Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

D-Link Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

D-Link Wireless is #12 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give D-Link Wireless an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. D-Link Wireless is most commonly compared to Huawei Wireless: D-Link Wireless vs Huawei Wireless. D-Link Wireless is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is D-Link Wireless?
D-Link Wireless offers a wide range of robust wireless Access Points (APs) operating in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, supporting the latest wireless standards including 802.11ac and 802.11n. These access points can be managed independently as standalone devices, or collectively by using Central Wi-Fi Manager, a free centralized controller software that can be installed on a Windows server or PC.

D-Link Wireless was previously known as D-Link WLAN.

D-Link Wireless Customers
Metropolitan Public Defender, Mission Motorcycles
D-Link Wireless Video

D-Link Wireless Pricing Advice

What users are saying about D-Link Wireless pricing:
  • "D-Link pricing is very competitive when you consider other OEMs."
  • "D-Link Wireless is cheaper than Ruckus or Cisco."
  • D-Link Wireless Reviews

Very good AP however Password restriction feature and their support system needs improvement some time it's connect with password and without password too.
      • "Password restriction: Sometimes we set a password and it uses that password but, after some days/months, the password gets changed and a few laptops still use old the password while a few use the new password. The password restriction option needs to improve."
      • "Its interface and support system need much improvement. Sometimes, when we use the interface to reset the password and configure SSIDs, or some other changes, the "Save" option does not show and we have to go to some internal setting and then we can "save" the setting. The “Save” option should be in front of or below of the settings."
      • "Sometimes we configure the SSID with a password but the same AP shows two WiFi connections with the same SSID name (one is protected by a password and another one give access without a password)."

What is our primary use case?

We use the access points to provide internet connectivity to laptops, mobile phones, tablets, etc.

We are using leased-line connections through which internet connection is provided to different buildings, and through LAN connection or AP we extend the internet connection.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier, we used small WiFi which reset automatically and started distributing its own IP address. This stopped internet access connection and computers/laptops connecting from a different network. However, after using D-Link access points, this issue was eliminated.

What is most valuable?

It automatically accesses the network and starts to provide internet connection; it does not need to configure or create an issue like small WiFis. It's recommended to use for large or medium sized organizations.

What needs improvement?

1. Password restriction: Sometimes we set a password and it uses that password but, after some days/months, the password gets changed and a few laptops still use old the password while a few use the new password. The password restriction option needs to improve.
      2. Its interface and support system need much improvement. Sometimes, when we use the interface to reset the password and configure SSIDs, or some other changes, the "Save" option does not show and we have to go to some internal setting and then we can "save" the setting. The “Save” option must be in front of or below of the settings.
      3. Support system: Sometimes we urgently need help from the support center and ask for help many times. Either the call does not connect or it connects after a very long time. Also, at times we do not get proper support from the support Engineer.
      4. Sometimes we configure the SSID with a password but the same AP shows two WiFi connections with the same SSID name (one is protected by a password and another one give access without a password).
      September 2022
      Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Ubiquiti Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: September 2022.
      632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

9 Years approx.

Product is stable and work fine and does not reset and redistribute the IP address like small WiFi and easely onnect esaly with plug and ply functions.

The product is good but needs The improvement in order to password issues etc

Twice I contacted customer support experience was good but needs more improvement in order to customer support services.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Earlier we were using home-based WI-FI these wifi many time having password reset issues.

Just connect eh access point from Cat-6 or cat-5 cable it automatic take the IP Adress form server and start working just we have to set SSID password if you want to keep your AP password protected.

In-house, we have done that and didn't call the vendor.

For the School or small organization that could invest till 10K for a De-link AP, this is one of the good solutions.

We evolute form our Existing Wi-FI and that AP we found better from existing one

What other advice do I have?

D link support system must need to improve to help their users in order to resolve the issue quickly.

Presales Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
      A complete wireless solution that is competitively priced, but the technology needs to catch up with bigger vendors
      • "D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it."
      • "D-Link has some catching up to do in terms of advancing and improving its technology."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I am a wireless engineer. D-Link Wireless is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

The primary use case is access points in small business networks.

What is most valuable?

D-Link comes with a complete solution including wireless, switching, and static wiring. This is a big advantage because if you implement with other OEMs then you have to do these things separately.

The price of D-Link Wireless is very good, which is one major factor.

What needs improvement?

D-Link has some catching up to do in terms of advancing and improving its technology. For example, the bigger OEMs like Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba all have more advanced systems coming up.

I have been working with D-Link Wireless for perhaps one year.

This is a stable product.

Scalability is there and you can expand as needed.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I also have experience with Ubiquiti Wireless. The suitability of a product depends on our client's requirements. There are a lot of things to consider and we also want to meet the budget.

We recommend whatever product or vendor is best for them. This includes a comparison that is based on the design that we come up with for them.

We have an in-house team that deploys and maintains these products on behalf of our clients. We do support, as well.

D-Link pricing is very competitive when you consider other OEMs. I would say that it's on the lower to medium side. Everything is included in the price.

What other advice do I have?

D-Link is a good product that is quite affordable and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

September 2022
      632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
      VamsiKrishna2 - PeerSpot reviewer
      Software Trainee at Eidiko
      Good connectivity, expands well, and if largely reliable

What is our primary use case?

We've primarily been using it in our office for the LAN connection. It's for internet and server connections.

What is most valuable?

It's largely stable.

The connectivity is good.

What needs improvement?

The stability could be a bit better.

We've been using the solution for six months.

The solution has been mostly stable. It sometimes fluctuates, however, largely, it is good.

The solution can scale. It's not a problem.

We have 200 to 250 users.

I'm not sure if we have plans to increase usage right now.

I've never contacted technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

We did not previously use any other similar solution.

The admin team takes care of the installation. I wasn't a part of it. I can't speak to how easy or hard it is to execute.

We have seven team members that can handle deployment and maintenance tasks. They are admins and managers.

While we do have to pay for the solution, I don't have any of the details.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others. We've mostly been happy with it.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. Aside from some small stability issues, it's been good.

Branch Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
      Reseller
      Is scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage

What is most valuable?

It's scalable, user friendly, and easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The cloud managed solution needs improvement, and they should focus on the SD-WAN segment with regard to integration.

We have worked with it and deployed it in some projects the last couple of months.

It's scalable. We currently have more than 100 users in Pakistan.

Technical support is quite good. We also have a local team and engineers trained by D-Link. They provide customization support as well.

It's easy to install. My team took around one or two hours to deploy it. We have a team of five to six people trained by D-Link in our company.

D-Link Wireless is cheaper than Ruckus or Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and would rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Download our free Wireless LAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Huawei, Ubiquiti Networks, and more!
      Updated: September 2022