IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Talend Data Fabric OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Talend Data Fabric is #31 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give Talend Data Fabric an average rating of 8 out of 10. Talend Data Fabric is most commonly compared to Talend Open Studio: Talend Data Fabric vs Talend Open Studio. Talend Data Fabric is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Talend Data Fabric?

Talend, a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity, enables companies to transform by delivering trusted data at the speed of business.
Talend Data Fabric offers a single suite of apps that shorten the time to trusted data. Users can collect data across systems; govern it to ensure proper use, transform it into new formats and improve quality, and share it with internal and external stakeholders.

Over 3,000 global enterprise customers have chosen Talend to help them turn all their raw data into trusted data to make business decisions with confidence — including GE, HP Inc., and Domino’s.

Talend Data Fabric Video

Archived Talend Data Fabric Reviews (more than two years old)

Director at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Flexible deployment and has good manageability of not only developing workflows but also deploying, monitoring and managing
  • "We've had no issues with the stability so far."
  • "I would like to see better integration with other tools."

What is our primary use case?

This program is deployed in our organization on-premise and in the cloud and we use it for data integration and data quality purposes. We also use it to provide Business Intelligence analytics.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable about this solution, is the 900 connectors. Because it allows me to integrate any tool and any cloud system I need to integrate and they have a connector out of the box.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other tools because every tool waiting for approval in terms of leveraging machine learning takes a long time.

I have been using Talend Data Fabric for around five years now.
Data Integration Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Talend, Microsoft, Denodo and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've had no issues with the stability so far.

The scalability is very good because you can scale on multiple servers without having to pay extra licensing fees.

We've used the technical support team a few times and they were very helpful. So I'm really satisfied with the solution's customer service.

I've used a few other solutions in the past, but I switched to Talend Data Fabric due to its flexibility in the development and manageability of not only developing workflows but also deploying, monitoring and managing them.

If you choose to start small, the integration is really straightforward. The initial deployment took us around two months. We did everything ourselves and without the help of an integrator.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to 10, I rate this program a nine, because there is always room for improvement. Additional features that I would like to see included in the next release of Talend Data Fabric is having more machine learning capabilities inside the product.

Senior Enterprise Information Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Smart tool to design data pipelines that has good connection capabilities
  • "It is a smart tool for us to design data pipelines. It lets us populate our three data lake instances. We like this solution for its connection capabilities, since it is very important to be able to use many different types of software. We tested a lot of SAP sources successfully, including cloud sources with SAP. It is also very easy to anonymize data with TIBCO, as well as populating HDFS files, packet files, and raw files. It is very easy to do that with Talend Data Fabric."
  • "Deployment can be difficult, but I didn't test the latest version yet. With Talend products, every release brings a lot of new features and functionalities. This is never a small adaptation, because the tool is maturing, but we need to test the latest version and to check its deployment capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the on-premises version.

It is a smart tool for us to design data pipelines. It lets us populate our three data lake instances. We like this solution for its connection capabilities since it is very important to be able to use many different types of software. We tested a lot of SAP sources successfully, including cloud sources with SAP. It is also very easy to anonymize data with TIBCO, as well as populating HDFS files, packet files, and raw files. It is very easy to do that with Talend Data Fabric.

What needs improvement?

Deployment can be difficult, but I didn't test the latest version yet. With Talend products, every release brings a lot of new features and functionalities. This is never a small adaptation because the tool is maturing, but we need to test the latest version and to check its deployment capabilities.

It is our objective to promote all of the data pipelines. We have a design in production and this is our last concern regarding tool adoption.

This is close to being solved. It's just a matter of time. We have no technical issues. We have good support from the vendor.

Now maybe it would be good to work towards being able to use edge and to be able to deploy the pipeline designed on any platform, on-premises or in the cloud. I think this is their vision also. Adoption of the hybrid cloud is the direction we are going in. Creating a hybrid between the on-premises path and the cloud path so each was able to design something without taking accounts of the target would be amazing.

We've been using this solution for about one year.

It is definitively a stable solution.

It is scalable because Talend Data Fabric is a code generator. This is not an engine as an Informatica Power Center is. This means that when you generate code, and you operate the code the caliber of the code is different.

This is a developer tool, so we usually have eight concurrent users.

To be frank, at the beginning, it was very, very difficult. Now, I think that Talend understands what our challenges are now we have a high level of support both in France and the Netherlands. I work for two airlines: Air France and KLM.

This is at the level of our expectations. That was not the case one year ago. Now the level of support provided by Talend is at the right level.

It is very easy to set up the product, it's not complex at all. But for the designer tool that we have on a laptop, the main issue is the java version. You have to have the right java version on the laptop.

The platform took a couple of weeks. When a developer wants to have the tool available on his laptop, this is automatic deployment time. We are able to deploy automatically. The tool is very easy. My job is not to develop it. I am an enterprise architect but I test and evaluate once every two months, just to understand how each tool works. When I have free time, which is unusual, I try to play with the tool that we have. For me, Talend Data Fabric is very easy to use. You don't need to have a lot of knowledge to use the tool.

The most difficult task is to get the credentials to connect the software. That is more of an organizational issue than a technical issue, though.

We selected Talend Data Fabric two or three years ago because this is the tool that has the most capabilities to work with all the Adobe modules.

We selected Talend because the objective was to populate the data lake and this is the tool that has the most capabilities to populate files and repositories of the Adobe platform. This was the driver when we selected Talend.

What other advice do I have?

We needed a smart supporter because this is the first type for the users. The first time the user plays with the tool is always the most difficult period. We have a couple of experts to help with that. It is very, very important to have technical experts on the sources. If you want to connect an ACP source, for example, whatever the flavor, if you don't have your team or you don't ask the SAP expert, you will fail. This is very easy for a SAP expert, because the Talend documentation is very smart. You fill in talend.com and everything is well explained. If, however, you are not able to translate the recommendations in the figures of the source, it is very, very difficult. This is a one lesson that we learned. You need to have a experts, but it is not a full time job. When you want to connect to SAP source, you ask a SAP guy, he works a couple of days and the job is done. You definitively need experts for retrieving data, though.

I would rate this as eight of ten. It doesn't get rated a ten, because this is not a perfect tool. Each release brings new features and I think the tool is still maturing, but definitely in the right direction.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Talend, Microsoft, Denodo, and more!
Updated: June 2022