Aurea CX Messenger OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aurea CX Messenger is the #2 ranked solution in top SOA Governance tools, #4 ranked solution in top Business Activity Monitoring tools, #6 ranked solution in top Message Oriented Middleware (MOM) tools, #10 ranked solution in top Message Queue Software, and #10 ranked solution in top ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) tools. PeerSpot users give Aurea CX Messenger an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Aurea CX Messenger is most commonly compared to IBM MQ: Aurea CX Messenger vs IBM MQ. Aurea CX Messenger is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Aurea CX Messenger Buyer's Guide

Download the Aurea CX Messenger Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Aurea CX Messenger?

CX Messenger lets your technology keep pace with your business. Aurea’s industry leading Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) lets you adapt and change your infrastructure with plug-and-play speed and ease.

Aurea CX Messenger was previously known as CX Messenger Enterprise, Aurea Sonic ESB, Aurea Sonic, Aurea Sonic MQ.

Aurea CX Messenger Customers
Heathrow, HomeServe, Paypal, Freedom Mortgage

Archived Aurea CX Messenger Reviews (more than two years old)

Enterprise Architect at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Excellent stability, capable of scaling, and good at supporting security particulars
  • "The solution offers excellent stability."
  • "The solution needs to improve support for new, more recent protocols on the API."

What is our primary use case?

With this solution, we are able to roll together our services with other applications while also expose that shared data from and to other organizations in Belgium.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers excellent stability.

The solution is very good at supporting security particulars.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve support for new, more recent protocols on the API.

I've been using the solution for more than ten years.

Aurea CX Messenger vs. IBM MQ
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Aurea CX Messenger vs. IBM MQ and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution's stability is excellent. It's one of the best features. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches that have affected its performance.

The solution is very scalable. It's easy to expand the solution if you need to.

We're constantly using the solution.

We've been in touch with technical support in the past. Their service is okay. We're satisfied with the level of service they've provided.

We didn't previously use a different solution before we began using Aurea.

The setup is not simple. It's quite complex.

There are a lot of concepts that you have to cope with. A user needs to understand the way the system is working. Basically, it's GMS brokering and it's not that simple.

Our deployment was quite a long time ago, so I don't recall how long the process was.

We have the solution deployed on 11 sites and have two to three people on our team who handle maintenance. They are engineers.

We handled the implementation on our own. We have our own internal team that is responsible for the deployment, etc. We did ask for some support from the editor.

The licensing costs on a yearly basis are around $200,000. There are no additional costs besides the licensing fees. For example, you do not have to pay extra for technical support, etc.

We were looking at a few different options before we chose Aurea, however, our evaluations happened a long time ago, so I don't remember the names of the organizations.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of the solution, but off-hand I don't know the exact number.

The solution doesn't really have end-users. There are about three to five organizations with a few dozen people spread across them.

I'd recommend using the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

IT Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly tool which allows for a seamless approach to performing hotfixes
  • "SDM: User-friendly tool which allows for a seamless approach to performing hotfixes, if required."
  • "It should include/add more services with the product as per market demand. It should include custom Java services developed by any organization or provide a platform where users/developers can share ideas/custom services, etc."

What is our primary use case?

1. Connect multiple third-party, as well as in-house applications (more than 130), using ESB and MQ as middleware facilitating seamless communication between them.
  2. Build middleware using ESB and MQ to provide customization and absorb business changes within middleware without major changes to the front-end and back-end.

How has it helped my organization?

1. Before implementation of ESB/MQ middleware, the organization was fully dependent on a third-party vendor for a particular functionality. Now, with help of an implemented middleware platform, it has enabled us to move to any other third-party vendor providing this feature in the market.
  2. Enables orchestration of various functions provided by distinguished vendors as a one product. Before this, there was a separate front-end software setup for different departments in the organization, which is now clubbed together and provides a single platform for all departments functioning on different business aspects.
  3. One of the organization provides billing features. With the help of ESB/MQ middleware, it allows us to implement various billing options/utilities with little configuration or code changes.

What is most valuable?

1. Aurea has bundled well-known and widely used technologies like XSLT, JavaScript, XSD, WSDL, etc., which make programmers life easier as there is no need to learn any tool specific coding.
  2. Build and deployment are really easy.
  3. SDM: User-friendly tool which allows for a seamless approach to performing hotfixes, if required.
  4. Environment Setup: Very easy to create a complete environment from scratch. Just to give example on my project, we were able to build a production environment in just 35 minutes after software installation and ready script.
  5. Custom Java service: Allows you to write your own code to fulfill any given requirement that Java can support. This is a very useful feature.

What needs improvement?

1. Aurea needs to seriously think on the advertising of this product.
  2. They should not be frequently upgrading the product version.
  3. It should include/add more services with the product as per market demand. It should include custom Java services developed by any organization or provide a platform where users/developers can share ideas/custom services, etc.

More than five years.

No issues.

Few, which got resolved with the help of an Aurea consultant.

The current support model is excellent. I hope they continue the same going forward.

Initial setup was really easy and seamless.

In-house, but it is easy to earn the expertise.

Yes, TIBCO.

Aurea CX Messenger vs. IBM MQ
November 2022
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user779385 - PeerSpot reviewer
ENK lead Developer (Java) at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
It solved a lot of load balancing and fault tolerance issues, deployment issues, and improved business possibilities
  • "ESB: Provides all kind of possibilities to resolve business needs. A lot of ready to use services plus custom Java services. I used a lot of them all."
  • "You should not hurry with upgrades without testing the whole product completely."

How has it helped my organization?

We solved a lot of load balancing and fault tolerance issues, deployment issues, and improved business possibilities.

Do not underestimate the Java custom service type possibilities.

What is most valuable?

• MQ: I liked that the transport layer was separated from the business (ESB) layer.
  • ESB: Provides all kind of possibilities to resolve business needs. A lot of ready to use services plus custom Java services. I used a lot of them all.
  • SDM: Very helpful feature for setting up or updating the whole system for as many servers and environments as you needed. Liked this feature a lot and am missing it.

What needs improvement?

The 2015 version was a nightmare at the beginning compared with 2013 version.

So far, the patched Sonic 2013 was very good product.

With 2015 and its endless upgrades, all seems to be going downhill.

No. All threads worked as expected during load tests, as well in ready to use service types and in custom Java service types.

There were some issues with brokers in some circumstances, but can't remember the issue exactly.

Technical support is not so good lately. Aouali Park was the best partner ever, but later the Indian support was just horrible with suggestions and solutions they offered in some cases. I doubt they really understand what they suggest some times.

At the moment, I work with pure Java and a bit with Oracle SOA Suite, because it is the current corporation choice.

It was not complex compared with a huge Oracle product.

Much better than Oracle SOA Suite.

Yes, we reviewed some open source products, like a RabbitMQ and others.

What other advice do I have?

Think about your needs and possibilities. Sonic is lightweight, scalable, and does the work. Easy to start, setup, and manage.

Compared with Oracle much easier, cheaper, and I can't see the difference if you know how to use it.

it_user690762 - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Provides velocity and Integration with other platforms

What is most valuable?

• Easy to deploy new services.
  • Drag and Drop tool to develop: It is fantastic.
  • Velocity
  • Integration with other platforms.

What needs improvement?

I would definitely like to see marketing for this product.

I have been familiar with the tool for four years.

There are no deployment issues at the moment.

There are no stability issues at the moment.

There are no scalability issues at the moment.

I would give customer service a rating of an eight out of 10.

I would give technical support a rating of a nine out of 10.

I think we are the better partners who have experience in this kind of solution. Some clients qualified us at a nine out of 10.

You pay nothing for licensing, because the commercial model is a subscription. Other environments, such as QA and Development, are included in the subscription. You don't pay any additional money for these environments.

We evaluated Tibco, Red Hat, and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is the pioneer for SOA environments. It is definitely good software.