IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

AppDynamics Server Monitoring OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppDynamics Server Monitoring is #32 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give AppDynamics Server Monitoring an average rating of 8 out of 10. AppDynamics Server Monitoring is most commonly compared to Datadog: AppDynamics Server Monitoring vs Datadog. AppDynamics Server Monitoring is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is AppDynamics Server Monitoring?

Application-centric server monitoring in context of your business transactions to proactively isolate and resolve application performance issues faster with actionable, correlated application-server metrics.

AppDynamics Server Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Server Monitoring Video

AppDynamics Server Monitoring Reviews

Oan-Ali - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Architecture at Ahli United Bank
Predictive notifications are on target but there should be better regional support
  • "The auto-discovery of the logs is the most valuable feature. It requires minimal configuration, we just need to set up on once and it automatically detects through the code."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see the configuration of the data and more support for new applications. It should support new languages."

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premise deployment model of this solution.  Our primary use case of this solution is for monitoring our critical applications. The automated data dynamics enables us to monitor the performance of an application and unknowns.

How has it helped my organization?

A way that it has improved my organization is from its notifications. We can get notified on our mobile app. We get notified spontaneously for mission-critical applications. It notifies us that the incident is going to happen in the near future, it's a predictive notification. The notifications have been on target for us and have improved my organization.

What is most valuable?

The auto-discovery of the logs is the most valuable feature. It requires minimal configuration, we just need to set up on once and it automatically detects through the code.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be coupled with its own analytic elastic search analytic model. It should push that data to other data models so the organization does not have to spend separately or to spend more on the analytics part. If a bank or any organization has its own dashboarding solution it should be able to push the data to that dashboarding solution. This is not available right now. In the next release, I would like to see the configuration of the data and more support for new applications. It should support new languages.
IT Infrastructure Monitoring
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, Zabbix, ITRS and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: May 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using AppDynamics for two years.

It's a fairly stable product and I would say that they are longer lived than new applications that have been on boarded.

Our entire command center is using this solution which is around 15 to 20 users.

Their technical support isn't great. The geographical distance and the response time it takes to respond to emails from the technical team is very slow.

For the setup, you need a good understanding of the solution and how it works so I would say it's not that simple. It's not that complex either but if you have the right people in place, it should have a medium level of complexity. For banks, it can be a little more complex because it needs to comply with a lot of security guidelines. If you're not in a banking environment, it should be more straightforward. The setup took us around two to three weeks.

We consulted directly with AppDynamics for the implementation. The experience was good but the geographical distance was always an issue because we don't have local support available in the area. Otherwise, when the people were on the floor it was okay but when the people were not on the floor then definitely there were some problems there.

We have definitely seen an ROI. If you have a critical application that needs to be monitored you will see your indirect ROI within two to three years and you'll have the happy customers, not usual complaints.

You don't have to pay. You only pay for the implementation partners if you choose to get help.

What other advice do I have?

I would say be cautious on the licensing model. You should understand your exact needs. If your needs are in line with what this solution offers then I would genuinely recommend going for this solution, otherwise, if not, it might be too costly. I think from the product perspective it's fine but on the implementation descriptions there are a lot of issues. It's challenging without support. If someone is looking into it they need to look for any local organization partners in their area. I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, Zabbix, ITRS, and more!
Updated: May 2022