Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Tibero OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Relational Databases Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Tibero?

Tibero by TmaxSoft bridges the gap between legacy relational databases and the new paradigm of running workloads in virtualized data centers and the Cloud, allowing enterprises to fully leverage their investment by embracing a simple, true utilization licensing model.

Tibero Customers

NSPK, Indian Financial Technology & Allied Services (IFTAS), fonePaisa Payment Solutions

Tibero Video

Archived Tibero Reviews (more than two years old)

General Director at TechData Vina
Reseller
A stable and cost-effective tool that is fully compatible with Oracle

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Tibero is one of the database products that we implement for our customers. All applications for Oracle work with Tibero and don't need to be customized.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is compatibility with the Oracle database. If you have knowledge of Oracle then you won't need additional training.

What needs improvement?

A feature for scheduling database management would be helpful.

The knowledge base is quite small and should be expanded.

We have just recently begun selling Tibero.

Relational Databases Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about TmaxSoft, Oracle, Microsoft and others in Relational Databases Tools. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This product is very stable. In the Korean market, many banks have used it for a long time and trust it with mission-critical service.

Our customers are enterprise-level financial organizations.

Tibero does not have a lot of technical information available yet. Oracle, by comparison, has worldwide knowledge sharing and support can be found on their website.

The initial setup is simple and Tibero servers are easy to configure. The deployment will take about two months.

Migration from Oracle to Tibero is very easy and it took us about ten minutes.

The price of Tibero is cheaper than that of Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

it_user866730 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Consultant at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
It uses Hyper-Threading architecture, which is incredibly fast
  • "Tibero uses Hyper-Threading architecture, which is incredibly fast."
  • "Tibero is very easy to setup and maintain."
  • "Tibero is a relational database management system, which supports disaster recovery, active cluster, active storage, etc."
  • "In PL/SQL code, there is a scope of improvement. We expect more PL/SQL packages should be included in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

Tibero is a relational database management system, which supports disaster recovery, active cluster, active storage, etc. This solution is similar to the Oracle solution.

How has it helped my organization?

• A huge benefit of Tibero is its licensing costs are low.
  • The process is simpler than its competitors.
  • Tibero is very easy to setup and maintain.

What is most valuable?

Tibero uses Hyper-Threading architecture, which is incredibly fast. Active cluster and active storage are also a few of those features which makes Tibero stand out from rest of its competitors.

What needs improvement?

In PL/SQL code, there is a scope of improvement. We expect more PL/SQL packages should be included in the next release.

Previously, we have worked with Oracle, but its complex licensing policy and high licensing cost made us switch to Tibero.

The overall costs are very low compared to Oracle.

Relational Databases Tools
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Renan Medeiros - PeerSpot reviewer
Administrador de Banco de Dados with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
One Of The Easiest Solutions To Scale Both Vertically And Horizontally

What is most valuable?

• Threaded architecture, AI/O, HA, and DR.
  • Oracle standard SQL support.

How has it helped my organization?

Tibero has the mission to deliver reliable performance with a lower ownership cost. For those looking for a very solid and robust database solution, Tibero is a very strong candidate.

What needs improvement?

PL/SQL compatibility and cluster network. Listeners resolving on a name and not an IP address.

Almost four years.

Tibero database is very stable. If you don't have a HW failure or a human error, it does not crash or remain unstable.

Tibero is easily scalable. One of the easiest solutions to scale in both vertical and horizontal ways.

Is efficient, very proactive with prompt responses. Patches and binaries are released very quickly.

Usually, Oracle and MS SQL Server. The big difference is cost. Tibero and Oracle perform very similar, and both are stronger than MsSQL. However, Tibero doesn't sell options, encryption, and compression on it as a built-in feature for the enterprise edition.

The initial setup if using automated install is very simple and quick. The binaries are very small and are capable of installing and creating the database in a matter of minutes. Some users think this is a demo version, but in fact, it is a full version.

Manual installation is a bit tricky, but one can get used to it.

Tibero tends to be at least 60% lower in cost than other commonly used products on the same market share.

Not really, due to compatibility with other major database tools, and the pricing is what is very attractive.

If you want to compare on same price range: PostgreSQL or MS SQL Server, match in price, but not in features.

What other advice do I have?

If you are starting to develop something, it is a very good choice. However, if you plan to migrate complex database schemas, be aware of some program incompatibility or a need to adapt.

Proprietary connectivity methods, such as OCI, and the use of data providers may be an inconvenient to solve, if not well planned.

Renan Medeiros - PeerSpot reviewer
Renan MedeirosAdministrador de Banco de Dados with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP

Great review, just adding an info that on enterprise no features are sold as options yet, on standard edition you can buy 4 features as options without going to enterprise edition.

Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
It's easy to port your projects over, and it is cheaper than other software on the market.

What is most valuable?

It is incredibly fast, much faster than Oracle in terms of compiling and processing speeds. It is very reliable, the software never crashes or gets overloaded. It is very secure, the true data never gets falsified or corrupted. It is very easy to port your projects over, and it is considerably cheaper than any other software on the market.

How has it helped my organization?

It saved us money both through subscription, and through saving us time, we can more efficiently manage our database.

What needs improvement?

There could be more user friendly FAQs online and included in the software. Some of the set up was hard to work around at first. Once you use it for a period of time however, it becomes much easier to use than Oracle.

My company has used Tibero for 5 years.

To date, no issues with the software at all.

No, the software is extremely reliable.

No, Tibero grows with our database, and it never struggles to function with data input.

I have only called for customer support once, during set up, and it was very good. I give customer service a 10/10

Technical support also receives a 10/10. They helped me with my set up issues and resolved all my issues and concerns quickly and professionally.

My company previously used Oracle, we switched to Tibero initially to save money on cost.

It was a little confusing at first but after the learning curve it is very easy to use.

In-House.

This is one of, if not the cheapest DBMS tools out there, and it doesn't cut corners on performance.

Orcale, Tibero, IBM, Microsoft