Aruba Airwave OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aruba Airwave is the #15 ranked solution in top Network Management Applications. PeerSpot users give Aruba Airwave an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Aruba Airwave is most commonly compared to Cisco DNA Center: Aruba Airwave vs Cisco DNA Center. Aruba Airwave is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 14% of all views.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Aruba Airwave?
Offering granular visibility into wired and wireless networks, AirWave is the only management platform designed with mobile devices and apps in mind. By proactively monitoring the health and performance of all things connected, AirWave lets IT gain the insights they need to support the digital workplace.
Aruba Airwave Customers
Henkel, University of Findlay, University of Minnesota Duluth, University of Iowa
Aruba Airwave Video

Archived Aruba Airwave Reviews (more than two years old)

Shohidul Islam - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy Manager at STBL
Reseller
Feature-rich, reasonably-priced, and stable

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Aruba Airwave is one of the products that we implement for our customers. Most of our customers use this product to manage and monitor their networks.

What is most valuable?

What I like about Aruba is that it has a lot of features.

What needs improvement?

The integration with other platforms like Cisco needs to be improved.

We have been deploying Aruba Airwave to our customers for two years, and I have been working on it for almost three.

Network Management Applications
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Huawei, Cisco and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: December 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is definitely stable.

Aruba Airwave is scalable.

The license allows anywhere from 100 to 1,000 users, and then from 1,000 and above.

It was easy to install, not complex.

It took about thirty minutes to deploy.

This solution requires a moderate amount of staff to deploy and maintain.

I completed the implementation myself.

This product is not expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product and we have plans to continue providing it to our clients, depending on their requirements.

Technical Support Specialist Networks at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Provides a lot of reporting capabilities and has a good interface
  • "This solution gives you a lot of reporting capabilities, and it has a very good interface."
  • "I would like to see an integration of services into one system, rather than having multiple systems to do multiple things."

What is our primary use case?

The main use case for this solution is reporting.

What is most valuable?

This solution gives you a lot of reporting capabilities and it has a very good interface.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an integration of services into one system, rather than having multiple systems to do multiple things. For example, ClearPass has everything in one.

Approximately two years.

In terms of stability, I have zero issues with it.

I cannot comment on the scalability because the solution is within my building, and the number of users doesn't change.

Currently, it is used by thirty to sixty people at the maximum.

I have not dealt with the technical support for AirWave. We have dealt with them for the ClearPass product and Aruba, but not for this solution.

Prior to this, we were using a solution from Juniper Networks, but it was outdated and really old. We did a review of all the products and Aruba AirWave came out high, which is why we switched.

There are two staff members who maintain everything.

The initial setup was done by a contractor, who was very good. It was with a company named MDS.

The cost is perfect because the devices have a lifetime warranty, and the licensing is good as well. I have no complaints.

What other advice do I have?

This is a straightforward solution but I would suggest that somebody implement it for you. Also, make sure that they have a really good background in it.

I would rate this product a nine out of ten.

Network Management Applications
December 2022
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user802077 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Wireless Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Helps people with troubleshooting so they get better use out of their technical staff
  • "It has improved my organization by increasing troubleshooting opportunities which makes things more efficient."
  • "Whenever you get an error it doesn't immediately tell you what the thing is that is causing the error. You have to sit down and research it. If it could say what error is causing the issue, it would make my troubleshooting a lot quicker."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is to control access points through airwave. modify configs, and enhance RF tweaking.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization by increasing troubleshooting opportunities which makes things more efficient. Airwave has so many features built in that allow for speed and efficiency (clarity, visualrf, airwatch) that processes and troubleshooting are greatly enhanced.

What is most valuable?

• Clarity - both live and synthic for different reasons, but enhanced and efficient use of staff troubleshooting time.
  • Visual RF - visual location of rogues, clients, and estimated coverage enhance and make troubleshooting more efficieint

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Airwave and IMC integrated so that it's like an add-on feature to Airwave. Or that Airwave is an add-on feature inside of IMC. A lot of the features from IMC would be useful as another tab, like Clarity tab, Visual RF, AirWatch or AirMatch tab. The IMC functions would be useful as well.

More than five years.

Stability is good.

Scalability is pretty good. My highest deployment is over five to seven thousand. Half a dozen staff is required for maintenance. There probably won't be any bigger deployments of it now.

Technical support is good.

We were previously using Cisco Prime. We switched because Aruba is easier to use.

Deployment took an hour and a half to two hours.

It helps people with troubleshooting so they get better use out of their technical staff.

Pricing and licensing are pretty good. I personally don't like the way it's licensed but everybody has their own things about that.

What other advice do I have?

I think everybody needs this solution. It helps a lot with technical troubleshooting and no matter what end products you have, Airwave is a good solution for everybody.

I would rate it an eight and a half out of ten.

John LeBrun - PeerSpot reviewer
Solution Design Engineering at Cigna
MSP
  • "It contains valuable features for engineers to C-level executives, who want visibility, performance, statistics, and a platform which can take action for them without manual intervention, saving time and money.​​"
  • "The Clarity feature makes it easy to use and understand what is going on with your network in a nice dashboard.​"
  • "I would like to see is “AAS”. Not only Aruba APs with central, but NAC/ClearPass, AirWave, and everything licensed as a Service."

What is our primary use case?

Visibility and control in any environment, especially Healthcare,Finance, Education and SLED accounts.

How has it helped my organization?

Gives us network access control, visibility, scalability, security, and control in what is becoming an uncontrollable, inundated BYOD and IoT world.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Aruba is always finding better, innovative ways to make their products easier and more friendly. It is always being improved, but what I would like to see is “AAS”. Not only Aruba APs with central, but NAC/ClearPass, AirWave, and everything licensed as a Service. This way, like AWS, they can spin up what they need when they need it and vice versa.

More than five years.

None.

None.

Awesome tech support when needed. Each customer is given a customer number and TAC will follow through until all issues are resolved, whether it be a flaw in the product or a customer misconfiguration.

I did not personally use a previous solution.

Initial setup is straightforward. It is recommended to read the manual before implementation.

I provide straight answers. Licensing and pricing are extremely straightforward.

Run a 90 day free Proof of Concept (PoC) for each product by implementing and using it fully in your environment. This way you will be educated on its features, functionality, and manageability.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner of Aruba
it_user341292 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Administrator at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It provides an easy way to track access point statistics, but the stability of access point management needs work.

What is most valuable?

• The organization of infrastructure is valuable.
  • Client match/ARM is also good.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides an easy way to track access point statistics and organization of access points compared to the controller.

What needs improvement?

• Stability of GUI
  • Stability of instant access point management

I've used it for two years.

8/10

8/10

No previous solution was used.

ROI is good, and the technology has a good life span.

Licensing can be complicated, but they are usually flexible.

What other advice do I have?

Weigh up the options between thin access points and instant access points.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Huawei, Cisco, and more!
Updated: December 2022