IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Architecture Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management?

Software AG's Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management Platform provides a collaborative platform for aligning the IT landscape with the business to guide competitive transformation. You can describe complex IT systems in terms of their business, application, information and technical layers, and develop standards for change. Build the foundation for business-IT transformation with an accurate, real-time picture of the IT landscape, including all applications and technologies, the inter-relationships between them, the information they exchange as well as the business organizations and processes they support.

Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management Customers

Metro Bank, Credit Suisse

Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management Video

Archived Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management Reviews (more than two years old)

Yves Vander Schelden - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
A stable, scalable solution with good management functionality
  • "The initial setup was straightforward. It takes two to three days to set up the environment. One person was able to handle the implementation."
  • "The user experience, the layout and the different technologies behind the presentations are a bit old. These need to be updated. They should focus on web development. It's simply not supporting the current user experience guidelines."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution was to commit different applications and to commit the technology being used by those.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the completeness, and the repos included on the platform.

The solution offers very good management.

What needs improvement?

The user experience, the layout and the different technologies behind the presentations are a bit old. These need to be updated. They should focus on web development. It's simply not supporting the current user experience guidelines.

The solution was quite expensive.

The modeling features on the solution need improvement. Alfabet is really good at management, but not that good in modeling. Some other products, like Sparx, can do both. The solution should strive to be good at both as well.

I've used the solution for a few months.
Architecture Management
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Software AG, Sparx Systems, LeanIX and others in Architecture Management. Updated: July 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable.

Within the cloud environment, the solution is quite scalable.

We had a custom made internal solution before switching to Alfabet.

We had assistance with the implementation.

We evaluated iServer, and MEGA among others, but the main issue was the pricing of such technology. It is quite a large investment.

What other advice do I have?

We only used the solution for a few months because it was only a proof of concept and since it was really expensive, we decided to choose another solution. We tested the solution for three months. Our organization used the private cloud deployment model from the software agent.

In terms of advice, I would say, that, as for any other product like this, to start slow. You should start with a small data model, and focus on improving it step by step.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. If it weren't for the pricing, I would probably rate it higher.

KamalHussein - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Project Manager at a government with 51-200 employees
A customizable and flexible solution that has given us insight into optimizing our IT assets
  • "The most valuable features of this solution are its customizability, and flexibility in the configuration."
  • "We would like to see the visualization of assets, as well as artificial intelligence techniques to assist us in making our decisions."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for enterprise architecture in an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

IT governance in this solution needs improvement. We would like to see the visualization of assets, as well as artificial intelligence techniques to assist us in making our decisions.

We have been using this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

This solution is scalable, and we plan to increase its usage.

I have contacted technical support and they are excellent.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. Our deployment took between two and four months. The number of staff required for deployment and maintenance depends on the size of the environment and the security policy that they use. For us, it is between three and five people.

We used an integrator to assist us with deployment.

We evaluated at least one other option before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody researching this solution is the training and knowledge transfer is very important because there are fewer people that really know about Alfabet.

For us, adopting this solution was the right decision. We know a lot more about our assets and what we need to optimize and reuse from our collection of IT assets.

Download our free Architecture Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Software AG, Sparx Systems, LeanIX, and more!
Updated: July 2022