IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

AWS Trusted Advisor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AWS Trusted Advisor is #22 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give AWS Trusted Advisor an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. AWS Trusted Advisor is most commonly compared to CloudHealth: AWS Trusted Advisor vs CloudHealth. AWS Trusted Advisor is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is AWS Trusted Advisor?

AWS Trusted Advisor is your customized cloud expert! It helps you to observe best practices for the use of AWS by inspecting your AWS environment with an eye toward saving money, improving system performance and reliability, and closing security gaps.

AWS Trusted Advisor Customers
Expedia, Intuit, Royal Dutch Shell, Brooks Brothers
AWS Trusted Advisor Video

AWS Trusted Advisor Reviews

Labhesh Hase - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Director at LTI - Larsen & Toubro Infotech
Great security, cost, and reliability
  • "The cost optimization and security-related fixes in AWS Trusted Advisor have been great."
  • "I'd like the solution to support clouds beyond AWS."

What is our primary use case?

Whenever we deploy something or whenever we do some changes in the environment, we normally go in AWS Trusted Advisor and check whether any instances lying idle, any rightsizing we can do, whether we can reclaim any EBS volumes, or whether we can recommission any of the databases which are serving Zero IOPs, or whether there are any security-related loopholes in our entire environment. It gives all the checks related to performance issues and cost. It gives those checks.

What is most valuable?

The cost optimization and security-related fixes in the AWS Trusted Advisor have been great.

We are new to AWS, so whenever we deploy anything, so we get Trusted Advisor help also. It is automated checks, so it's a single thing where we can get all the information. If any instance or any AWS volume is lying idle, the Trusted Advisor certainly pops up and it also gives us how much cost we can save by doing that particular action. Basically, it helps in reducing billing, and it helps in improving security.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

It's been good so far. We haven't found any weak areas.

Whenever they suggest anything or any changes in the environment, we cannot click and simply implement those changes. We have to go and rectify everything and do the changes manually. Rather than that, if they can do some sort of automation implemented in the AWS Trusted Advisor, that would be ideal.

I'd like the solution to support clouds beyond AWS.

I've been using the solution for more than 12 months.

Cloud Management
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, VMware, CloudCheckr and others in Cloud Management. Updated: July 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is good. It just works. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

It is a scalable solution.

It's open to everyone who has access. That includes admin users and end users. We have around a thousand or more users on the solution currently.

It's used quite extensively. It's a part of AWS. However, if you have a Google or Azure cloud, it won't pick up anything on that. It's exclusively for AWS.

Technical support is good. We are satisfied with their level of assistance.

We went for CloudHealth, which is one of the solutions for cost optimization. CloudHealth will make sense when you have multiple clouds in your environment. AWS is good, however, in our environment, only AWS is there, so we're using only AWS as a service rather than investing in CloudHealth, which is working across clouds.

It's straightforward to set up. Even if you go with your email ID to the AWS site and open your own email, or AWS account, you will get the Trusted Advisor basic setup. Once you have the pro license enabled, you will get the entire set. It's just a SaaS service. There is no implementation strategy, there is no deployment. It comes in-built into the AWS service. It takes no time at all.

It's in-built as an AWS product. We did not need help from outside consultants.

We do not see an ROI. It's cost-optimized.

I'm not familiar with the licensing costs. We are platinum partners. We get that licensing in-built.

We did not evaluate any other solutions previously.

What other advice do I have?

There's not any version per se that we are on. If you go to the AWS console, they have the Trusted Advisor as a service.

I'd advise others to use the solution. Implementing it is straightforward. You have to just enable the full-fledged license and it just goes in your entire environment.

I'd rate the solution an eight out of ten. It's easy to use. The security, cost, optimization, reliability, and performance are great. If it had more automation, I'd rate it higher.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)