LastPass Business OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LastPass Business is the #6 ranked solution in top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools and #7 ranked solution in top Enterprise Password Managers. PeerSpot users give LastPass Business an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. LastPass Business is most commonly compared to Keeper: LastPass Business vs Keeper. LastPass Business is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 53% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Single Sign-On (SSO) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is LastPass Business?

LastPass Business is a best-in-class password manager. With LastPass, you can protect your business from cyber-threats, without compromising ease of use. LastPass empowers employees to generate, secure, and share credentials seamlessly, while providing valuable insight and control to Admins and ensuring protection through LastPass’ zero-knowledge security infrastructure. Gain additional access and authentication features, such as single sign-on (SSO) for simplified access to cloud applications and multi-factor authentication (MFA) that secures the LastPass vault and single sign-on applications.

LastPass Business was previously known as LastPass Enterprise.

LastPass Business Customers

Deakin University, Duke University, Code.org, Influitive, PeopleKeys, SMA Technologies, Skynamo

LastPass Business Video

LastPass Business Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LastPass Business pricing:
"I was not terribly alarmed with the pricing, and am pleased with the fact that a home license is included with each business license."

LastPass Business Reviews

Mike Klaus - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Systems Analyst/Administrator at a agriculture with 1-10 employees
Straightforward to set up, good support, intuitive to use, and offers good value for the cost
  • "One feature that is really important to us is the ability to create secure notes."
  • "I struggle a little bit with the mobile app. As a browser extension, it works really well, and we are able to get to what we need to. However, on the phone, it's not quite as easy to navigate."

What is our primary use case?

Our main use case is a vault for passwords, but as a segue into that, we also are encouraging users to develop more secure passwords. By using this product, they won't have to have simple passwords that they can remember. They can just use the product, have it create secure passwords, and then auto-populate as they go to the various sites that they're normally going to. By doing that, we're going to create a more secure environment here.

How has it helped my organization?

LastPass uses one password to get into everything, which has to be secure because if somebody does get that main password for a certain user then they have the keys to the kingdom. However, this is not much different than if somebody has all of their passwords stored in an Excel file or Word file, and somebody gets into it. Even in cases where people have a password-protected document where they store all of their passwords, the password to get into it is simple. The advantage to using LastPass is that they will create very difficult master passwords and then guard them, as opposed to having an Excel or Word file in several locations. Sometimes, people even forget about copies of their Excel or Word password files, which is not a good scenario.

The fact that LastPass stores our passwords in an encrypted format, rather than being stored in somebody's email or text documents, is incredibly important to us. I can't stress that enough. The Excel documents, Word documents, post-it notes, and other methods that we used to use, much to my chagrin, are going to go away. The reason that I don't want to use the other methods is that they are just not secure.

With respect to data leaks, one of the biggest problems that we have in the cyber community, in general, is poor passwords. The second would be multifactor authentication but poor passwords are way up there. By using this product, it is going to go a long way to circumvent that, or maybe even alleviate that problem in general. At least, it will slow it down significantly. Hopefully, we'll be greatly more secure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to use a single master password to access all of your other passwords.

One feature that is really important to us is the ability to create secure notes. In our scenario, these are notes such as how to get some of our devices on the network. They are processes and procedures that we don't want anybody else to see, especially within the IT department. It's a small department and we have very many processes that we use, but not on a daily basis, so we aren't going to remember them. By using LastPass and secure notes, we can go back to those notes in a secure fashion and remind ourselves how to do certain things. For instance, how to create a test database for accounting, which is something that we do once a year. We don't want that to be out in a non-secure fashion, where somebody in the public can see it.

What needs improvement?

I struggle a little bit with the mobile app. As a browser extension, it works really well, and we are able to get to what we need to. However, on the phone, it's not quite as easy to navigate.

Single Sign-On (SSO)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, Keeper, One Identity and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Personally, I have been working with LastPass for approximately three years. We are currently using the Family Plan to evaluate it within the company before we transition to LastPass Business.

There may have been one time where it was not accessible. From our experience, as long as we have internet, we're able to access the product. It seems to work and function correctly and from my impression, all of the information is there when we run it.

Overall, it's very stable.

We have not yet tested for scalability. We have the six users that the family plan allowed. Within those six, we have taken people out and put other people in to see what they think about the product. But, as far as scaling and adding new users, we have not done that yet.

We have a lot of information stored in LastPass and I spoke with LastPass support to inquire about what would happen with the data that we entered into the system when we upgraded to the next level of service. I was assured that the data would remain intact and still available. This is good for us because I don't want to start over on what we've got so far.

We're looking to buy 101 licenses. It is not a huge deployment but for our world, that encompasses everyone.

We've only had to contact technical support a couple of times and my personal experience was very good.

There are some products where the support is very poor and there are some products where the support has been good. I was pleased with the speed of response and the completeness of the response that I received from LastPass so to me, that is good.

I would rate their support a ten out of ten.

I tried another product, albeit a long time ago, and I was not pleased with it. LastPass is more intuitive when it comes to entering data and adding items. We are also able to edit data, which is easier than with our previous solution. It just seemed like it was a little more clunky, and not as cognitive.

Overall, the initial setup is pretty straightforward. I struggled just a little bit with the browser extension at first, but after you go through it a couple of times, there is no trouble. I probably shouldn't have struggled but may have been nervous at that point. As it is now, we're able to navigate and get what we need from it.

I was not terribly alarmed with the pricing, and am pleased with the fact that a home license is included with each business license.

I think that the price of LastPass is a fair value, considering its ability to ensure that our employees' credentials remain secure. We're going to try and buy things as inexpensively as we possibly can, but I don't know that I was terribly put off or surprised at the fees being charged. We do have other products that I've looked at and thought that there's no way that the product is worth that. In the case of LastPass, however, we aren't disappointed with the cost.

They had told us that they were going to change the program a little bit, such that it would include a home user license with each business license. For me and the people at my company, that was very attractive.

Having LastPass at home seems like an advantage from a selfish standpoint, although it is better than that because the habits that you get into at home will carry over to the business. It reinforces the use of LastPass at work if people are using it at home. From a company standpoint, it makes us more secure, but from a practical standpoint, it's going to make the home user also more secure. It's a win-win.

We looked at a few products that were industry-specific, such as SCADA software, although these were not necessarily security products.

There was a security product that we reviewed, based on Active Directory, but for what it gave us, it was not a good value.

What other advice do I have?

LastPass gives us the ability to provide granular role permissions, although it isn't particularly important to do so in our environment. We definitely don't want everybody to have wide-open access to everything, so we do have a tiered structure in place, as far as access is concerned.

At this point, we have not integrated LastPass with other applications. We use it for websites but not for applications per see. There are some that we would like to experiment with but we haven't done it yet.

My advice to anybody who is looking to implement LastPass is that there are a lot of password vault environments on the market, so you should do your research and read the reviews. That said, this is a premium product that is easy to implement and easy to use. It doesn't seem to be hard on resources and I believe that the value is there, in terms of cost versus performance.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Identity & access specialist at a consumer goods company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use and stable, but needs better user interface and more information about scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use it for keeping track of the passwords and ensuring that we have a good level of password complexity.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface should be better, and there should probably be more information about scalability.

I have been using this solution for three months.

I haven't had any timeouts or anything like that, so I would say it is stable.

I don't know about its scalability. This is a point that I'm trying to figure out.

We have about 15 users who are evaluating it. Its usage will depend on the outcome.

I haven't tried their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

From what I've seen, I would recommend this solution to others depending on their needs.

I would rate LastPass Enterprise a seven out of ten.

Download our free Single Sign-On (SSO) Report and find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, Keeper, One Identity, and more!
Updated: November 2022