IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is #38 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum an average rating of 6 out of 10. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is most commonly compared to Trend Micro ServerProtect: Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum vs Trend Micro ServerProtect.

Download the Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Optimum delivers straightforward defense-in-depth against complex and advanced threats with no additional overheads. Use automated and 'single-click' responses so you can ensure every last piece of the threat is rooted out of your system.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum Video

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum Reviews

Vishal  Kumar - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Engineer at RapidCompute
Scans machines and generates reports daily; gives prompt responses
  • "What we like most about Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is its prompt response. We also like that it does scans on a daily basis, over every laptop or machine we set it for, and it also generates the report daily."
  • "The technology grows day by day, so we need to check for updates and do the updates daily. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is still improving over time and quality-wise, there are still things that need to be changed in the product, so that's why I rated it nine out of ten. Compatibility could also be improved in the product."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum for endpoint protection and protection against DDoS attacks. For our clients, the product protects their environment against internal and external access of any device, for example, USB protection, flash drive protection, and protection from any other website. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum detects internal activities, blocks .exe files, and provides Word file and PDF file protection in emails. These are the activities that the product provides protection for.

What is most valuable?

What we like most about Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is its prompt response. We also like that it does scans on a daily basis, over every laptop or machine we set it for, and it also generates the report daily.

What needs improvement?

We want to check another compatibility and competitor so that we can compare the steps, and compare with Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum. The technology grows day by day, so we need to check for updates and do the updates daily. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is still improving over time and quality-wise, there are still things that need to be changed in the product, so that's why I rated it nine out of ten. Compatibility could also be improved in the product.

We've been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum for ten years now.
Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Trend Micro, SentinelOne and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: June 2022.
607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We find Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum stable. There is no problem with it, so far, in terms of stability. We are also selling the product, so we are aware of how stable it is.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is a scalable product and currently, nothing has to change about it in terms of scalability.

We have another team supporting technical issues that arise from Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum is a product that's simple to install, though it requires more than just installation to complete the steps and procedures.

What other advice do I have?

My company is a service provider for Kaspersky. Currently, twenty clients are using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum, and ten advisors are managing the deployment and maintenance of the product. If anyone wants to implement Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum, my company can arrange a session to deploy the product. I would recommend the product to others. I'm rating Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum nine out of ten.

General manager at DotCom, Lda.
It's constantly updated and can respond to any threat nearly in real-time

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky EDR to protect laptops, desktops, and servers in service environments, like data centers. That's the primary use case.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky EDR is constantly updated and can respond to any threat nearly in real-time. They work hard to produce all the updates on time.

What needs improvement?

I want Kaspersky to extend its products to internet protection. For example, I would like them to develop a firewall integrated with EDR.

I've been using Kaspersky EDR for about 10 years.

Kaspersky EDR is highly stable.

Kaspersky EDR can scale easily. They've improved a lot in the last few years. In the beginning, it was more difficult, but now it's no problem to scale the product. We have about 100 client companies with more than 500 users each.

Kaspersky's support is quite good. They have a lot of years of experience doing this.

Kaspersky's setup isn't complex, but it's not straightforward either. I would say it's in the middle. It takes specialized knowledge to implement Kaspersky, but it's not complicated. Full deployment takes about five business days, so it's about one workweek to set up all environments and be ready for a production environment. Two technicians are enough to deploy and manage the solution.

We do everything with our in-house team. In some rare cases, we have contacted Kaspersky. In the 2020 implementation, I think we had only opened one ticket with Kaspersky.

My return is about 30 percent of the total volume of the business. If I'm selling something like $100,000, I can see a profit of $10,000.

There's a standard annual license for the core Kaspersky EDR solution and an extra fee for modules. It depends on what the client wants to achieve.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky EDR eight out of 10.

Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
June 2022
607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Junior Information Security Officer at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Lacking scalability, problems updating, but met most our requirements

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum for protection.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum have met our requirements.

What needs improvement?

We have had some issues updating Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum for approximately one year.

Our IT teams are using this solution in my organization, which is less than ten people.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum could improve on the scalability, it is module-based.

We have evaluated other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We are switching solutions because we have had issues with updating it.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Optimum a three out of four.

Private Cloud