IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Coralogix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Coralogix is #3 ranked solution in top Anomaly Detection Tools, #10 ranked solution in Streaming Analytics tools, #15 ranked solution in top API Management tools, #19 ranked solution in Log Management Software, #19 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, and #20 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give Coralogix an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Coralogix is most commonly compared to Splunk: Coralogix vs Splunk. Coralogix is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
Coralogix Buyer's Guide

Download the Coralogix Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Coralogix?

Coralogix is a stateful streaming data platform that provides real-time insights and long-term trend analysis with no reliance on storage or indexing, solving the monitoring challenges of data growth in large-scale systems.

Ingest log, metric, and security data from any source for a single, centralized platform to monitor and alert on your applications. As data is ingested, Coralogix instantly narrows millions of events down to common patterns for deeper insights and faster troubleshooting. Proactive data storage optimization enables up to 70% savings on monitoring costs with better performance.

Coralogix Customers

Payoneer, AGS, Monday.com, Capgemini

Coralogix Video

Coralogix Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Coralogix pricing:
"We are paying roughly $5,000 a month."

Coralogix Reviews

Sr Director Of Engineering at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Good capabilities, has a helpful interface and is straightforward to set up
  • "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "We want it to work at what it is expected to work at and not really based on the updated configuration which one developer has decided to change."

What is our primary use case?

It's a login solution. We have a bunch of applications running in our cloud and all the logs with stalled applications and rates. We put those logs in Coralogix. Then we analyze those logs for various things, including alerts, data analysis, investigations, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

The overall capability of the platform and the kind of interface they have is excellent. The way I can query the data and pinpoint the issues, the kind of alerts they have, is so advantageous. The functionality is the most essential part for me.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

We have asked for a couple of features from the company already. What typically happens is a lot of people - and developers are one of the biggest consumers of this product - go to this product to optimize their investigation process and specific configurations. That increases our data flow at times, so the cost changes. And a lot of changes happen due to that. We have asked the company to auto-revert the changes after a while so that the system works typically. We want it to work at what it is expected to work at and not really based on the updated configuration which one developer has decided to change.

I’ve been using the solution for over a year.

Coralogix
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Coralogix. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. It’s reliable. There are no bugs or glitches, and it doesn’t crash or freeze.

The scalability is pretty good.

We have about 60 to 70 people using this product. The majority of the backend and seniors use it regularly.

Technical support is above average. They have been pretty fast and pretty supportive on issues.

In this company, this I the first solution used. Before this, we were using an in-house solution. However, I've previously used some solutions such as Splunk and Datadog, if I remember correctly. Functionality-wise, this product is more mature compared to them. Plus, there are additional capabilities For example, I can keep my cost in check. Certain functionality in these terms of cost control is better. Overall product, it is slightly better than other products which are used.

The solution is acceptably easy to set up. That said, of course, you need enough technical understanding to set it up.

The deployment took a while for us, almost a month, I would say. The majority of the things were not ready on our side, however. The product was ready from almost day one, yet it took us quite a while to collect all the logs, redirect them to Coralogix, and create the logs in a format which were possible to ingest in Coralogix. A lot of work on our side was needed initially. Any new company which is onboarding has to go through the same cycle. It’s a sizeable investment in terms of time if they the company is not ready to onboard. If they have already been a customer or have done similar work, at least it should be pretty straightforward and only take a few days.

We did the initial setup ourselves. It's a pretty straightforward process.

We are paying roughly $5,000 a month.

It is not a pay-as-you-go model and suddenly you pump in a lot of data and your cost blows up. I can have a monthly billing which is in my control. I can tweak around costs to reduce my cost and all that.

What other advice do I have?

I’m just an end-user.

Since we are using the cloud, we’re always using the latest solution version.

For any company getting onboarded to Coralogix or an equivalent solution for the first time, they need to do their in-house streamlining before they start working on this. It took us almost a month to streamline our systems and our processes to get onboarded. And during that time, we were just waiting to get onboarded. It's better to sort out internal things before you start looking at for a solution.

I’d rate the solution eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Senior data engeneer
Easy to use with good UI and a nice look and feel
  • "A non-tech person can easily get used to it."
  • "Maybe they could make it more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for metrics and reports.

What is most valuable?

It's been absolutely brilliant, I would say. It’s so easy to use and the UI and look and feel are great.

A non-tech person can easily get used to it. Obviously, a tech person finds it more useful and more helpful. However, even for analysts, or maybe some business person who just wants to see some metrics or reports, it is also helpful for them. It's pretty easy, quite useful.

The extensiveness of how we can drill down deeply into each and every index, each and every metric, is quite helpful. The drilling down and the detailed processes are aspects that I really like.

What needs improvement?

I couldn't find anything lacking. It's pretty much perfectly put together. From my side, I don't have any notes as of now for any improvements.

Maybe they could make it more user-friendly. Errors should be shown in terms of text.

I’ve used the solution for more than two years.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. Its performance is good and it is reliable. It doesn’t crash or freeze.

We have 600 to 700 people using the solution currently. It's mainly for the engineering department; for example, back-end engineering uses it a lot.

You can scale it up to as much as you need. They have their hard limit of one billion records, as an example; however, if you want to scale it, you can scale it quickly. There is no external effort you need to put in.

We likely won’t increase usage. We are pretty much okay with the users and the older system we have right now. We are already using it extensively for our alerting and reporting systems and everything.

Technical support is fantastic. They are happy to come on a Zoom call, or a required Teams call, or whatever. They can help you one-on-one. They have chat support systems, yet they are happy to get on the call at any time. I really appreciate their effort in that sense.

Before this, we were using Sumo Logic. It's in line with CoreLogix, however, CoreLogix is much better than them. They have more options and the UI is also easy to use.

The initial setup was straightforward. They have their own dedicated person who will help you if you need any help. The support team has their chat system as well. They have their live chat that can help you if you need them. It's pretty easy to use. You just you have to install one agent, and then it's pretty smooth from there.

The deployment itself hardly took a couple of hours.

They have their own team, if you need their help, they can help you.

I'm more often on the technical side. Licensing is done by the business team and then the legal team. I don't have any idea what the costs are.

What other advice do I have?

We are just end users.

I'm using the latest version of the product. They recently made changes in their UI almost six months ago. I'm using the latest version only.

Its deployment is basically third parties services. They have their own setup. They will create your account, and then you go there.

I’d recommend the solution to others. It'll be definitely easier for debugging, error tracking, reporting, and all those other tasks. It will definitely help.

I’d rate the solution nine out of ten.

Coralogix
August 2022
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Excellent support, great documentation, and an easy set up
  • "The solution offers very good convenience filtering."
  • "From my experience, Coralogix has horrible Terraform providers."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is mostly used for basic log monitoring, the sync of logs, log analyzing, log collection, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

Probably in comparison with other stuff like ELK and other sources, it's the best experience. Like Graylog, it's the best experience that they have had related to logs.

The solution offers very good convenience filtering.

You can group logs just from UI without writing any irregular expression, you just clear, make it two clicks, and they're automatically grouping. You can analyze the amount of work. For example, the alerting system is excellent. That provides different types of alerts, including the number of logs, time analyzing, comparing a previous period, et cetera.

It offers good documentation.

The setup is easy.

Support is helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

From my experience, Coralogix has horrible Terraform providers. For sure, it should be improved with the Terraform provider.

I’ve used the solution for one and a half years.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn’t crash or freeze.

In our cluster, it's up to a few thousand ports and steelwork collection working correctly. The scale there is good. I don't know much about really high scales. There are thousands of containers, however, on my scale, it's working properly.

We have up to 100 people, which include some staff monitors, that are using it all the time.

Support is great. They are helpful and responsive.

They are the greatest support team that I ever worked with, especially in comparison with AWS support’s premium tier and the Coralogix premium tier. Coralogix is a few times better than even AWS support.

You can compare this solution with Graylog and ELK. However, those are open-source solutions, so they're non-comfortable and require a lot of customization and knowledge from people who are working with them. You need to be able to write proper code so that not all people like it. Maybe New Relic Logs Collection is similar. The most crucial difference is that the New Relic solution requires more completion power from the backend.

It's basically straightforward to set up. The documentation is quite good and very helpful during the process. The support is there to assist as well.

I’m not sure how long ht deployment took. It's hard to say from my side as I'm more from the perspective of the SRE team, and it was deployed by developers, however, they know that it's quite a fast procedure.

I'm not familiar with pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I’m a customer and en-user.

We’re likely using the latest version of the solution. We get all of the updates.

I’d advise potential new users to try to find some optimization solution that wouldn't involve Terraform provider of Coralogix, since it's too difficult to use and almost impossible to maintain. Also, write proper logs since the amount of quota is strictly limited. If your logs are collecting something like user ID, it'll quickly use all the quota, and you should ask for an additional quota or go for an upper tier.

I’d rate the solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Coralogix Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022