IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Comindware Tracker OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Comindware Tracker?

Non-coding workflow software for business process modelling and management, automation of business operations, and workflow productivity boost. Minimize dependency on IT and allows non-technical users to design, run and modify Workflows with drag-and-drop simplicity.

A wide variety of workflow management solutions have been built with Comindware Tracker across all industries, departments, and workflow scenarios and brought transparency and accountability in businesses.

Key benefits of Comindware Workflow Software:

• Quick workflow setup with no IT resource required
  • On-the-fly changes to workflows, forms, and data
  • Easy implementation thanks to the Outlook-style interface
  • Unified Document and Data Management
  • Advanced analytics and reporting for effective Workflow Management
  • Cloud, on-premises and hybrid deployment

The Workflow Management system enables non-code addition and modification of workflows with no interruption to ongoing activities. It ensures quick-win implementation and reduces expenses.

Comindware Tracker Customers

Anthem, Hertz, Aetna, CVS Pharmacy, Covidien, Quicken Loans, Associated British Ports, United Card Services

Comindware Tracker Video

Archived Comindware Tracker Reviews (more than two years old)

Excellent task manager software - supports both management and workflow
  • "The ability to access Comindware Tracker from mobile has been greatly valuable to our organization. We are often out of office and this can create timeframe and task management issues. Being able to access tasks and time tracking while on the move is a great asset."
  • "The initial setup can be quite slow and finicky."

What is our primary use case?

Small law firm, each staff member has individual tasks with a requirement for some teamwork. Each employee must be responsible and accountable for their own tasks and timeframes. Delegation is often required between team members. Workflow is imperative and must be constant to ensure client satisfaction.

How has it helped my organization?

Excellent task manager software - supports both management and workflow. Time tracking is available and much used in our firm. Integration with Microsoft Outlook is also a great feature, along with the ability to access from mobile. Being able to use Comindware Tracker for common processes or standalone tasks for crucial in our decision to test the software. The software is flexible and computer-novice friendly, making training required minimal and efficient to implement.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be quite slow and finicky. I am still learning how to implement formulas for creating the 'rules' applicable. A walk-through video would be preferable however some one-click business application setups do assist with this in a wider range.
Helps improve our efficiency through a simple user interface, but a mobile application is needed
  • "This solution can be useful for tracking the different stages of projects and the people working on them."
  • "There are not very many report templates, and if there were more, it would really help."

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented the software for collaboration between our purchasing team and operations team. It has helped immensely with ensuring that both teams are in the loop about which orders, entered by the operations team, are pending and should be urgently looked into by our purchasing team.

How has it helped my organization?

Our purchasing team's efficiency and the productivity of our operations team have improved since implementing this solution. Its performance has exceeded our expectations. There are multiple functions for easy management of the workflow, as well as for connecting with all types of devices. Together, these features have helped to reduce the efforts of both of our teams.

What is most valuable?

• You don't need technical skills to develop, maintain, and update workflows.
  • The user interface looks great and navigation around it is simple.
  • It is easily accessible through any web browser.
  • Tracking the status of a workflow is very simple and fast.

What needs improvement?

• There is no mobile app.
  • There are not very many report templates, and if there were more, it would really help.
  • There are no contextual menus.
  • Sometimes requires that we refresh the page and restart the order.
  • Mobile Browser View: The Responsive view needs some improvement.

Six months.

What other advice do I have?

This solution can be useful for tracking the different stages of projects and the people working on them. Moving along and collaborating with the next person in the chain of events is made easier.

It's also useful for tracking different stages of the service process, as well as the technical hands that are making it happen. It enables them to collaborate better and ultimately get their work done faster.

It's very useful for us in terms of tracking the status between the purchasing and operations teams, and it has enabled easy tracking of resolutions to queries and issues.

Business Process Management (BPM)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Comindware, IBM, Intellect and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Easy to navigate and great for keeping everybody in the loop
  • "Customize workflow processes visually and interactively."
  • "This solution lacks API integration with some popular websites."

What is our primary use case?

Comindware is great for workflow management. It's user-friendly and trustworthy. You don't need technical skills to develop, maintain and update workflows. Using the intuitive web-based user interface of the visual workflow builder, you can design and set up workflows.

Comindware Tracker is a good fit to streamline heavy and nonlinear workflows of information. Especially for workflows with multiple collaborators who input information and several approvers that require a lot of back and forth.

How has it helped my organization?

In my department, this software is extremely useful. It is great for keeping everybody in the loop. Projects are also released much more quickly and efficiently for production. We have implemented the collaboration software between our support team and the operations team.

What is most valuable?

The user interface looks great and it's simple to navigate around. You do not have to be a genius in coding to use it. Customize workflow processes visually and interactively. In addition, excellent customer service and technical support. Great value for the money.

What needs improvement?

This solution lacks API integration with some popular websites. It would be helpful to have more documentation about setup and use.

It might be possible to improve reporting. Creation of reports is ok, but templates for reporting would help a lot. Some improvement is needed for automated emails.

More than one year.

They have excellent customer service and technical support.

We didn't have a different solution.

Web-form and workflow creation are super easy.

This is a reasonable price. Can manage all within my budget.

The licensing is also easy.

We evaluated a few different solutions, including Wrike.

What other advice do I have?

The Outlook Workflow Tool is another one of my favorite tools. This feature really helped me keep a close eye on my workflow.

Client Account Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Efficiency has improved with the standardization of our business processes
  • "The most valuable feature is that any non-technical personnel can easily work on the solution, redefining processes and creating drag and drop workflows according to the department or cross-department needs."
  • "The UX/UI could be reviewed and revamped to meet new the criteria of Digitalization and Innovation."

What is our primary use case?

We use Comindware Tracker to improve collaboration and standardize communication among team members.

We have been using Comindware Tracker in our own department to build and solve problems regarding process management, task management, and workflow definition. This is an important element for us in order to standardize our business processes, keep track of them, and automate as much as possible. Using this solution has enabled us to address issues with respect to a lack of data and process standardization, as well as avoiding high-effort manual tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization in the following ways:

• Process Improvement
  • Operational efficiency improvement
  • Analysis lead time reduction
  • Improved decision-making process
  • Lean mindset

What is most valuable?

Siloed working and non-standardized processes are very common aspects of any company.

Comindware tracker workflows and business process management features allow easy and straightforward design and representation of processes, helping to standardize activities across areas, identify bottlenecks and time constraints, and serve as a valuable input for lean management and process improvement.

The most valuable feature is that any non-technical personnel can easily work on the solution, redefining processes and creating drag and drop workflows according to the department or cross-department needs.

What needs improvement?

There are two key topics which could be improved in this product:

1. The UX/UI could be reviewed and revamped to meet new the criteria of digitalization and innovation. Structure of functionalities and general storyline/rational of the solution could be reviewed.
  2. There are not many report templates to be used; the list of available templates could be improved and expanded. The solution should take advanced of advanced analytics to provide a rich and compelling set of dashboards with metrics and useful insights.

This is a very stable and mature product, and I have not yet found any errors.

I find that this solution is very scalable and mature, being flexible as well (mobility-based).

I find that technical support is very professional and skilled. Good to interact with.

We did not use a different solution prior to this.

The implementation of this solution is very easy, it took us less than three months.

We used an in-house implementation team.

Standardizing our business processes has lead to a drastic improvement in efficiency.

We evaluated the BPM BizAgi solution in addition to this one.

What other advice do I have?

Comindware Tracker is really in an upper class due to the great UX/UI, easy features, and mobile flexibility. It is well aligned with the new digital and innovative solutions that are being demanded by the market. Therefore, I really believe they are uniquely positioned in the market of BPM and Workflow Management.

So far, we have no issues to raise. I am a very experienced IT resource with more than ten years of experience, and I find this solution is outstanding.

Ananthi Nachimuthu - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Writer at Skava
Enables us to manage multiple separated teams if they need to work together on a single project
  • "The feature I have found most valuable is the easy synchronization with other tools."
  • "If your organization has only a few team members then this tool is not suitable."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this tool is managing multiple separated teams if they need to work together on a single project. Workflows are shared easily among team members.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool is used across the entire development team for workflow management. With little training, any non-technical member can use it.

What is most valuable?

The feature I have found most valuable is the easy synchronization with other tools. It also provides an easy interface. There are multiple features for workflow management, connecting with all types of devices, etc. Overall, it reduces team effort.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be changed to be responsive. Cost of the product can also be reduced. No other suggestions to incorporate.

Less than one year.

With respect to stability, in our experience, we have seen less than fifteen failures.

In terms of scalability, I feel that this is a good option for large teams.

Prior to this solution, we used Confluence. We switched for more flexibility and features.

The initial setup was easy.

We implemented this solution in-house.

Our return of investment with this solution is good.

This solution has a very lost cost.

We did not evaluate other options before settling on this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is an excellent workflow management tool.

Abdul Samad Irfan Shaik - PeerSpot reviewer
Java Consultant at Liquidhub India Private Limited
Enables the seamless addition and changing of data and processes with no interruption to our business operations
  • "The configurable dashboard analytics and reporting capabilities ensure timely decision making."
  • "The initial setup seemed a bit complex, and there is no great documentation."

What is our primary use case?

This application has been used across all of the organization for better and faster software development. It is used to design and launch our business applications with a drag and drop interface instead of coding.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has solved a lot of our business problems, including the purchase of additional software for generating web forms and records. This enables the seamless addition and changing of data and processes with no interruption to our business operations.

What is most valuable?

It is a great workflow management tool. The best part for us is its "low code approach", which means that we start with simple cases and grow as needed. Full support for the agile methodology is an additional benefit.

The configurable dashboard analytics and reporting capabilities ensure timely decision making. It includes a drag and drop interface to configure your data and processes.

The design of the software is pretty straightforward. Comindware has fully open web APIs, and it is enabled with unified security and administration across the entire application dashboard. Data is exchanged bidirectionally, as it is enabled through the Enterprise Service Bus.

The Comindware Digital Workspace ensures that all tasks, data, and communications are easily accessible to team members. The customer and partner self-service portal provides real-time access to external data and statistics.

Very great software for a small budget. The time and workflow maintenance efforts are reduced, and it saves a lot of time in project implementation. The workflow and business process are transparent and smooth.

What needs improvement?

Commindware is a bit complex and is difficult to understand. This is because everything we need to buy is here. We would like documentation that is helpful for setup and usage of the application.

The Open API is great, but more could be done in my opinion. It lacks out-of-the-box integration with popular web services. We are expecting this change in the next build or release.

Three to five years.

Comindware has great stability when compared to that of the other products on the market. If there are small changes in the other products then Comindware makes enhancements and gives us a new version. It is a great software tool for the entire enterprise, including business applications.

The application is very flexible and can be used across the entire organisation for better implementation of various workflows.

The customer support is fast and responsive, but it could still be improved. Sometimes there is a customer support delay. Improving this would make for a better experience.

Prior to using Comindware, we were completely relying on Google Gmail, which is a very manual and time-consuming process. We felt it was better to switch, and we found Comindware.

Prior to using this product, we used dotProject. It looks and works similarly to Comindware, but Comindware comes with the latest features. It helps very well with project management, and the workflow process is very easy and fast. Using dotProject, the application maintenance seemed to be harder and more costly.

The initial setup seemed a bit complex, and there is no great documentation. It was a bit difficult to identify things in the setup process. We are looking forward to Comindware giving complete documentation, in terms of the setup and usage, in the near future.

We implemented this solution with an in-house team.

It has very great software for a small budget.

Regarding the setup process, it needs better documentation. This will help us to understand the procedure and other features of the application. There is a bit of complexity to using the Comindware tracker, as it lacks documentation. This is something that we are expecting in the near future.

Apart from that, the cost is low and it fits all of the company's requirements. The pricing and licensing is as per market standards, except that the process of extending licenses is also easy.

Prior to using this solution we tried dotProject. After using this and checking with various other vendors, we feel that Comindware is one of the best applications to fit our needs and business style.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great tool that I would recommend to all organizations for maintaining a better workflow management process. I recommend that everybody go with Comindware, as it is simple, secure, and fast.

reviewer1053042 - PeerSpot reviewer
User at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is our primary use case?

Ease of use is a big plus. Timely notifications make sure we don't miss anything. Also, since it can be used via any web browser, the headache of setup is saved.

How has it helped my organization?

• It has reduced the cost of training people as hardly any coding knowledge is required.
  • Repeated tasks have been automated easily.

What is most valuable?

The best part is no coding is required. Hence it's extremely easy to understand. Usage with the non-technical team has reduced the need for commercial training of the workforce.

What needs improvement?

A mobile app will be a big plus. Also, more API integration with popular websites will be more helpful.

Very stable. More than 98% time stable. It crashed one or two times, but I'm not sure if it was because of the software or internal computer configuration.

I think it's easily scalable. Ive never faced any problem in this aspect.

Will give them 4/5. I don't need to use tech support much in any case.

Comindware Tracker is more easy to use as compared to Zoho. Bug tracking and requirement tracking is more flexible compared to Zoho. Coordinating and processing real-time reports is a bit easier than Zoho. Zoho has a mobile app also so that's the only plus for Zoho as far as I can tell.

It was straightforward. I didn't face any problem.

The in-house team helped with it.

I saved a lot of money. People don't need to go through additional training for its use.

It is very cost effective. There's no need for training your workforce which will be very helpful in the long run.

It was suggested by colleagues who have used it earlier. Reviews were very rave, so we decided to opt for it.

What other advice do I have?

I have found it very easy to use. It has automated a lot of repeatable tasks for us.

Jonathan Kenson - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Intelligence Consultant at EffHaul, Inc.
It gives a lot of configurations and business rules to the administrators

What is our primary use case?

We are using Comindware Tracker to build and run custom workflow apps across the company. We have already automated a bulk of routine workflows like SLA tracking, document approvals, client request management, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled us to quickly build end-to-end management of back-office workflows and automate a number of manual steps.

What is most valuable?

Comindware Tracker gives a lot of configurations and business rules to the administrators, and these can also be delegated to business users so that they could build and maintain their own step-based workflows. No coding required.

What needs improvement?

It lacks workflow samples, which would make it even easier for non-technical users to build their own apps.

Mike Incavo - PeerSpot reviewer
Account Manager at Zintel Public Relations
The clean interface, prioritization, and private task lists are features not present in other solutions

What is our primary use case?

I have been testing different project management solutions for our firm, and Comindware Tracker offers unique functionality when compared with other tested solutions. Other solutions are difficult for us to master and utilize. Comindware Tracker features a clear layout with a clean, professional interface that people can use with ease.

How has it helped my organization?

Project management software helps me keep track of complete and incomplete tasks.

What is most valuable?

The clean interface, prioritization, and private task lists aren't present in other solutions.

What needs improvement?

Figuring out how to integrate defined teams or groups into this system is difficult, and there are no contextual menus.

Trial/evaluations only.
CEO, Business Process Automation Expert at WFA Consulting Group
This software added transparency to our workflows

What is our primary use case?

Comindware Tracker is being used to track the full lifecycle of our service from managing offer requests which come through a web form, then processing a service request and managing service delivery. This workflow management and collaboration tool adds a tremendous amount of transparency to our consultation and research process. It allows for successful management of hand-offs which are necessary between different teams.

How has it helped my organization?

This software added transparency to our workflows. It helped with increasing throughput of clients and their satisfaction.

What is most valuable?

Comindware Tracker make it easy to tweak workflows and forms, so users could easily optimize without breaking stride. It successfully routes hand-offs between different teams, adds transparency to workflows, and has a set of social collaboration tools.

What needs improvement?

The OpenAPI is good, but it is not enough. It lacks out-of-box integrations with popular web services.

Pavel Grebeshkov - PeerSpot reviewer
SEO Manager at Familoop at a tech vendor
Allows nontechnical employees to do most of the work themselves, such as forms, rules, and workflows

What is our primary use case?

We use both SharePoint and Comindware Tracker side by side. It replaces SharePoint Designer for non-technical heads of departments and radically improves workflow capabilities of SharePoint. Comindware Tracker allows non-technical users to build  their own workflows and correct them in the course of work, delivers flexibility, and reduces workflow maintenance cost – there’s no more need to engage IT-department, when a head of department realizes that workflow should be adjusted as soon as possible.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, it took one to two weeks for a capital expenditure request for the whole approval process. Now, it's for two to three days, including all the necessary discussions.

What is most valuable?

• Easy deployment
  • Simple to modify and agile
  • Centralized web portal available via any desktop or mobile browser
  • Good customer service and technical support

What needs improvement?

It would be wonderful to have preintegration with more third party web services, in addition to MS Outlook and SharePoint. Comindware has already added this request to their road map.

Three to five years.

After your workflow is up and running, it's good. No problems.

No issues.

Customer service is very good. They respond quickly and treat your case with care.

It is also good. The support guys know the product and resolve common questions quickly. However, if you have a not so common issue, it might take time to get a final solution.

Previously, we used MS SharePoint and it was taking too much time to design and implement every new process. Comindware Tracker allows nontechnical employees to do most of the work themselves, such as forms, rules, and workflows. With Comindware Tracker, you can begin and move ahead at low costs.

Comindware Tracker is a cloud-based product, so initial setup is very easy. Some complex things come if you need integrations, but the Comindware team helps.

The first deployment steps were executed by the Comindware team. We were viewing and learning, and pretty quickly we increased our participation. Now, we maintain and handle Comindware Tracker ourselves. Sometimes, we contact Comindware technical support.

It got evidently easier and quicker to build and run new workflows. There’s no more need to have dedicated employees for this work.

Setup cost is comparably low. Price per user and it's good value for money. Licensing is simple, you choose between two options depending on your needs.

ProcessMaker and KISSFLOW.

What other advice do I have?

It is very intuitive and easy to use. Integration with MS Outlook and SharePoint are done through a wizard. If you need other integration scenarios, it will take more time and effort to implement it via the open Comindware Tracker API.

Operations Manager at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
This software helps me to increase team productivity day-by-day
  • "The workflow tracker helps us to track our staff's workflow. It helps us to improve the productivity of our team."
  • "I love this software because this software helps me to increase team productivity day-by-day.​"
  • "​It was easy to set up my team with access credentials to their files.​"
  • "It provides a scalable solution that should allow me to grow my company without too much fuss or further set up required."
  • "I am expecting new updates to improve the software."

What is our primary use case?

I used this workflow management software in my company to track my staff and their activities.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

This software is perfect for me needing to track workflow time or give access to workflow task breakdowns. I also love how budget-friendly Comindware Tracker is.

The Team Collaboration features are really awesome! Also, the others features are really great.

What needs improvement?

I have no issues at all.

I am expecting new updates to improve the software.

No issues.

No, I did not use another solution in the past.

It was easy to set up my team with access credentials to their files.

It is a great software and the price is so reasonable.

I benefit from this software by getting a variety of reporting options and features for a relatively low cost. These are helpful for my company.

Everything is clear. Just contact the customer support of the company.

Sr. SEO & Marketing Executive at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Any user can learn and start using the application quickly
  • "This software makes it so easy and enjoyable to work with the team. Any user can learn and start using the application quickly."
  • "We are using the backdated version of this software. That is why we lack of some features. I hope when we update the version, then all the problems will be solved."

What is most valuable?

This software makes it so easy and enjoyable to work with the team. Any user can learn and start using the application quickly. It saves me a lot of time since my staff adopt a new software faster. Additionally, it is the efficiency that we have gained thanks to the unique and powerful tools for customer management with Comindware Tracker. This engine made the work of our staff easier and more efficient.

What needs improvement?

Obviously, this software is great. However, we are using the backdated version of this software. That is why we lack of some features. I hope when we update the version, then all the problems will be solved.

Owner & CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Gave us fully-transparent automated workflow with travel management and reporting, which improved our efficiency
  • "Low code development."
  • "I would like them to offer a one-time payment plan that one can choose."

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Low code development
  • Professional support

How has it helped my organization?

We got transparency of workflows, and it got easy to check a number of instances of the workflow in flight. For example, sales people travel management went from an email saying who needs business trip arrangements and when, then hoping all the necessary things got arranged: airfare booked, hotel and car reserved, product examples shipped, and more. Comindware Tracker took us from a blind email to fully-transparent automated workflow with travel management and reporting, and improved efficiency, as well as making continuous workflow improvement possible.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to offer a one-time payment plan that one can choose.

Two years.

It was straightforward.

Not much. If minor issues happen, technical support takes care of it quickly.

No issues.

Customer service is good. My assessment of technical support is excellent. We deliver premium technical service with SLAs.

It was straightforward, like it must be for any common web-based tool setup and deployment.

In-house IT-team implemented the workflow tool.

We expected more transparency, lower risks. and quicker workflow. It repaid our investment with usage.

Setup cost is reasonable and average on the market. They offer simple licensing and price per user.

Head of IT department at a government
It made my everyday routine a lot easier by reducing workflow fail risks
  • "It is perhaps the most user-friendly web forms automation software. At least, I did not find anything better while testing several others similar to it."
  • "It would be wonderful to have newer version releases more frequently, but it is quite a minor con."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We use Comindware Tracker for web forms automation. Web forms are suggested to our clients and subcontractors, and they submit a wide range of requests via these forms. Comindware Tracker catches all the data, including attached documents and triggers which appropriate workflow. I personally enjoy its graphical builders for both web forms and workflow. It makes my routine work more effectively. With Comindware Tracker, you can create online forms right within the web browser. Recently, Comindware released a newer version of Comindware Tracker and it became possible to add a list of objects in web forms, which is pretty useful. I have updated our purchase request forms. It also delivers a visual workflow builder, so you can also easily model a workflow and automate your web forms.

One year.

It is an online-based tool, so we faced no issues with deployment.

Comindware Tracker is stable.

No issues.

High level customer service - quick and careful.

I contacted technical support once and they got my issue settled within an hour or so, which was perfect.

I used Wufoo. It worked, but time after time, I had a hard time with its user interface and switched to Comindware Tracker after its trial.

Initial setup was straightforward.

I personally implemented the workflow tool as an in-house IT specialist.

This product made my everyday routine a lot easier. It reduced workflow fail risks.

Price per user works for me when they do not count my clients, which fill forms.

Wufoo.