IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is BMC Remedyforce [EOL]?

BMC Remedyforce, built on Salesforce App Cloud, enables you to deliver high-speed service management that empowers users and accelerates the business, with minimal capital investment.

Built with speed and flexibility in mind

• Comprehensive functionality:Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
  • Social, mobile, modern access: With the Salesforce 1 platform, solve incidents, submit approvals, and crowdsource information via Chatter or chat
  • Intuitive dashboards and reporting: Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
  • Configuration not customization: Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
  • No software or hardware to install or manage: Seamless upgrades twice a year with simple, value-based pricing

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] was previously known as Remedyforce.

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Customers

Design Within Reach, Dex Media, DHHS, News UK, Pervasive Software, Mitchell International, Sysmex Corporation, Ameritas, Lumen 21

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Video

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Reviews

Executive Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible and pretty stable but needs better flexibility
  • "The solution is very flexible."
  • "The look and feel is very dated."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for BD. It's providing service delivery and essentially servicing our end customers in terms of problem management, incident management, and basically ongoing support for our end customers.

We also use the solution just internally for employees as IT service management. These are the two primary use cases that we have internally for this product.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very flexible. It provided us the opportunity to extend into items that were not provided to begin with. It did not have all the features and all the data elements, however does a good job of having the flexibility to add them. We were able to extend it quite easily.

What needs improvement?

At the end of the day, it came to a point where we were trying to extend beyond what was available and the solution was no longer adding any more value. That's why we wanted to upgrade it.

The look and feel is very dated. The new employees who are joining us are coming in with a customer-like experience from the world of big tech. When they come in and then they start experiencing these products, these products are fairly dated in terms of the UI and are very clunky. Those are aspects that definitely can be improved.

They may have made those improvements in newer versions. I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet. I have just done the analysis and it's been deployed in some parts of the organization, however, I believe that that was one of the big problems that we had with these system tools.

The solution basically needs tighter integration with some of the other products that we use. It requires greater flexibility with generating the reports. All the reporting capabilities are limited right now.

We've been using the solution for a while, however, very recently we have started upgrading our systems into the Helix Platform with Smart ID.

Help Desk Software
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BMC, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: July 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's been a very stable deployment for us. We don't have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have not expanded the solution beyond an originally estimated number of users and the use cases that we had originally estimated. We've basically stuck to the original business case and therefore, we haven't had any significant scaling challenges with them.

I find them very, very responsive. Whenever I have anybody with a problem or we are seeing anybody with an issue, we get support from them really quickly, so they are very sensitive to the organizational needs that we have. I cannot say that about every other vendor that we use. I find them definitely a lot more responsive to our needs. We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received so far.

We're actually moving over to BMC Helix at this point.

I actually wasn't involved in the setup. That said, I'm told it's reasonably less complicated compared to some of the other tools that may have been evaluated. I would say maybe that its initial implementation is rather straightforward and pretty good.

They have definitely been leaders in this industry and they're continuing to be there and so I would certainly pay that additional premium for them being ahead of the curve. The way they're priced right now is high, however, due to the value we receive, I don't mind that.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a BMC customer. We don't have a special business relationship with them, however.

While I've enjoyed using this product, I believe BMC Helix to be a better solution.

Overall, I would rate it a six out of ten. If they updated the UI and were a bit more robust I might grade it higher.

Syed Abu Owais Bin Nasar - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Consultant at ibl-unisys
Good reporting and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities
  • "The stability is good. There are no bugs."
  • "They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface."

What is our primary use case?

Remedyforce is primarily used for tasks such as incidents management, service requests, change management, task management, and business management.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects are incident management, service requests, and change management. They are all very helpful to our organization in terms of doing the work and management we need to do.

The initial setup is very easy. It's quite straightforward.

The solution scales well.

The stability is good. There are no bugs.

The solution is very easy to use.

The product offers very good reporting.

What needs improvement?

The product offers quite limited memory. That needs to be expanded.

They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface.

The product could offer better integration capabilities. Right now, we are trying to integrate some on-prem solutions to Remedyforce. We're having some problems doing that right now.

Due to the fact that the solution must be accessed through the internet, if your internet is not good, you'll have trouble accessing the product.

It would be ideal if there was an on-premises option.

Technical support can only be reached via email. It would be nice if we could speak with them directly.

I've been using the solution for about five or so years. It's been a while at this point.

The stability of the product is good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It works well. However, it does depend on the internet connection. If your connection isn't good, you may have issues staying connected and using the solution appropriately.

There are about 8,000 users that are on the solution in our company.

The solution is quite easy to scale, however, it does depend on the license. If you want to scale, you need to move to a new license tier.

Technical support is okay, however, you need to communicate with them via email. There isn't really a portal where you can initiate direct contact.

Yes, Microsoft System Center Service Manager. I used the Incident management, service management, and reporting module of MS SCSM. I found MS SCSM unstable solutions. It takes too much time to generate a report, if you are extracting the report and doing other tasks then it will be hanged or crash your system. Hard to customize. Not so user-friendly a solution.

The initial setup is not complex or difficult. Remedyforce is on a cloud platform, which makes it very easy to set up. It's very easy and quite straightforward.

The solution, being on the cloud, requires very little maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did not need to enlist the help of any integrators or consultants. It was handled very easily in-house with our team managing it.

I can't speak to the exact pricing. It's not a part of the product I directly deal with.

It's my understanding that there are different tiers of licenses, and, if you need to scale up, for example, you need to move to a bigger tier.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with BMC.

We currently use the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

Remedyforce is basically built on Salesforce. We are using the Salesforce Service Cloud.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the integration capabilities were more robust.

Help Desk Software
July 2022
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Principal Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good performance and support, but the CSM features need to be improved
  • "The feature that we like best is the stability of the product."
  • "The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Remedyforce for our IT helpdesk. For our internal users, it keeps track of incidents.

We are also a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we like best is the stability of the product.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement.

I would like to have a cloud-based service portal.

I have been working with BMC Remedyforce for seven years.

The stability is very good.

Remedyforce is pretty much scalable. We have about 4,000 employees who use it in our organization.

We have a premium support contract and it has been good for us. Whenever we raise an issue, they are responsive and help us.

We did use a different solution prior to BMC Remedyforce, but we switched because it wasn't easily customizable and we had trouble onboarding it. Basically, Remedyforce is a more powerful product.

The installation is easy. However, configuring the tool around the processes can be complex.

We have our own team of technicians who took care of the implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Five people were required to complete the deployment, while maintenance is handled by three.

We are currently looking to upgrade our environment to a SaaS-based solution. The replacement for this solution, BMC Helix, is one that we are trying.

What other advice do I have?

This product has now been deprecated and is no longer available for sale, so I cannot recommend that other people use it. They have been offering the smaller BMC Helix and we are currently evaluating that as a replacement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Shaun Blagdon - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good reporting capability but it is difficult to customize

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to track incident management, problem management, and change management.

What is most valuable?

BMC Remedyforce is quite powerful.

The reporting is very good and you can do incident matching.

What needs improvement?

The ease of customization needs improvement. From an administrator's point of view, it is difficult to customize and could be simplified.

We have been using BMC Remedyforce on and off for about 20 years.

What other advice do I have?

Remedyforce is a product that I can recommend to others.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Information Security Analyst at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A good ticket tracking service but the user interface needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

Our team uses this solution as a ticketing system — we use it to track tickets.

What is most valuable?

BMC Remedyforce is a good tracking service in general.

What needs improvement?

My team finds the search options and the user interface to be really cumbersome.

I have been using this solution for six months.

What other advice do I have?

Although I am not familiar with all of the features, overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.