Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Delinea Privileged Access Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Delinea Privileged Access Service is #9 ranked solution in top Enterprise Password Managers and #10 ranked solution in top Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools. PeerSpot users give Delinea Privileged Access Service an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Delinea Privileged Access Service is most commonly compared to CyberArk Privileged Access Manager: Delinea Privileged Access Service vs CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. Delinea Privileged Access Service is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.

Download the Privileged Access Management (PAM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Delinea Privileged Access Service?

Delinea Privilege Service provides all of your IT administration teams with secure, granular access to infrastructure regardless of location, and without the hassles of a VPN.
Secure browser-based access Authorized IT users launch management sessions for resources directly from the Privilege Service portal. Sessions use SSH and RDP protocols, and are always protected end-to-end.

Access across organizational boundaries Privilege Service enables you to authenticate your IT users through Active Directory, LDAP Cloud Directory, or Google G Suite
Directory. You can use one or any combination of these identity stores to grant granular access to employees, business partners and outside vendors.

Grant access to specific resources Unlike a VPN, Privilege Service enables you to grant access to
resources on a on a per-resource basis. This means that you can easily give your internal IT admins access to as much of your infrastructure as necessary, while limiting access by an outsourced
team to only the servers and network hardware their business role or IT function requires.

Access from any location Your IT admins can log in and securely access resources from any location that can reach the Privilege Service. For user logins outside the corporate network, you can require Delinea's built-in multi-factor authentication for security stronger than a user name and password.

Delinea Privileged Access Service was previously known as Centrify Privileged Access Service, Centrify Zero Trust Privilege Services, Centrify Zero Trust Privilege, Centrify Infrastructure Services, Centrify Server Suite, Centrify Privilege Service.

Delinea Privileged Access Service Customers

Boeing, Citi, Credit Suissw, Delta, Duke Energy, FDIC, GE Capital, Harvard University, Johnson & Johnson, Major League Baseball, Michelin, Microsoft

Delinea Privileged Access Service Video

Delinea Privileged Access Service Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Delinea Privileged Access Service pricing:
"The product comes at a very good price and it's quite competitive, although you need to buy add-ons for certain things."

Delinea Privileged Access Service Reviews

Technical Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Inbuilt password vault, good auditing features, and integrates well with other vendors
  • "The reporting is excellent."
  • "Although the interface is intuitive, it could be a little more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

This product is primarily used for Privileged Access Management and Identity Access Management. You can manage all of your service accounts through Delinea. For example, if you start services on Windows, you can manage that using this solution.

It provides remote logins whereby everyone can log in safely while remote, so it's a work-from-home solution as well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is auditing. That's a big plus.

The Privileged Credential Management feature is a password vault and they integrate with a lot of other vendors.

The integration with other vendors is another big plus.

The reporting is excellent.

What needs improvement?

Although the interface is intuitive, it could be a little more user-friendly.

I have been working with Delinea Privileged Access Service for five years.

Privileged Access Management (PAM)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Delinea, CyberArk, BeyondTrust and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: September 2022.
634,775 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability and performance are excellent.

As an example, if you run into problems with authentication then you can just create a new connector. That said, it's very stable. You can theoretically leave it to run on it's own for months but that's obviously not the idea because you need to check if there are any breaches or any other issues in your environment.

This product is easy to scale. Once you've set it up and everything is installed correctly, you can just plug in new systems and new environments. It can scale to thousands of servers quite easily.

Delinea is suitable for any size of company, from small to large.

Their technical support is very good. If you run into problems with the deployment, for example, then they will help you with that.

I have experience with a few privileged access service solutions. One of them is CyberArk, although I haven't worked with it enough to say whether it's good or bad.

The main reason we chose Delinea is the ease of implementation. Initially, it's a lot of hard work, but then it's easy to work with and maintain. Once it's running, you can hand it over to someone whose job it is just to check the environment. They don't need to monitor the systems to ensure that Delinea is running properly.

As a security solution that accesses Active Directory, it's a complicated implementation process. For instance, this isn't something that you can do in five minutes. You have to do your homework and plan everything. However, if you plan everything well, then there aren't any major issues.

To get the system up and running, it's less than a week. You can download and install the software in five hours, but then comes the customization and configuring of the portal. Everything has to be done correctly. I'd say that after two days, you can start playing with everything.

For the most part, our deployment was done internally. With some of our issues, we had used the vendor. They provide manuals and the support is excellent, but most of the stuff, you can do yourself.

There is also a little bit of maintenance that you have to do. It is a cloud-based system but there are still underlying software applications installed in your servers that you have to maintain to make sure are working properly.

I am the only person that works on it in the company.

The price of this solution has come down quite a bit. Now that they have merged with Thycotic, the Thycotic Secret Server also comes included in the package.

Being in Africa, the cost is always an issue for our customers. This is one of the reasons that we recommend Delinea to them.

What other advice do I have?

I am not quite on the most recent version. However, I am busy upgrading so I soon will be.

It is difficult for me to think about what new features I would like to see because usually when we think of something that's missing, they assist us in getting it fixed.

There are a lot of features. For example, they have an API available, although I don't understand very much about it.

My advice for anybody who is looking to implement this product is to, first of all, check if it's a correct fit for you. Then, do your planning. Plan for all of the contingencies and then it should be fine. But again, if you run into problems, support is there to help you.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Other
Vera Ruivivar - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Security Risk and Compliance Manager at inspiro
A great solution for identification, utilizing local IDs and tracking inventory

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to utilize local IDs and fix up specific endpoints. In addition, we use the solution to identify the people using our service accounts and how they use them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the author's discovery of assets because it helps keep track of inventory. Currently, our inventory is managed manually, so the author discovery feature is beneficial.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be a notification when a password is near expiration because we have experienced multiple lockouts due to expired passwords.

We purchased the most recent version of Delinea Privileged Access Service recently and began using it in 2022. It is deployed on-premises.

It is a stable solution.

We believe the solution is scalable to an extent. However, its scalability depends on the server size.

We have had no problems with the support team. They get back to us within the agreed timeframe.

We had challenges during setup because it was deployed on-premises, and our system needed to adjust to the compatibility. Additionally, we were not expecting the storage to take up a lot of space at the onset, but we have made the necessary adjustments.

We implemented the tool through our vendor and in-house engineers.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten. My advice to others who are looking to start using this tool is to select the cloud version.

Download our free Privileged Access Management (PAM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Delinea, CyberArk, BeyondTrust, and more!
Updated: September 2022