Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Ivanti Service Desk  OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ivanti Service Desk is #20 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools and #21 ranked solution in top Help Desk Software. PeerSpot users give Ivanti Service Desk an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Ivanti Service Desk is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: Ivanti Service Desk vs ServiceNow. Ivanti Service Desk is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.

Download the IT Service Management (ITSM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Ivanti Service Desk ?

Deliver outstanding IT support services to employees and customers.

Ivanti Service Desk Customers

MBDA, Coates Hire, Perth & Kinross Council, Oil States International Inc., London Borough of Lambeth, Avon IM&T Consortium, Diagonal Consulting

Ivanti Service Desk Video

Ivanti Service Desk Reviews

David Gillen - PeerSpot reviewer
Lifetime Process Manager at a government with 201-500 employees
It offers us the flexibility to use the tool across multiple departments, not just IT
  • "Ivanti offers us the flexibility to transform it from purely an internal IT tool to something we can use across multiple departments. There's now a queue of departments waiting to onboard and get their processes built. The flexibility within the workflow is excellent."
  • "You have limited ability to customize how Ivanti renders. It's a fairly strict design that doesn't offer you much freedom to alter the rigid, two-column layout on the screen. You can choose between one column or two, but that's about it. The presentation is probably the biggest weakness."

What is our primary use case?

We initially used Ivanti as an IT service management tool for instant problem change and request fulfillment. Now we use the solution in a range of different workflow scenarios across various corporate teams, including HR requests, corporate comms, building orders, and customer management.

What is most valuable?

Ivanti offers us the flexibility to transform it from purely an internal IT tool to something we can use across multiple departments. There's now a queue of departments waiting to onboard and get their processes built. The flexibility within the workflow is excellent.

What needs improvement?

You have limited ability to customize how Ivanti renders. It's a fairly strict design that doesn't offer you much freedom to alter the rigid, two-column layout on the screen. You can choose between one column or two, but that's about it. The presentation is probably the biggest weakness.

We've been using the current setup since 2013, but I have worked on predecessors to the Ivanti product since 2007.

IT Service Management (ITSM)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, ServiceNow, ManageEngine and others in IT Service Management (ITSM). Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Ivanti is stable. We've been using it for many years. Now and then, we've had issues scaling up the servers, but nothing unexpected.

Ivanti has proven to be highly scalable. However, we probably underestimated the demand when we brought in extra customers. We have about 23,000 users now.

We've never had a huge issue with Ivanti technical support, but we don't need them often. Typically, we only have issues when upgrading, and we need their assistance to get that fixed beforehand. We don't rely on them for day-to-day support, which we primarily handle in-house.

Each company had its own solution before we merged. We were all independent up to that point. My last company was with was using the Touchpaper solution, which became LANDesk, then Ivanti. We've continued with our tool, but there had to be a corporate standard, so the other companies were told to migrate on to the Ivanti platform.

The initial deployment took over 18 months, including migration from eight solutions to this one. We were formed through the merger of eight or nine different bodies into a single organization. They all had different solutions.

The migration was pretty complex from that point of view, but getting the system up was straightforward. It just took us 18 months to onboard all the users from the different areas.

The deployment was mostly in-house with some vendor support. We had LANDesk consultants at the time, but now they're Ivanti. We had a few days' support from them, but it was primarily in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Ivanti Service Desk eight out of 10. If you can invest the development time, you'll get a lot out of this product. We've invested a lot of resources into this, and our usage has expanded dramatically.

You get out what you put in. If you want something you can just deploy and forget about, this is probably not suitable. You could do that with some other solutions. However, we've found this to be excellent in terms of the customization options.

Sayed Munir - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Beneficial connectors, useful service requests, and setup straightforward
  • "The most valuable features of the Ivanti Service Desk are service requests and incident management."
  • "Ivanti Service Desk could improve the GUI because it is not as good as other solutions, such as BMC or ServiceNow. If Ivanti Service Desk works on the GUI and makes it more user-friendly, and its content more attractive it might help the solution in the long run."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Ivanti Service Desk for service requests, incident management, change management, IT discovery, and asset discovery.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Ivanti Service Desk could improve the GUI because it is not as good as other solutions, such as BMC or ServiceNow. If Ivanti Service Desk works on the GUI and makes it more user-friendly, and its content more attractive it might help the solution in the long run.

I have been using Ivanti Service Desk for approximately six months.

The stability of the Ivanti Service Desk depends on our server connectivity and the availability of our server. If we have good a good environment then the solution can be very stable.

We have approximately 4,000 users using this solution in my organization.

We use the Ivanti Service Desk on a daily basis, for logging our tickets, new user joining, and many service requests are being completed.

I have not contacted technical support.

I previously used ManageEngine. I switched because the Ivanti Service Desk has a lot of integrations and connectors which are beneficial. There are a lot of minute details where Ivanti Service Desk has an advantage over ManageEngine. For example, in ManageEngine ITSM we cannot integrate it with Oracle ERP. However, in Ivanti Service Desk we can integrate it with ERP solutions to fit in the user details, and other required objects we want. That's one of the biggest differentiators. Additionally, Ivanti Service Desk gives a lot of customization while in ManageEngine a lot of elements are hardcoded. We cannot customize it up to the minute level.

The initial setup of the Ivanti Service Desk was straightforward.

We have two people who do the maintenance and support this solution.

I have been evaluating Freshdesk.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Ivanti Service Desk an eight out of ten.

Ivanti Service Desk gives all the functionality we need. This is why I gave it eight. I subtracted two points for poor user-friendliness. The GUI is not user-friendly. When compared to BMC or ServiceNow, they can improve a lot on the GUI.

IT Service Management (ITSM)
September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Senior Manager/ User Support at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Good stability, good scalability, and useful for incident management and service request management
  • "Incident management and service request management features are the most valuable."
  • "The administrative side of it could be a little more intuitive. This is the side that you use to do customizations. It is very customizable, but it could be a bit more intuitive and user-friendly. Their support can also be better in terms of response time. Currently, their response time is a little slow."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage our help desk.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The administrative side of it could be a little more intuitive. This is the side that you use to do customizations. It is very customizable, but it could be a bit more intuitive and user-friendly.

Their support can also be better in terms of response time. Currently, their response time is a little slow.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is good. We have about 600 users, and all of our users are using the app access or the Self-Service Portal. We have about eight to ten help desk staff members and service desk analysts.

Putting in a ticket is easy, but the response time is a little slow. Their response time could be better.

If you're setting it up for the first time, you would probably need professional services.

We didn't set it up ourselves. We used a third-party vendor to do the setup for us. It took about four or five months.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing this solution, I would advise others to do the groundwork and properly document the processes and workflows. We didn't have certain processes properly defined, and that's why it took us longer to implement this solution.

I would rate Ivanti Service Desk an eight out of ten. We're satisfied with this solution.

Threat Intelligence and Forensics Investigation Specialist at True Digital Group
Automatic tracking and cloud storage make reviewing easy
  • "The best feature is that SLAs are automatically tracked, so when we breach something, we can set up email escalations as well."
  • "When we need to implement changes, it usually takes two to three days to happen, making it a very time-consuming process."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use Service Desk to track service requests and check service records.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is that SLAs are automatically tracked, so when we breach something, we can set up email escalations as well. In addition, because everything is tracked and kept on the cloud, it's very easy to review changes.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for six months.

This is a scalable solution.

I also use Jira, which I feel is a better solution because it includes so many integrations and other features.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Service Desk as nine out of ten.

Download our free IT Service Management (ITSM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, ServiceNow, ManageEngine, and more!
Updated: September 2022