Amazon Route 53 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Amazon Route 53 is the #5 ranked solution in top Managed DNS tools. PeerSpot users give Amazon Route 53 an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Amazon Route 53 is most commonly compared to Azure DNS: Amazon Route 53 vs Azure DNS. Amazon Route 53 is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Managed DNS Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Amazon Route 53?

Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service. It is designed to give developers and businesses an extremely reliable and cost effective way to route end users to Internet applications by translating names like www.example.com into the numeric IP addresses like 192.0.2.1 that computers use to connect to each other. Amazon Route 53 is fully compliant with IPv6 as well.

Amazon Route 53 was previously known as Route 53.

Amazon Route 53 Customers
Hess, Expedia, Kelloggs, Philips, HyperTrack
Amazon Route 53 Video

Amazon Route 53 Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Amazon Route 53 pricing:
"The solution is more expensive than some competitors."

Amazon Route 53 Reviews

Sr. Devops Engineer at BlueStacks
Beneficial graphical interface, automatic updates, and high performance
  • "The most valuable feature of Amazon Route 53 is the graphical interface. It is easy to configure and use. It can integrate well with other platforms, such as Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Platform."
  • "Amazon Route 53 third-party integration could improve. It was a little slow. If I am exporting something outside of the solution it can be slow."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Amazon Route 53 for importing certificates. The main use case for SSL certificates, DNS naming, ANAME, and CNAME.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Amazon Route 53 is the graphical interface. It is easy to configure and use. It can integrate well with other platforms, such as Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Platform.

What needs improvement?

Amazon Route 53 third-party integration could improve. It was a little slow. If I am exporting something outside of the solution it can be slow.

In an upcoming release, they should add a feature to allow users to increase the limit of their DNS entry by the console. Additionally, when records are created they should be able to be deleted faster. They take too long to delete.

I have been using Amazon Route 53 for approximately five years.

Managed DNS
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Microsoft, Google and others in Managed DNS. Updated: November 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Amazon Route 53 is stable.

The scalability of Amazon Route 53 is good. If you are reaching any limits you can ask for an increase in the limits. You can change the limits from the dashboard without the need to contact support.

We have 75 to 100 people using this solution in the organization and it is used daily.

The support from Amazon Route 53 is very good. They are responsive. However, sometimes they are delayed in their response times.

I rate the support from Amazon Route 53 a three out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I have previously used Cloudflare. Cloudflare is a little less costly and integrates quicker than Amazon Route 53, but the Cloudflare GUI is not user-friendly. The performance and overall features are better in Amazon Route 53.

The initial setup of Amazon Route 53 is simple. It takes a few minutes to deploy.

I rate the initial setup of Amazon Route 53 a four out of five.

The solution is more expensive than some competitors.

My advice to others is for them to have some knowledge about the solution before implementation.

I rate the price of Amazon Route 53 a three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

The solution does not require maintenance, it is self-maintaining and self-updating.

We reach a threshold sometimes and then we have to increase it. We use from 7,000 to 40,000 hours depending on our products.

The solution is suitable for all sized businesses.

I rate Amazon Route 53 an eight out of ten.

Download our free Managed DNS Report and find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and more!
Updated: November 2022