IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Digital.ai Agility OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Digital.ai Agility is #2 ranked solution in top Value Stream Management Software, #5 ranked solution in top Release Automation tools, #10 ranked solution in top Enterprise Agile Planning Tools, and #11 ranked solution in top Application Lifecycle Management Suites. PeerSpot users give Digital.ai Agility an average rating of 10 out of 10. Digital.ai Agility is most commonly compared to Jira: Digital.ai Agility vs Jira. Digital.ai Agility is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Digital.ai Agility?

Enterprise business agility rests on agile planning that scales and has the flexibility needed to meet the needs of customers and the market. Digital.ai Agility enables organizations to scale up agile from the team level across the product portfolio, improve collaboration and efficiency, and deliver software that provides more value.

Digital.ai Agility was previously known as VersionOne Lifecycle, VersionOne, CollabNet VersionOne, Digital.ai Continuum.

Digital.ai Agility Customers

Siemens Health Services (HS), Cerner Corporation, Aaron's, Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta, Kelley Blue Book, AOL, Axway, Tideworks, bwin Interactive Entertainment, AG, Intergraph, Eos Group, PeopleCube, Liquid Machines

Digital.ai Agility Video

Archived Digital.ai Agility Reviews (more than two years old)

Director of Agile Development Solutions at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Allows my clients to have one central tool to manage their agile projects
  • "It allows my clients to have one central tool to manage their agile projects."
  • "Improve how to create and track releases. Currently, I have to create child projects."

What is our primary use case?

As an Agile coach, I have recommended the use of VersionOne to several clients.  Being the Agile coach, I work with clients to help them install it into their local environment, then conduct an initial administration to the application. Afterward, I help them use it to manage their Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe implementations.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows my clients to have one central tool to manage their agile projects. It provides the necessary metrics for reporting.  VersionOne delivers a total ALM solution for whether you are operating a single team, like Scrum and Kanban for IT operations, or implementing an agile enterprise approach, like SAFe.

What is most valuable?

The team room feature is excellent for conducting DSUs.  Another great feature is the "what if" capability to evaluate how the project forecast may change if you modify scope or resources.  VersionOne ALM Connect plugin is very helpful for filling data in from other tools that your client may already be using, like HPE Quality Center.

What needs improvement?

Improve how to create and track releases. Currently, I have to create child projects.
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Digital.ai, Atlassian, Microsoft and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: June 2022.
607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

More than five years.

I have never had a problem with stability or reliability of the application.  I have used both the cloud and locally installed versions and never seen any issues.

It comes out of the box ready to support all levels of SAFe.

Customer service/Technical support for this product has been very good unlike some other tools support.

Before using VersionOne we tracked our Agile projects in the traditional fashion using index cards on a board.

I find the set up fairly straight forward.    Like any tool you have to learn the quirks with it and where to find the things you are looking to admin.    It does have a import option that is great but does require some knowledge how the import works.

While all of my installs have been in-house when we have needed support they have been very knowledgeable.

Given the higher entry price it could take a couple of years to see the ROI captured

Many people like JIRA because of its low capex but the entry level JIRA lacks some key capabilities and thus you have to obtain additional plugins to get JIRA to do what you may want it to.    This all increases the opex of JIRA.    VersionOne has a higher entry price (capex) but it comes out of the box with everything you need.      As for installation I find VersionOne quite easy to setup.

I have used JIRA, HPALM, and Rally as well as VersionOne.    I am evaluating the use of Agile Craft or Metranome as a possible alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend VersionOne but would also recommend looking at Agile Craft as an alternative.
Download our free Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Report and find out what your peers are saying about Digital.ai, Atlassian, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: June 2022