Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Mickelle Van Wyk - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Robust in features, interface well designed, and user friendly
  • "I find the main valuable feature to be the antivirus, it is very effective with removing viruses."
  • "The adware module could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

I find the main valuable feature to be the antivirus, it is very effective with removing viruses. I also like the fact that it gives you protection when you do the banking and the scanning of emails in and out. The interface is well designed, performance is smooth, easy to configure, and overall really nice to work with. At this stage of our evaluation, it is a comprehensive solution.

What needs improvement?

The adware module could be improved.

I have been using this solution for four years.

ESET Endpoint Security
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable, we have eight devices using the solution in my organization. Most of our clients are small to medium-sized businesses.

I have not used the support many times, but in the past when I have dealt with them, the support was very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The price of the solution is reasonable compared to the other products out there. It is definitely in line with the competition.

We currently use SentinelOne, and we are evaluating this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those looking to implement this solution to work through it with their partners because the partners do the training. This would be the easiest.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

IT Manager at Version 2 Limited
Lightweight, very easy to deploy, and very stable
  • "It is pretty easy to deploy. Its update definition file is small, so it can dispatch very quickly within the enterprise. The product itself is very lightweight, so it won't delay your endpoint. You also don't have to do any difficult configuration because it comes with a very good default setting. So, you just install it and forget it."
  • "They recently released an EDR integration. I hope they have more AI or intelligence filtering on the EDR events. Even though it has already got AI, but it is quite a different thing. So, they still have room to improve on the EDR part. This is one small piece that they need to improve. Otherwise, it is just fine."

What is most valuable?

It is pretty easy to deploy. Its update definition file is small, so it can dispatch very quickly within the enterprise. The product itself is very lightweight, so it won't delay your endpoint. You also don't have to do any difficult configuration because it comes with a very good default setting. So, you just install it and forget it.

What needs improvement?

They recently released an EDR integration. I hope they have more AI or intelligence filtering on the EDR events. Even though it has already got AI, but it is quite a different thing. So, they still have room to improve on the EDR part. This is one small piece that they need to improve. Otherwise, it is just fine.

I have been using this solution for over 10 years.

It is excellent. It is a really stable solution.

It is scalable. It can easily handle more than 10,000 endpoints.

We are a small enterprise.

I am providing support to our end customers. The support that we get from headquarters is pretty good. We get very good support from ESET.

For endpoint security, I'm only working with ESET.

It is pretty easy.

Its price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to not install it along with any other endpoints security solution. Some people love to have two or more solutions, but it is meaningless.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of 10.

ESET Endpoint Security
September 2022
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mariusz Czarnecki - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at SoniqSoft JRMM sp. z o.o. s.k.
Easy to setup, stable, and easy to use
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of use."
  • "I am a MAC user and my asset cybersecurity is continuously displaying warnings that I am not using their firewall."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used in medium to large enterprises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of use.

I also like the confidence in this product.

What needs improvement?

I am a MAC user and my ESET cybersecurity is continuously displaying warnings that I am not using their firewall. I don't want to use their firewall because I am using the MAC firewall.

It's annoying to constantly see the triangle with an exclamation mark to warn me. I don't want to see this warning, I am aware of the warning and decided not to use it. It would be nice if there was a way to hide this notification or if there was a way to not show it at all.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for approximately three years.

It's a stable solution.

We have approximately 25 users in our organization.

We have not needed to use technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy.

The price is okay and I don't have any issues with it.

We have a three-year license.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to continue using this solution and I would recommend it to others.

Overall, I like this product and I am satisfied with what it does.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Analyst - Security Officer at a non-tech company with 201-500 employees
Offers features that cannot be found in SSTMs
  • "I feel the solution to be beneficial in respect of features that I cannot find with SSTM's."
  • "The solution lacks the automation I need."

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET Endpoint Security for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

While it is difficult for me to comment fully on the solution, as I am still testing it on the server side and have yet to conduct endpoint testing, I do feel that it beneficial in respect of features that I cannot find with SSTM's.

What needs improvement?

I have not found the solution to be very helpful in providing endpoint security.

As analysts, we need to do things fast. We rely on automation and on scripts, but I find this lacking in the solution. The solution lacks the automation I need. For example, should I wish to create a dynamic group, it won't appear.

The solution is scalable, but I found the deployment part to be difficult. When it comes to deployment for the appointed client, the size of the package, 250 MB, is excessive for the limitations we face in Canada. For some regions this does not pose a problem, but in Canada it does.

While I don't have personal experience with tech support, my understanding from my colleagues is that they are pleased with it.

The initial setup of Azure is easier than that of the solution.

Azure has an easier setup than ESET Endpoint Security. I am biased towards the former.

Since we have four apps through our use of SSTM, STVM, I only make use of the Microsoft Products. This makes the integration of another Microsoft product much easier.

What other advice do I have?

I rate ESET Endpoint Security as an eight out of ten.

Consultant at CreopsTek Solutions
Interface lacking, simple initial setup, and impressive support

What is our primary use case?

We are using ESET Endpoint Security to protect our PCs.

Most of our clients are not hooked directly to the internet limiting the chance of threats.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in ESET Endpoint Security is the game mode to restrict notifications.

What needs improvement?

The user interface of ESET Endpoint Security could be more user-friendly and more features could be added.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for approximately 10 years

ESET Endpoint Security is highly stable.

The scalability of ESET Endpoint Security is good. We can buy more licenses if we add a computer or two.

I have used the support from ESET Endpoint Security.

I rate the support from ESET Endpoint Security a five out of five.

I have not used another solution other than ESET Endpoint Security.

The initial setup of ESET Endpoint Security is very simple.

We do not have any maintenance costs because it is a stable solution. We do not have notifications and we do scans when needed.

I rate the price of ESET Endpoint Security a five out of five.

The price of the solution is very good compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a five out of ten.

Mahendra Patel - PeerSpot reviewer
SOC Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to implement with reasonable pricing and very good advanced protection
  • "The solution offers impressive advanced protection."
  • "The stability needs to be improved. There are bugs that you have to deal with."

What is most valuable?

The features are very good.

The solution offers impressive advanced protection.

The pricing is quite reasonable.

It's fairly simple to implement.

What needs improvement?

The stability needs to be improved. There are bugs that you have to deal with.

I've been working with the solution for around two years at this point.

The stability isn't ideal. There are some bugs and other issues we have came across in the last two years. From that perspective, there needs to be some improvement.

Technical support is, at one level, good. The turnaround on queries takes some time, however, I would say it's not less of an amount of service as compared to Microsoft.

We also work with Microsoft Defender. From a Microsoft product perspective and stability perspective, I would recommend Defender. From the feature perspective, from an advanced protection perspective, ESET is good.

The initial setup is easy. It's not a complex or difficult process.

The cost is not too high. They have reasonable pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We are managed risk providers, a MRSP. We have a partnership with ESET.

It's a good solution and perfect for small and medium-sized organizations.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. All features are available and they are good, however, they need to deal with some bugs.

AtiqMohammed - PeerSpot reviewer
Presales Consultant - Engineer at Red Secure IT Infrastructure LLC
Reseller
Good protection and device control features, very user friendly, and good integration
  • "The protection and device control features are the most valuable. I found its user interface and integration pretty good. It is very user friendly as compared to other products."
  • "A few times, we have had problems with downloading an agent. We had to try multiple times and multiple uploads."

What is our primary use case?

We are a start-up company, and we sell solutions from ESET, Trend Micro, McAfee, and Panda. We are doing both on-premises and cloud deployments of ESET Endpoint Security.

What is most valuable?

The protection and device control features are the most valuable. I found its user interface and integration pretty good. It is very user friendly as compared to other products.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately eight months.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We have a regional support team for ESET. We contact them for support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We have our own team for deployment and maintenance.

Its price is fair. If we compare it with any other retail product, it is a little harder to compete with.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. We have a lot of customers for this solution, and they are really happy with the product. However, a few customers are not confident of this solution when we initially suggest it to them. They are more confident about other solutions.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Wai KongWong - PeerSpot reviewer
Information security consultant at Ypsilon System
Reliable, good support, and low maintance

What is our primary use case?

I am using ESET Endpoint Security for our basic protection.

What needs improvement?

ESET Endpoint Security could improve EDR integration.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for approximately two years.

ESET Endpoint Security is stable, I did not have any issues with it.

We have approximately 50 people using the solutions but we have 100 servers running it.

We will increase the usage of the solution over time.

We use our local distributor for support and they are very good and friendly.

I previously used Symantec and BitDefender.

The initial setup of ESET Endpoint Security can be a little challenging, but overall it is straightforward. If we are to implement the solution for 100 employees it will take approximately one week.

I did the implementation of ESET Endpoint Security with my team.

We do not have many people managing the solution.

The cost of the solution is hard to justify even if the EDR operates well.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this is a very good solution for email protection but for the EDR and SIEM, the integration is not at a high level. However, if you use it for traditional protection it is good.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022