IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Cloudian HyperStore OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cloudian HyperStore is #13 ranked solution in top File and Object Storage tools. PeerSpot users give Cloudian HyperStore an average rating of 6 out of 10. Cloudian HyperStore is most commonly compared to Dell ECS: Cloudian HyperStore vs Dell ECS. Cloudian HyperStore is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the File and Object Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Cloudian HyperStore?

Cloudian HyperStore lets you start small and grow to hundreds of petabytes on-premises simply by adding nodes. Leverage the proven interoperability of the industry’s only 100% native S3 API.

Cloudian HyperStore was previously known as HyperStore, Cloudian HyperStore Object Storage, HyperStore Object Storage.

Cloudian HyperStore Customers

NTT Communications, Casale, Kumo

Cloudian HyperStore Video

Archived Cloudian HyperStore Reviews (more than two years old)

Platform Technologies Lead Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A reasonable-priced and durable solution for storing our company backup data
  • "It is very durable and that is particularly important."
  • "It is a cloud-based environment and at times, it is not very simple to use."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for storing our backups.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the durability. It is very durable and that is particularly important.

What needs improvement?

It is a cloud-based environment and at times, it is not very simple to use. I would like to see it more user-friendly and easy to use. I would like to see better integration with HyperFile.

We have been using Cloudian HyperStore for six months.
File and Object Storage
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudian, Scality, Red Hat and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is quite stable and we haven't had any problems.

In the time that we have been using Cloudian HyperStore, we haven't added capacity to it. My understanding is that it is not difficult to expand, so it's clearly scalable but I don't know how easy it is. This is something that we expect to find out in the future.

We have been in contact with technical support, back from the point where it was first installed. Most of the time, our interaction with them has been quite good.

Prior to this, we were using Commvault with EMC Isilon hardware. We switched because the EMC maintenance is very expensive and it was cheaper to buy a new solution, compared to maintaining the old one. As it is now, we don't have to pay a lot for maintenance.

This is clearly a product that you cannot deploy by yourself. The installation was quite fast. In two days, we had the software installed on the new hardware. For the entire solution, however, you need more time. We had to migrate our data to the new infrastructure, for example. In total, it took us about one month to deploy.

The setup and deployment were done by Cloudian. My team, of three or four engineers, is responsible for maintenance.

Cloudian HyperStore is definitely priced well compared to some competing products. Our fees are approximately half a dollar per gigabyte.

What other advice do I have?

As this is a software-defined solution, it is important to understand the product and the problems that can occur. Technical support will install it, which is always the case. Next, in order to have a good TCO then it is very important to have the best combination of hardware and software. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Owner with 1-10 employees
Scalability, Amazon S3 compatibility allow us to move back and forth with a hybrid cloud
  • "The most valuable features are its scalability and Amazon S3 compatibility because we can move back and forth with a hybrid cloud."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for video surveillance. Performance has been great.

How has it helped my organization?

It's easy to manage. It doesn't require a lot of administration. It will let us grow.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I'm really pretty satisfied with it. I suppose the cost could always be lower and they should continue to add the latest Amazon S3 features.

Stability has been great.

Scalability is excellent.

Support is very good.

We were using something else. It was not working well and it would not scale well.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor include a good technical solution, that is probably number one; good financial backing is probably number two. Number three is technical support, excellent technical support.

I was not involved with the initial setup, my team was, but they got it up and going very quickly.

Scality, SwiftStack, and Cloudian. We chose Cloudian because we should get the best.

What other advice do I have?

It has met all of our expectations. Buy it, you'll like it.

Download our free File and Object Storage Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cloudian, Scality, Red Hat, and more!
    Updated: June 2022