We use VxBlock mainly for the OLTP workload, so all online transaction processing and most of the daily transactional application servers system. So VxBlock can take care of all our call databases each year and covers most of the customers we have using that system. We also went ahead and connected the other systems like HPU on Twitch.
Dell VxBlock System is #3 ranked solution in top Converged Infrastructure tools. PeerSpot users give Dell VxBlock System an average rating of 8 out of 10. Dell VxBlock System is most commonly compared to Dell Vscale Architecture: Dell VxBlock System vs Dell Vscale Architecture. Dell VxBlock System is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Dell VxBlock System OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Dell VxBlock System OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Converged Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022
What is Dell VxBlock System?
VxBlock and Vblock Systems simplify all aspects of IT and enable organizations to achieve better business outcomes faster. Seamlessly integrating enterprise-class compute, network, storage and virtualization technologies from industry leaders Cisco, Dell EMC, and VMware, VxBlock and Vblock Systems, powered by Intel Xeon processors, deliver the world's most advanced converged infrastructure: engineered, manufactured, managed, supported and sustained as one, allowing you to focus on your business.
The Dell EMC Converged Systems portfolio offers choice, flexibility, and reliability for accelerating IT transformation - VxBlock System offers additional levels of flexibility with a choice of network virtualization from VMware NSX or Cisco ACI.
Dell EMC VxBlock System Will Help You:
- Protect and consolidate your high-value workloads
- Deliver cloud operations faster
- Simplify life cycle management
- Simplify operations
- Modernize IT
- Protect critical business data
With Dell EMC VxBlock System You Can:
- Automate key processes
- Move to a VMware-based private or hybrid cloud model
- Gain ongoing validation for technologies across the stack
- Mix and match SAN/LAN switches, different storage arrays, blade and rack servers, and more
- Reduce patching and upgrade efforts using a turnkey system
Dell EMC VxBlock System Features:
- Native data protection: Dell EMC’s data protection suite includes backup and recovery, centralized management, and replication.
- Cisco C-Series servers: Dell EMC VxBlock System is now integrated with Cisco UCS C-Series rack servers, including the C220 and C240 in the M4 and M5 server lines.
- Server scalability boost: You can increase server scalability by approximately 56%.
- Storage mix: Dell EMC’s VxBlock System gives you the ability to mix four different types of storage arrays (Unity, VMAX, XtremIO, Isilon). It also includes multiple all-flash storage options (Unity 350F, 350F, 550F, 650F), and more.
- Data center efficiency: The solution simplifies lifecycle assurance - which reduces time spent managing upgrades - and it can also reduce rack space and lower power costs.
- Simpler RCM compliance: You will have simpler RCM compliance and your upgrades will feature an RCM dashboard showing the release level status of all components; You will also have access to RCM compliance score, RCM summary and detail reports, and RCM pre-positioning.
- Deep CI context KPI metrics This feature includes capacity reporting and performance analytics with historical perspective.
- Advanced, real-time CI-level alerting Dell EMC VxBlock System’s alerting feature includes operational state alerts, performance alerts, call home alerts, custom alerts and alert forwarding.
Dell EMC VxBlock System Benefits:
- Manage more efficiently
- Reduce operational risk
- Simplify upgrades and assure compliance
- Focus more on added-value projects
- Be more agile
- Reduce OPEX
- Proactively manage workload health
- Improve capacity planning
- Resolve incidents and problems faster
Reviews from Real Users:
“It's a highly optimized piece of equipment that doesn't give us any problems." - Architect at a manufacturing company
"It's at least 99 percent problem-free because it's factory-built. So from an informational point of view, everyone trusts that VxBlock has been tested well at the factory and has been configured to their requirements.” - General Manager, Enterprise Technical Solution at a tech services company
"The monitoring and management parts are the most valuable. Monitoring is specifically valuable because you have one console to monitor everything. This console is called Vision.” - Data center Manager at a financial services firm
Dell VxBlock System was previously known as VxBlock, VCE VxBlock System, Dell EMC VxBlock, VxBlock 1000.
Dell VxBlock System Customers
Atos, Canadian Pacific, IDS, City of Denton, CenturyLink, BNP Paribas, Asyaport, EDF, CSC, Fox Sports, Insight, Hunter, KPIT, Paetec, Rosetta Stone, Sonda, Switch, Xerox
Dell VxBlock System Video
Dell VxBlock System Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Dell VxBlock System pricing:
"Its price is high. That's why people are now moving to hyper-converge."
Dell VxBlock System Reviews