Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
IT Manager at Version 2 Limited
A reliable anti-malware and security suite for small, midsize, and large businesses
  • "It has a clean and clear interface."
  • "ESET Endpoint Security should offer more integration with multi-attack frameworks."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our endpoints from malware, zero-day attack, etc.

What is most valuable?

It has a clean and clear interface. The performance on the endpoint, no matter the system, its resource usage is low. We have pretty good detection, at least I feel that we don't have any major infections — we love it.

We can use this solution to perform lots of tasks, like upgrading. We can integrate with Windows. Some of the patches don't update by default, by Microsoft. We can do some software installations, in-store — which is pretty easy. Whenever we upgrade, our lives become much easier.

What needs improvement?

ESET Endpoint Security should offer more integration with multi-attack frameworks. This is very important for large corporate businesses as it would provide protection against hackers, data breaches, etc.

I have been using this solution for roughly 12 years.

ESET Endpoint Security
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We experience some stability issues from time to time, but we can't confirm it's due to ESET. Some system tasks read past some script which makes it difficult for developing custom tasks. For normal installations, it's fine.

ESET Endpoint Security should be able to integrate with DLP better — that would be great. They already have EDR, but we don't use it. Some have more DLP functionality than others.

They have local support here, so they're pretty good. They seem to know what we need. Overall, I'd say their support is very good.

After we upgraded to version six, it's been pretty easy to continue upgrading. It's pretty straightforward to upgrade and install. 10 years ago, this wasn't the case. We had to install each upgrade one by one.

I think it's available for a pretty fair price. If you know how to use it, then it's a very fair price for what you get.

What other advice do I have?

They provide a free trial version. Install it and try it for yourself to see the performance and test the detection capabilities. Then you can see the result; that's what I remember the first time I tried ESET.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ESET Endpoint Security a rating of nine.

Partner at a media company with 51-200 employees
Great stability with good tech support
  • "The stability is great."
  • "The solution could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to try to protect against bugs. I simply install it on all our computers, in its basic format, for the purpose of dealing with basic bugs. I do not have the capabilities to use the solution for more advanced purposes. Basically, we use it for protection.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the solution to be simpler to understand. While it satisfies our needs at the moment, it is really only understandable to those with a strong computer background. It could be more user-friendly.

The solution should provide a basic standard and give instructions on how one could go about doing more complex tasks. When it comes to basic capabilities, it is fine and straightforward, so I have no complaint in this regard.

The solution could be more cost-effective, but this is a blanket statement which can be made about anything.

We have been using ESET Endpoint Security for more than five years.

The stability is great. It is perfect and effortless, which is why I like the solution. There is no need to involve oneself with this.

I suppose the solution is scalable, although I have no personal knowledge of this. I have never attempted to scale it.

I have contacted technical support on a couple of occasions. I simply call Auckland and they instruct me how to proceed. I am satisfied with the support. It is good.

The initial setup was completely simple.

It took all of a few minutes.

I handled the installation independently.

The solution requires nearly no maintenance. There are only the regular updates, which it mostly handles on its own.

As is the general rule with anything, the solution could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

We started using the solution based on the recommendations of several friends of mine who have much familiarity with computers and have simply continued to do so.

While I don't recall the exact figure, I believe there are seven or eight users making use of the solution. We use it on our server, as well.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security as a ten out of ten.

ESET Endpoint Security
September 2022
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Administrator at a engineering company with 11-50 employees
Beneficial central management, light on system resources, but detection speed could improve
  • "The solution is very lightweight and does not consume that much processor in terms of CPU utilization. The centralized management system is very good."
  • "The detection could be better in ESET Endpoint Security. Sometimes it takes time to detect threats and might be because it's not holding all the memory. There are some features that have to mature. More features might be available in the higher-end product."

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET Endpoint Security for system security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very lightweight and does not consume that much processor in terms of CPU utilization. The centralized management system is very good.

What needs improvement?

The detection could be better in ESET Endpoint Security. Sometimes it takes time to detect threats and might be because it's not holding all the memory. There are some features that have to mature. More features might be available in the higher-end product.

The cloud version of the solution could improve.

I have used ESET Endpoint Security within the last 12 months.

The stability of ESET Endpoint Security is above average but excellent.

The application updates are very good. They do not affect the performance of the PC. If the users have a medium-scale PC the solution operates very well. If the user's PCs have the latest processor and it is updated, they can use some other product. A faster PC does not get impacted by the software if it is heavier on resources.

We do not have plans to increase usage at this time. We are not using the solution extensively.

ESET Endpoint Security does not require any maintenance, it is done automatically.

We are always looking at new product technology innovation.

I have evaluated Sophos' solutions.

There is some antivirus software, such as McAfee when it is very difficult to install the software on some devices. When we patch or make some reports, it does not show them in the report. It's not communicating with the licensed software or a similar issue.

What other advice do I have?

Technology is growing and changing fast. People are working from home, and office, products should be capable of handling the office and the home environments. This is the challenge.

My advice to others wanting this type of solution is to check all the Endpoint Security solutions available. The threat signatures and sandbox features are good to have if there is an attack, they can detect them and give updates for their users. The faster the better. The cloud versions of threat detection solutions are very good and are really important.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a six out of seven.

Desktop Administrator at Volm Companies, Inc.
Its cost is hard to beat, and it is pretty much hands-off once you set it up
  • "The dashboard is useful for management, and its cost for the features is hard to beat."
  • "The update process can be improved, and there could be an automatic update process when a new version comes out. For system updates or program updates, there could be more automation."

What is our primary use case?

We are using ESET PROTECT for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is useful for management, and its cost for the features is hard to beat.

It is rather easy to use. It is pretty much hands-off once you get it set up on the machines. We've not had any issues, and it has been easy to maintain.

What needs improvement?

The update process can be improved, and there could be an automatic update process when a new version comes out. For system updates or program updates, there could be more automation.

I have been using this solution since I came to this organization. It has probably been 10 years.

We have not had any stability-related problems with it.

It is very scalable. In terms of its users, from senior management to production floor workers, we probably have 450 users.

In terms of usage, we're using the basics of it. There is probably more we could do. We're not utilizing it at 100%.

They've been very helpful anytime we've had an issue. They're easy to work with, and it's usually a straight phone call. Their online help and chat function have been good, but if an issue needs any more than that, a phone call has been very helpful.

We've had it since I've been here.

It was implemented before I got here, but its setup is straightforward.

As far as I know, it was implemented in-house. Its maintenance is pretty much handled by one person.

The bang for the buck is as good as I've seen out there.

It is just under $20 a user per year, and there are no additional costs. I would rate it a five out of five in terms of pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise looking at all the features and finding out which one is going to work for you.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

IT Security Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A generally good product with helpful support and quick bug fixes
  • "The stability is good."
  • "We do get false positives."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security. It's for software protection.

What is most valuable?

The integration is good with Elasticsearch.

It's a so-so product. It works okay.

When there are bugs, they get fixed quickly.

The stability is good.

Technical support has been very helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

It's not a top-ten product. However, it works fine.

The deployment could be a bit better. We'd like the possibility of a software install in the server segment as well as the user segment PC.

There tend to be a lot of bugs, although they do work to fix them.

We do get false positives.

I've been using the solution for six or seven months.

The solution does have a lot of bugs. the vendors try to do a good job to deal with them. They do a lot of updates and fixes. Otherwise, it is pretty stable.

We have 4,000 people using the solution currently. Various people from different departments are on it.

I've dealt with technical support and find them to be helpful.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We are using ESET on-premises, WatchGuard in a hybrid deployment, and Tenable.io as a cloud deployment.

In terms of similar solutions, I used to use CrowdStrike, and we use Cisco AMP. We've been using Symantec as well.

We would like the deployment to be a bit better.

However, I'm an IT specialist and don't deal with the setup. That's a different department. It was also set up before I arrived at the company.

I'm not sure if the deployment can be handled by one person or not. I'm not involved in the maintenance aspect.

The solution's cost is not something I have direct knowledge of. I don't deal with licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We're an ESET partner.

I'm using the latest version of the product right now.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. It's a very small product.

UpendraMakwana - PeerSpot reviewer
Presales Manager Fortinet, Cisco, PostMaster & Makerbot at Amity Infosoft Pvt Ltd
Light on system resources, highly stable and scalable
  • "The most valuable feature of ESET Endpoint Security is that it is light on resources. It has a very low impact on the system. It uses low memory and the setup size is very low."
  • "After we did the initial setup of ESET Endpoint Security, we had to inform users about popups. This solution comes with an in-built software firewall and there can be some popups coming. We must tell the user not to keep, allow, or block anything. That is the main issue on the user side we have faced. The user's experience may not be as good."

What is our primary use case?

I am using ESET Endpoint Security mainly for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for approximately five years.

ESET Endpoint Security is highly stable.

I rate the stability of ESET Endpoint Security a five out of five.

The scalability of ESET Endpoint Security is good. If customers want to add more licensing, they can increase them.

We have approximately 45 people using the solution at all levels in my company.

I rate the scalability of ESET Endpoint Security a five out of five.

The support is good ESET Endpoint Security. My engineers on occasion find the information they need online.

I was previously using Seqrite. Our internal team has done POC for ESET Endpoint Security and found many positive points. It was for an international company and the migration was simple.

After we did the initial setup of ESET Endpoint Security, we had to inform users about popups. This solution comes with an in-built software firewall and there can be some popups coming. We must tell the user not to keep, allow, or block anything. That is the main issue on the user side we have faced. The user's experience may not be as good.

We did the implementation of ESET Endpoint Security which took approximately  10 minutes to complete per system with two engineers.

ESET Endpoint Security is valuable for the money spent because it is lightweight on the system. We don't need to upgrade existing systems or resources, such as CPUs and memory. If there is an older system, it can run efficiently or function as required.

The price of  ESET Endpoint Security is affordable.

I rate the price of ESET Endpoint Security a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

Heber Ramirez - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Infrastructure at Almo
Robust, user-friendly and offers good technical support
  • "Technical support has been very good. They are helpful and responsive."
  • "We would like to see more options in the help menu for users."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing the security of the endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The product is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and understand how to access its features is simple.

Overall, we've enjoyed using the product. It's been good.

The pricing is quite fair. It's not too expensive. We don't have any complaints.

We've found the customization to be very good.

It's not hard to integrate other products.

The stability has been very good. We haven't had any issues so far.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not a complex process.

Technical support has been very good. They are helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more options in the help menu for users. If they had more information there to help us troubleshoot or answer specific questions, that would be helpful.

I've been using the solution for four years or so.

The stability is very good. We haven't had any issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very robust.

I've never tried to scale the solution. We have never needed to scale the solution out and therefore never researched that aspect.

We have about 50 people on the solution currently.

Technical support has been very good. We find them to be knowledgeable and responsive. We're quite satisfied with their help we receive.

The initial setup is not difficult. It's very, very easy.

The deployment doesn't take very long. Normally, we take two or three months or so to handle the implementation from beginning to end.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We are not a partner or reseller. We don't have a special relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using at this time.

I'd recommend this solution to other organizations.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a nine. We've been quite happy with its capabilities.

Hybrid Cloud
IT manager at Ars del Ecuador
A scalable and stable solution that meets our needs and is working well
  • "All of our devices are integrated with the solution."
  • "The new versions only support no operative systems in Mac and do not support operative systems."

What is our primary use case?

We only use Endpoint Server.

What is most valuable?

Endpoint Security currently meets our needs. We are implementing a cyber-security process. After doing a lab analysis, we determined we have one more we need to implement.

All of our devices are integrated with the solution. It is working so well that we renewed the contract for two more years.

What needs improvement?

When we rule a scanner process on the heart risk, it is very slow and overloads the machine. It would be beneficial if we could run a back process.

I would like to see more listings added in the next release of ESET Endpoint. The new versions only support no operative systems in Mac and do not support operative systems.

We have been using ESET Endpoint Security for two years.

The solution is stable.

ESET Endpoint Security is scalable, the performance can be increased. We have 500 people, including Managers and the IT team, using the solution.

The product requires eight specialists to deploy and maintain.

Customer service and support are very helpful for us. When we have a problem, they help us immediately.

We have also used Kaspersky, but it was very slow.

The initial setup was easy for us. Our team has the tools and experience to manage implementation. It took 10 days to deploy throughout the enterprise.

It is difficult to measure ROI as we do not know what we could have lost without implementing ESET Endpoint Security. What we do know is that we do not have any attacks, and that is very important.

The pricing of ESET Endpoint Security is within the market pricing. We have an annual license.

Before selecting ESET Endpoint Security, we evaluated Panda, McAfee, and Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend ESET Endpoint Security to anyone considering implementing this product.

ESET Endpoint is a nine out of 10 overall.

Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022