Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Inflectra Rapise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Inflectra Rapise is #16 ranked solution in best RPA tools and #17 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools. PeerSpot users give Inflectra Rapise an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Inflectra Rapise is most commonly compared to Katalon Studio: Inflectra Rapise vs Katalon Studio. Inflectra Rapise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Test Automation Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Inflectra Rapise?
Rapise is the most powerful and easy to use test automation tool on the market. It allows you to quickly and easily automate the testing of your web, mobile and desktop applications. Why spend hours manually regression testing your applications when you can have Rapise do it for you?

Inflectra Rapise was previously known as Rapise.

Inflectra Rapise Customers
- Soflab - RegEd - Intel - US Government
Inflectra Rapise Video

Archived Inflectra Rapise Reviews (more than two years old)

QA Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good database management with a straightforward setup, but maintenance is a challenge
  • "It's pretty straightforward to set up."
  • "The maintenance is very difficult. We've only been using the platform for three months, so I'm not sure if that will continue, but right now it's an observation I've had."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing the database for our organization.

What is most valuable?

The platform overall is good.

It's pretty straightforward to set up.

The solution offers good availability.

So far, technical support has been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its compatibility with other solutions.

The solution is quite new for us. I've been working with the solution for three months. We're still testing it out.

Test Automation Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Inflectra, Ranorex, SmartBear and others in Test Automation Tools. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I can't really comment on the stability just yet, as we're still struggling with maintenance issues, and the stability plays into that.

The scalability of the solution is low. You can't scale it too much. It's also very complex. It takes a long time to go through the documentation.

We've had a chance to contact technical support and so far they've been good. We've been satisfied with the level of support they've provided us so far over the past three months of use.

The initial setup was straightforward. It wasn't complex at all. In fact, we found it nice and easy.

I don't have any idea about the pricing on the solution right now. We're still evaluating the product.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Inflectra.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The compatibility needs to be improved. If it was, I'd rate it a bit higher.

I'd recommend the solution. Writing the scripts etc. is very difficult, but we can increase the availability quite well. There is definitely a minimum skill set required in order to use the solution. It's good to hire someone that knows a bit about the solution to make it easier to implement it. Even so, for us at least, the maintenance has been challenging.

Hybrid Cloud
it_user372528 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior QA & Test Manager, Head of Test Automation at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Tests are automated in no time and now they run every day. Keyword test approach is preferable to their script approach.

• Web Application Testing is very strong
  • Custom user functions can be created and easily dragged and dropped into the test project
  • Cross-browser testing is excellent
  • Report Export to Excel and Export to PDF functionality
  • Webservices test and Manual test Functionality is very good
  • Test Xpath and Test CSS tool is unique in Rapise
  • DoQueryXPath and DoQueryCss functions are unique

How has it helped my organization?

We moved to agile recently and in order to support agile delivery of our product we needed to release a new version of our software every month and Rapise helped us a lot doing so. Tests are automated in no time and now they run every day. Earlier where we used to get only 3 or 4 manual test rounds every iteration, we are now getting almost 1 a day. Rapise helped us identifying regression issues on the same day decreasing the overall cost of defect fixing

What needs improvement?

• Only support Java Script – Should have at least an option to use two languages (TestComplete gives 5 and Ranorex gives two)
  • Mobile testing is still basic and requires Appium installed
  • Built in compare files functionality
  • Keyword test approach is preferable to their script approach
  • Soap Testing Support

I've used it for two years. It has great record and playback functionality and excellent cross browser testing functionality. Automated Manual test recording feature and executing hybrid (manual & automated test) functionality is very nice.

No problem during deployment.

It has some stability issues where the tool crashes sometimes on Windows 10.

There is one small issue where the older licenses need to be uninstalled first. It would be very good if the installation process also allows seamless upgrade.

I've never used it but we do get notifications from Inflectra about product updates.

We used to use Rational Robot which is very old technology and doesn’t support all the latest platforms. We moved on to rapise because

• It supports almost all the latest technologies
  • Licenses are cheaper than other tools such as HP UFT or Tosca Testsuite
  • Installation is relatively simpler and no hassle in using the tool right from scratch

The initial set-up was straightforward. Just double clicking the exe/msi file will install the tool. I would suggest trailing on test system first. Although Rapise installation is straightforward, Spira Team configuration can be a little tricky sometimes.

The implementation was straightforward. We did not use vendor support.

We saved thousands of dollars because the Rapise implementation gave us 30 or more executions for every release compared to three or four. So huge savings on manual testing effort plus easy detection of defects is very cost effective.

I would suggest going with a single license first and then upgrading it to 5/10/20 licenses.

What other advice do I have?

Ideally, you should use Rapise with Spira Team which can be used as a version control system and also repository for automated tests. Keep Mobile/Web/Desktop Tests separate Also, make sure all the common functions are managed separately in User functions and call them in your tests using parameters. Make sure that the manual test functionality in Rapise so that all non-automated tests can also be executed as part of the suite.

Record Playback is good but can make things complex when there are dynamic object, so I would suggest learning the objects manually and creating your tests using drag and drop approach. Make use of command line execution so that it can be integrated using any continuous integration tool. Make use of JIRA integration tool – Though the integration is kind of duplication and sync but it works ifthe JIRA is your main defect tracking system

Test Automation Tools
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user371874 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Quality Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I chose it because it's based on Java script to open source.​

Valuable Features

The scripting of this tool is easy and user friendly.

Improvements to My Organization

I chose it because it's based on Java script to open source.

Room for Improvement

I faced one problem where it can't validate the colour of images and text. Also, it could not automate the mobile app, and this needs to be included.

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There were no issues encountered with the stability.

We had no issues with scaling it.

8.5/10

8.5/10

It was straightforward for me.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor team.

Other Advice

You should use it for automating because it is user-friendly.

it_user371394 - PeerSpot reviewer
Junior Test Analyst at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features are that you can automate many applications and that it's not only a web-based application. You can also share scripts with team members.

Improvements to My Organization:

The product has made things easy for me as a software tester because I can use the same script to test a lot of things. I've ben able to save a lot of time by doing this.

Room for Improvement:

What I have noticed about Rapise is that sometimes when you keep on using the same script, it fails many times. The other thing that can be improved is being able to play the script by setting the start point from anywhere in the script. When recording date-of-birth in the following format, 12/06/2015, and use tab to go to another text box, this messes up the script because of the way it records dates. I think that could be improved.

Use of Solution:

We just started using it and are still working it out.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had issues with deployment so far.

Stability Issues:

It's been stable for us.

Scalability Issues:

We're able to scale as needed.

Other Advice:

Rapise is a good automation tool that's easy to use and learn, and you can share scripts as a team, which is very helpful.

Sr Quality Assurance Analyst with 501-1,000 employees
With it, the application automation process is seamless without the need for Java-developer level knowledge. But, batches of scripts can create a blocking situation where they all unexpectedly fail.

What is most valuable?

The ease of recording automation scrips blew me away the first time I used the product. I have been doing automation for over 10 years and I am used to a project taking a week with 100% time allocation to it and that assumes no surprises. The first time I used Rapise I completed the automation scripts for a full application in a day. I was shocked how easy it was.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using Rapise it would take us weeks to automate an application. It would be layers of process to record, then edit JAVA to accept UNIDs that would change on each submission, finally the run/fail/edit cycle till we could get it to function. When the application was updated it would end up being faster to just rewrite the script from scratch.

When we moved to Rapise all this seems to be the seamless process that we have all been promised for years, but have not seen. Recording was quick and easy, defining verification points did not require a JAVA developer knowledge level, and editing the script to accommodate new application features was a simple process.

What needs improvement?

When there are failures in a nightly run of batches of scripts, it can create a blocking situation where all the following scripts will fail due to unexpected results. This can take a little time refine your test cases to ensure all application pages get closed out before starting the next set of test scripts.

4 years

There have been issues when upgrading if the license is not disabled before beginning the upgrade install. It would be nice if that was integrated in the install process.

We have a configuration that integrates Rapise with SpiraTeam. (I highly suggest this configuration). As the product as matured the process for creating the automation files in the SpiraTeam repository has changed, but the backward compatibility of the product had issues. This only happened with one major upgrade and now that the change has been completed I don't expect to see that problem again.

None in 4 years.

Outstanding customer service. This is the same team that I have worked with on SpiraTeam/SpiraTest. They are all very knowledgeable with their applications. When we call in for support we do not get the normal unskilled person reading from a script and directing us to a web site or another team.

The customer service team is the technical support team. It is so refreshing to have your initial call answered by a person that can resolve the issue and not pass you off to another person. They take ownership of the call and provide you a solution.

We used IBM Rational Functional Tester before Rapise. The Rational solution was painful to modify, the process of automating an application would take weeks, the cost was outrageous, and support was less than helpful. One of the best decisions we have made to move from Rational to Rapise.

Initial setup for Rapise was very simple and straightforward. So much easier that setting up Rational, not sure I can even quantify it. Difference in installing Windows from scratch as compared to installing FireFox.

I did the implementation myself.

Price is very reasonable, much better that many other products of similar functionality.

Yes we did, we had been using Rational and we looked into a few others.