BMC Atrium CMDB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BMC Atrium CMDB is the #3 ranked solution in top Configuration Management Databases. PeerSpot users give BMC Atrium CMDB an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. BMC Atrium CMDB is most commonly compared to ServiceNow CMDB: BMC Atrium CMDB vs ServiceNow CMDB. BMC Atrium CMDB is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
What is BMC Atrium CMDB?

BMC Atrium CMDB 9 provides a complete, accurate, and up-to-date view of the people, technologies, and services that make up your business and IT environments. The benefits of ITIL CMDB span your entire IT organization—including service support, mainframe, and cloud—to give you complete control over the service lifecycle.

• Increase efficiency and stability with a single source of reference for all your IT infrastructure and services.
  • Reduce costs by automating tasks that previously required manual intervention.
  • Minimize IT risks with better understanding of change dependencies.
  • Operate services with clear insight into all parameters.
  • Enable seamless integration between support and operations processes.

BMC Atrium CMDB was previously known as Atrium CMDB.

BMC Atrium CMDB Customers

Brookfield

BMC Atrium CMDB Video

BMC Atrium CMDB Reviews

Yousef Bayari - PeerSpot reviewer
ITSM Consultant at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Initial setup straightforward, helpful support, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

BMC Atrium CMDB is a configuration management database. It's the core of the ITSM system. All changes, incidents, and problems must be related to an actual CI, which can be a network element, server, or cell. When you first install any of the ITSM systems, you start with installing the BMC Atrium CMDB and then you install all the ITM suites on top of the CMDB.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of BMC Atrium CMDB are its ease to build new classes. For example, let's say there are types of CIs or efforts that do not exist in BMC Atrium CMDB. You can create your own and their relationship to existing classes.

What needs improvement?

BMC Atrium CMDB could improve if they had a cloud version and made the interface better.

I have been using BMC Atrium CMDB for approximately 10 years.

The integration through BMC Atrium CMDB sometimes is heavy when updating the CMDB. It might take extra time when you run any kind of integration to receive CI updates or when they are created.

BMC Atrium CMDB is scalable.

We have many people working on the CIs on the front end of the solution.

The support from BMC Atrium CMDB is good, they are helpful.

The initial setup of BMC Atrium CMDB is straightforward.

A couple of technicians can support the administration side of BMC Atrium CMDB. We have one configuration manager and one overall BMC Atrium CMDB manager for support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate BMC Atrium CMDB a ten out of ten.

Shivkrishna Vengal - PeerSpot reviewer
BMC Remedy Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
An excellent asset management and monitoring tool, providing seamless integration capabilities and a holistic, full-network asset view
  • "This solution makes it easy for us to access data, and seamlessly integrates with all ITSM as well as the monitoring parts."
  • "We would like the service modelling functionality of this solution to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor and maintain service modelling and assets throughout the full life-cycle.

What is most valuable?

This solution makes it easy for us to access data, and seamlessly integrates with all ITSM as well as the monitoring parts.

This product also gives a centralized view on where assets are causing issues, or need to be upgraded. It allows us a holistic view of all the assets, and the level of usage for each.

What needs improvement?

We would like the service modelling functionality of this solution to be improved.

We would also like a more efficient impact analysis feature to be developed for this product; as present it takes a lot of time to identify the risk and its impact.

We have been using this solution for almost 10 years.

This is a stable solution, in our experience.

We have found this to be a scalable product.

We switched to this solution because of its 360 view of the assets lane. We can see up to date information on how many tickets were generated, how many issues occurred, how many changes took place, etc.

This solution is easy to implement, and the deployment takes two to three hours.

What other advice do I have?

We would advise organizations to prepare the foundations of their data, and how they would like to see it before implementing this software. This will ensure that the full benefit of the product is realized.

We would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.