Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Trend Micro Mobile Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Mobile Security is #5 ranked solution in top Mobile Data Protection tools. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro Mobile Security an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Trend Micro Mobile Security is most commonly compared to Sophos Mobile: Trend Micro Mobile Security vs Sophos Mobile. Trend Micro Mobile Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Mobile Data Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Trend Micro Mobile Security?
Trend Micro Mobile Security Solutions includes Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android and Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS devices that provide advanced comprehensive protection against ransonware, identity theft, phishing scams, fraudulent websites, etc and safeguards your privacy on Facebook and Twitter. It also includes Trend Micro Password Manager software that helps to securely store all passwords and sensitive information, to access them when needed on PCs, Macs, and mobile phones and tablets.
Trend Micro Mobile Security Customers
Alertboot, Babou, Ponsse
Trend Micro Mobile Security Video

Archived Trend Micro Mobile Security Reviews (more than two years old)

Network & Security Team Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, seamless, simple, and has good sandbox technology
  • "Customer service has been excellent. Trend Micro has very good deals and support - also in the Middle East."
  • "There have been some users who have been complaining about the interface being unfriendly and when the application software is installed on their phone making their mobile slow."

What is our primary use case?

We have had requests from some of our clients that have a bigger mobile environment, where the clients bring their own devices and connect it to the network, and they need access to an encrypted file. Most of the time they use an endpoint encryption mobile device itself and they want to control access for those users. Mostly it is related to the mobile device protection itself which would include the upload and anti-virus. It has to have encryption if there any files being downloaded from the network itself. These are most of the use-cases that we have worked on.

What needs improvement?

From a technical point of view, I don't have much to give in terms of feedback on what could be improved. But there have been some users who have been complaining about the interface being unfriendly and when the application software is installed on their phone making their mobile slow, a little bit laggy. It should be taking less processing. It just depends on the mobile phone.

Apart from this, I haven't seen many use-cases of it being deployed on a large scale. We haven't had the experience of it deployed on a very large scale so I'm not sure how it would perform in that environment, so I can't say anything about this.

I have been using Trend Micro Mobile Security for almost a year and a half or so.

Stability hasn't been an issue because we've had some cases where we had to integrate Micro and another product. It was seamless, no issues, everything works smoothly. Even if it had to work with Trend Micro modules. It was very simple, very straightforward, nothing complex about it.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Lookout, Microsoft and others in Mobile Data Protection. Updated: September 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Customer service has been excellent. Trend Micro has very good deals and support - also in the Middle East, which I know because I am located here in the Middle East. We have most of our clients here in the Middle East. They have a huge presence here, and support has never been an issue for us or for our clients. So support has been good.

Pricing can vary from situation to situation. But to be honest, I don't have much exposure to the prices because I'm mostly looking into the technical part. So I can't give you much about the prices here.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, if I speak specifically about the endpoint protection, I would rate it an eight, because I haven't had much experience working on their other products. But from the perspective of their endpoint protection, their sandbox technology is very nice. So I think it would be eight, overall.

I would strongly want Micro to work on their other products as well, such as Mobile Device Security, because we have had some difficulties introducing this product to other clients who have larger environments. They are not very comfortable opting for Trend Micro, even for IoT security. We have had some clients who are looking for IoT security but they weren't very comfortable going for Trend Micro and are choosing other products because of the use-cases and their strong backing. I believe there are some products which Trend Micro can include besides only endpoint protection, which they are good at it. But on the other hand, their mobile device IOT could be bigger. If they can improve on those, I believe I can give it a nine out of ten, without thinking twice.

it_user1267821 - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Engineer at Digit Labs
Heightened mobile protection that is user-friendly and offers lots of custom features
  • "The solution offers a lot of custom features."
  • "Sometimes, when generating random numbers to our mobile feed the random number doesn't work. We mainly deal with QR codes because of this. If they could fix the random number generator that would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our clients and apply it to some mobile drives. We take our IRIS file and connect the solution to our mobile devices so that there's more firm protection.

We have some GPS locations and we can tag devices on the Trend Micro Mobile Protection server. This way, we can find them if they are lost. We can lock the device from our servers. If someone finds anything and tries to take the data, we can block the data or delete it. Also, if there's a hypermobile we can get special permission from our side and add that permission on our server so we can add items onto our SIEM card for mobile protection.

What is most valuable?

The fact that protection is heightened is the solution's most valuable aspect.

You can access your mobile system wherever your mobile is located and you can check the customers that are there.

There are many interesting features, but the most interesting is the ability to flag your system and mobile device from your server.

The solution offers a lot of custom features.

The system is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I did my first deployment of Trend Micro in 2018 and my second deployment in February of 2019.

The solution is stable.

I have seen other products for mobile protection but I really like Trend Micro because it's different. I can manage my server and my mobile because both are connected to the terminal. It's great.

The solution is scalable. It gives you a lot of features and it is easy to enter any ticket. Anyone can work on it. If he or she has some background in mobile protection, they can easily manage it.

I'm working on the vendor side and we provide support for a government bank in Pakistan. The bank bought a license package of 2,500 but are only using 500 licenses currently, so they can still scale quite a bit when they need to

The technical support for the solution is awesome. When we have to open a case for any user, they do a review of it and give it to the call center for us so that the technical support team can be more efficient in regards to addressing the underlying problem. They handle all of the issues.

I currently also use Kaspersky Security for end-to-end protection. However, I don't use any mobile protection from them. This is the first time that I worked with Trend Micro Mobile Protection.

The initial setup is very simple. We needed a vendor machine solution in 2016. We got two machines that were maybe 16GB RAM or 8GB RAM, depending on the requirements that were needed at the time. With this rather straightforward setup, it was easy to install. After installation, we implemented everything quickly and all the features were available to us. Trend Micro products, all their products, are very user-friendly so everyone can easily manage it.

We deployed multiple products at the time we did the implementation, not just Mobile Security. Our customer on the project was a bank. Due to the fact that it was more than one product, it took some more time. It may have taken two or three days.

I handled the implementation myself but I had some queries which I discussed with Trend Micro. After installation, I discussed some issues with them and consultants and they helped me work through the process. No one else helped me or did the job for me. They just taught me what I needed to do.

Each license costs about $10/year. It's fairly inexpensive because it's a new product. In Pakistan, no more than two or three companies can apply for mobile protection right now. I don't know if there are ancillary costs above the standard licensing fee.

I am working in a vendor company that partners with Trend Micro here in Pakistan, so this why we use it.

What other advice do I have?

When we originally deployed the solution it was an old version, however, now we are up to date with the newest version. It may be version 9.5 or 9.6.

I'd recommend the solution because it is so customizable and user-friendly. I'd rate it ten out of ten.

A very useful information about the protection of mobiles in today's world.

September 2022
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kent Lim - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager at Nexus Legend Sdn Bhd
Protects environment against intrusion and other threats

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the protection of the system environment. It helps prevent intrusion of my system by unknown activities.

What is most valuable?

This solution is able to protect the data, files, and folders that have been hijack or encrypted.

What needs improvement?

This solution is weak and cannot detect the latest ransomware.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

it_user742989 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sales Engineer/Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
​The setup is very easy. The most complex part is the Apple certificate.​

What is most valuable?

The Android protection, it’s faster.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a customer that uses the product to block the user's camera when they enter into the company.

What needs improvement?

The iOS protection: This is because Apple will “close” your smartphone.

My first contact with Mobile Security was in 2013.

Just in the first version. Now, the product works well.

Just in the first version. Now, the product works well.

The Trend Micro support is always available, and the engineers are very good.

No, I have never used a different solution.

The setup is very easy. The most complex part is the Apple certificate.

I don’t know about licensing, because I am not commercial.

No, we are TrendMicro partner, so we choose use this.

What other advice do I have?

Take care with Apple products, as this will be the most complex part.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have 16 years of relationship with the vendor and are a Platinum Partner.
it_user738708 - PeerSpot reviewer
Channel Sales Manager at a tech services company
Features that have proven valuable are the parental controls, anti-theft protection, and app lock

What is most valuable?

• Very cheap in cost
  • Anti-malware
  • Scanning apps
  • Anti-theft protection
  • Parental control
  • App lock

How has it helped my organization?

• Productivity has gone up
  • No nuisance from children at home

What needs improvement?

Contact Backup.

More than nine months.

No issues with stability.

No problems with scalability.

No need of support. Product itself is sturdy, stable, and easy to understand.

No solution was previously used.

No problem with the setup. There is a direct download from the Google Play Store.

Price: Cheapest in India.

Licensing: You will get for one year validity. It is available for one/two user.

I evaluated Quick Heal Mobile Security, but liked Trend Micro Mobile Security.

What other advice do I have?

Just purchase, install, and enjoy until the validity ends.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company, NNR IT Solutions L.L.P., is a National Distributor of Trend Micro Consumer Products in India.
Download our free Mobile Data Protection Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Lookout, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: September 2022