use the different products and bring them into one platform, one solution. You shouldn't need to be a technical person to do that. You can roll out to all of the endpoints easily, but now if I need to protect the online cloud resources like SharePoint sites or SharePoint libraries, that is where the biggest worry is because people feel things like the cloud contains threats. They're not concerned with how to do it or to make sure that they have visibility and protection.  This is where it gets a little bit tricky, but even McAfee themselves are not giving a very clear road map or very clear documentation to know this is how to go about it, and this is how to achieve it. Again, we do not have to have a technical background to be able to synchronize. I think that they should drop their high costs of training. Many people will train themselves and still sell the product. They implement their product and they will recommend it. If they make the training available then the uptake will be higher.

We have been working with this solution for approximately one year.
Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Splunk, Palo Alto Networks and others in Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR). Updated: May 2022.
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have not experienced any issues with stability.

I haven't been faced with any limitations regarding scalability.

McAfee's technical support is a bit of a letdown. Also, there's no good support within our region. The people who are within our region do nothing, they just sell you licenses. The moment that you have a problem, you are on your own. They keep bouncing you between this department or person, or you end up with somebody who has no idea, and then now there is so much up and down that we end up now doing things on our own. You can send an email to support and you will get a response in a couple of days and maybe that response is to refer you to someone else.

Bringing the ePO and central management on board was very easy and very straightforward.

For large enterprise companies, the price should be alright, but for small businesses, the uptake might be slow because, for these clients, the price doesn't look very attractive. So people will compare, they are going to acknowledge and pick up a CD or go with Kaspersky, or Bitdefender. They feel that it's easier than suffering to get the information, that's the problem. One of the advantages of working remotely is that you can pick up a Bitdefender DVD and pop it into all of the laptops and other devices.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution, maybe because of my own background and my own portfolio, I have been working with it for a year and I know how to market it, I know what works and what doesn't work. When It comes to the training, it's a letdown because online training is very expensive, and they want people to sell and use their product. They are making training modules, which are very expensive. They also tell you that if you want to buy the product, you must be certified, but to be certified is very expensive at my own cost, then I can sell the product. There are many products like this being sold in our region. You sell the products for them but they charge you for training. It's a good product, it's a good solution, it's straightforward, and it works very well. At the same time, we shouldn't have to pay to learn it, just to sell it. They should brunt the costs of the training for their resellers. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Simple to use, easy to deploy, and offers great malware protection
  • "You have to have some experience, however, it's pretty simple to understand."
  • "One thing that I don't like is that McAfee products change very often and upgrade very often."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an antivirus, a client antivirus. We have a license for device control from where we can block USBs, DVDs, smartphones, etc from connecting to the computers.

What is most valuable?

Regarding malware, it's great at detecting viruses and malware. We haven't had the problem for the last ten years. It just works.

It's pretty simple in terms of managing things on ePO. You have to have some experience, however, it's pretty simple to understand.

The solution is easy to deploy. I have to do the upgrade now from an older version to the latest one, and I'm checking both upgrade and fresh install of the latest version, and it seems pretty easy.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't had any problem since it is installed.

The scalability is great.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to what is missing from the latest version. We have an old version and in the coming weeks, we are going to upgrade to the latest version. We have to see on that one if there are any missing features.

One thing that I don't like is that McAfee products change very often and upgrade very often. The annoying thing that I have noticed is that these new products do not work anymore on older Windows versions. Let's say a new version of antivirus does not install on Windows 8. You have to implement an older McAfee in an old version of Windows.

I have been working at this company for about six years. The company has maybe used it for at least 10 years.

The stability has been great for a decade. It requires very little maintenance and runs without issue. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

You can easily scale the solution up. It's not a problem.

We haven't required technical support in the last few years. Everything that has to be done, we have done it by ourselves. We didn't have any big issues to report that would have required support. Therefore, I can't comment on them from personal experience.

That said, we have had some online meetings with the McAfee staff to see the new products and new licenses that we want to buy from them.

We might, in the future, implement Endpoint Detection and Response, however, for now, we haven't got that feature.

The deployment process is pretty easy. Soon, I'll have to go to the latest version, and we will have to do two sequential upgrades to go to another version and then to the latest version. I'm seeking to install it from the beginning to a new server and so far it looks to be pretty simple.

I can't speak to the cost of the solution. Another department handles that aspect.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
May 2022
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Support Engineer at Professional Technologies Kenya
Reseller
MVISION Insights enables customers to see what's out there and we're getting less false positives
  • "We get fewer false positives than with other solutions."
  • "Features such as full drive encryption are lacking in the cloud version."

What is our primary use case?

We're using this solution for its antivirus and device control. We are partners with McAfee and resellers, and I am an engineer.

What is most valuable?

The MVISION Insights is a good feature because it gives users the ability to see what's out there, which is what our customers are looking for. I know that they are adding ISO application control which is also a good feature.

What needs improvement?

There are some features available with the on-premise version that are unfortunately not available on cloud such as encryption. For now, there is only management for native encryption and not full drive encryption. I'd like to see more integration and a lighter antivirus; most of the complaints from customers relate to the search utilization.

There needs to be more integration. Customers want to see MVISION Cloud integrated with things like SIEM, whether it's Microsoft, Fortinet, or something else.

The solution is stable, quite a number of our customers are running it and there haven't really been any problems.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is very good and they respond quite quickly.

The initial setup is very easy and the system only requires one person that has reasonable knowledge to manage it.

I think that licensing costs are reasonable and you get your money's worth.

Companies like Palo Alto and Check Point have amazing SOAR solutions; in the case of Check Point it's an EDR type solution. I think McAfee MVISION is much better now that we have things like Insights. McAfee's advantage is that there are fewer false positives compared to some of these other vendors, so I'd say they're doing well.

What other advice do I have?

There is a trade-off between the on-prem version and the cloud version. Some features that are available on-prem are not available on cloud but there are other features we can get on cloud that are not available on-prem. I believe this is a good solution and rate it nine out of 10.

Download our free Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, and more!
Updated: May 2022