Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is #3 ranked solution in top ZTNA tools. PeerSpot users give Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is most commonly compared to Okta Workforce Identity: Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs Okta Workforce Identity. Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 19% of all views.
Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy?

Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy was previously known as GCP Cloud IAP, Google Cloud Platform Cloud IAP, Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Video

Archived Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Reviews (more than two years old)

Ade FajarPamungkas - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior System Analyst at Evello System
Runs our server production and the hardware doesn't need maintenance
  • "We do not need to maintain the hardware."
  • "I think this product needs to shift the focus from our software, our solution, like social media analytics to our customers; not maintenance in the hardware."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for software social media analytics. That software can call social media like Facebook, Instagram, and news online media. We call them and put them in the container. And then we analyze the data and display it on the dashboard. We use the GCP to run our server production.

What is most valuable?

We only use what we need to put in the application to create a server. We do not need to maintain the hardware.

What needs improvement?

I think this product needs to shift the focus from our software, our solution, like social media analytics to our customers; not maintenance in the hardware. We focus on our business for the maintenance and infrastructure to develop the software.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs. Perimeter 81
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs. Perimeter 81 and other solutions. Updated: August 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We use it to up the server like the compute engine. For the compute engine, we just put the CPU with what I need, and then storage capacity what I need, and then just click, and it runs. We don't use it yet to have integration with other platforms or systems.

We don't get any bugs in the software.

We do have plans to increase usage when our client base increases, we will increase the capacity, like the storage and the compute. Maybe in a year or two.

We used to contact support to handle our problems at the beginning of our implementation. We're not so experienced with the system so we need their guidance. We are satisfied with the support. We have to pay to use technical support. There are a lot of charges. We open the ticket and then have to pay for it. It shouldn't be like that. We use the infrastructure and then we pay. We just input them for the system, we do not have to pay again.

The setup is of medium complexity. It is not too difficult, it is medium level to operate GCP.

It took only two days to set up the server. The server itself took three hours. Three hours to set up the server and then the deployment. We built the system over a long time. But to deploy we set the infrastructure like the server, firewall, in the GCP. It took five hours to deploy.

We deployed it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend GCP. We will focus to develop our system, our product, and it's a matter of whether or not the infrastructure can handle GCP.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to see a machine learning system.

Arun Andavar Nagarajan - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Multi-source system centralized in one location for efficient data transformation
  • "There is a lot of flexibility and a lot of control if you use this efficiently."
  • "The setup could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our financial system is on Oracle-based, SaaS, hosted on the Oracle cloud. From different XML sources, we had to bring in high volumes of transactions into the financial system.

Before we put all of the data into the product and financial system, we need the data to go through some data messaging, and create some rules and derive some values. There are five or six million records every day.

Google has some very good tools on its platform. They have an App Engine and cluster-based programming so that you are able to achieve high performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Because this is a multiple source system, we need a centralized place where all of the data rules are maintained and where all of the data transformations are performed.

Being from an Oracle background, Oracle doesn't have the tools that Google has to transform the high volume data.

It can perform that validation for the high volume transactions in less time, it can be transformed in minutes.

What is most valuable?

I like this solution. It has a lot of abilities such as data processing and cluster data creation.

The way they use the sources efficiently and the performance are good. The cost is also less, depending on the way that you code.

There is a lot of flexibility and a lot of control if you use this efficiently.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the drag and drop features improved. They have a lot of hand-coded coding. Now they are doing less coding and more drag and drop and configuration.

From a developer's perspective, it would make it simpler and also the less manual coding will lead to fewer defects. Less coding ability but most coding should be automated using a drag and drop functionality.

The setup could be more user-friendly.

In the next release, I would like to see improved drag and drop features, less coding abilities, or zero coding abilities. This would mean that you can do it by using your configurations, or even when you drag and drop it can be an orchestration so that anyone can do it. It would not be just some hand-coded kind of development that will be used by developers in the future.

We are typically a solution provider and we implemented this solution twelve months ago.

It's a stable product.

The scalability is really good.

There are not many end-users who come in and log in every day, because all of these transformations are completed automatically. From the administration standpoint, there are three or four people taking care of the databases and the application layer. The product is all automated and it's a matter of a back and forth thing.

I have not contacted Google support.

We were using Oracle. Previously, we were not using any products. Other products such as JCS and ICS are not this kind of solution. They are that capable. Oracle may have some other products, but I am not aware of it.

The initial setup was ok, although it can be made to be more user-friendly.

The length of deployment depends on the client's requirements. This particular client has very stringent requirements and it had to go through multiple QA processes. It did take some time but that had to do with the change in management.

You need three or four people with varying skillsets if you are implementing this. We had approximately five for this.

I think that the cost is metered based on the data, but I don't have the details.

What other advice do I have?

This is an awesome product.

This solution is pretty automated. When you come from an administrative standpoint, they come and just do some maintenance now and then. They're very few.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is that they have to be very careful. Though this has all of the capabilities, be very careful. Before they engage in the design, you have to understand the volume of transactions you are going to have. What are the turnaround times that you need and the performance considerations? Depending on that, you have to define the architecture of the solution. There are various factors.

There is a thought process before you go into the developing mode.

You have to go through many different people and understand what the restrictions of the various databases that Google has provided are. You have a lot of tools to select before you start developing. There are many tools on this platform and you have to pick the right ones for the right solution. Cost and performance on this type of solution dictate that.

A thorough analysis should be done before you get into this because it's not easy.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs. Perimeter 81
August 2022
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Vice President at a retailer with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to set an accessibility feature using cloud identity
  • "There is a certain accessibility feature that I can set using a cloud identity, which is really valuable to us."
  • "the documentation could be a bit better in terms of what is presented on the screen versus what actually happens."

What is our primary use case?

It's a cloud-based solution, so it's always the latest version. We use it for identity management, monitor resources, and to monitor the cloud resources. The number of users are small, but the number of resources being managed is large. We plan to roll it out to about 30,000 people.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I think that the documentation could be a bit better in terms of what is presented on the screen versus what actually happens. There's a little bit of confusion under your resource discovery you get in a search bar having to do with the level of complexity of the product design. But I think the documentation could be better.

We have been using Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy for about a year.

It is very stable.

It scales well, in fact, it's quite relevant. We've not put it to an extreme level of scale, but we use it at a medium level of scalability. It's working well.

Google's technical support is really good. In fact, I've only been in touch through email and they've been really responsive. In fact, most of our responses happen in minutes.

The setup is straightforward. I don't think it's a function of how long it takes to set up. it's a continuous deployment. At the time it was a new resource that has to be reconfigured. The initial set up was a few days, but after that its incremental changes that we do.

We've evaluated Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy at an eight out of ten.

Sameer Shaikh - PeerSpot reviewer
SaaS Development Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Stable with good ready-made services but lacks many features
  • "The app provides ready-made services that we can talk to without issue."
  • "The initial setup was quite complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to assist our clients. One of our clients, for example, wanted their web application to be integrated.

What is most valuable?

The ability to measure access using the solution is quite helpful. It's very helpful, in particular, for clients.

The app provides ready-made services that we can talk to without issue.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for a more robust solution that allows seamless integration.

The initial setup was quite complex.

The solution needs some features. There a lot of new requirements, like seamless integration and real-time batch updates, that we would want that should be added in future releases.

We've only used the solution for a very short time. It's only been a few months.

The app is reliable. It's very stable. We haven't had issues with things like bugs or glitches. It hasn't crashed. It's been good.

The solution is quite scalable, as it is on the cloud. It is easy for a company to ramp up as needed.

We've never had to contact technical support. Everything we've needed in terms of answering queries or finding assistance is available online.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It was complex. We are expecting it to be more seamless.

The coding turned out to be quite difficult. We had to put the legacy EPAs in place. The access was hard to deal with. Networking restrictions, etc. were also causing us problems. There was a combination of implementation issues our organization had to deal with.

In the end, deployment took three weeks.

We had our own team at our company that was able to deploy and maintain the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We were a Google partner in the past, but we aren't anymore.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it seven out of ten overall. If the solution offered more features, we would rank it higher.